Armalite Picture Thread

Is the battery in the stock or the PEQ?

Very nice looking. Replace the EoTech with an ACOG and you have what I want my M4 to look like. What all went into that piece?

battery is in the stock (CA Crane Stock). the PEQ is made by STAR and has a working laser.

Hurricane Colt Body

G&P M4 RIS Front End

G&P M203

Star AN/PEQ2

Eotech 551

KA ARMS replica BUIS

CA Crane Stock

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh? Hurricane huh? How is that? Does it have the quick field strip ability?

EDIT: I don't really know where to ask this, but since it sorta-kinda has to deal with Armalites, I'll just ask here...Can a bone stock TM M4 New Type run a 9.6v battery without risk of mauling the internals?

Edited by Sgt. Carter

Top notch chillin. One of mine is setup something similar but it's got the ACOG and the socom stock. Personally, I like the Eotech better than the ACOG. I have an overhaul plan for this gun in the near future but in the mean time here's a few pics. Also, I just ordered a buis from redwolf and the sling and peq have been dropped for skirmish purposes.

DSC013821.JPG

DSC029661.JPG

Hey Roob, I don't know if anyone else has said anything, but I just noticed you have your battery zip tied to the side of your stock. Very clever.

yep, the biggest disappointment to me with the CQBR is that damn crane stock. It's just too bulky for me and I constantly felt like I was fighting around it. I didn't want to rely on PEQ box, or rewire the rifle, and I didn't want a battery bag either. Then I saw a SEAL (IIRC) team photo and one operators had a popflare zip tied to his colapsable buttstock, and another had a stick of C4 in the same place, and it was my eureka moment.

I used a strip of industrial mounting tape (double sided spongey tape) and added the zip ties for extra security.

yep, the biggest disappointment to me with the CQBR is that damn crane stock. It's just too bulky for me and I constantly felt like I was fighting around it.  I didn't want to rely on PEQ box, or rewire the rifle, and I didn't want a battery bag either.  Then I saw a SEAL (IIRC) team photo and one operators had a popflare zip tied to his colapsable buttstock, and another had a stick of C4 in the same place, and it was my eureka moment.

I used a strip of industrial mounting tape (double sided spongey tape) and added the zip ties for extra security.

Dude, why don't you print out a C4 label and tape it onto the battery, or atleast sharpie on "C4" onto the battery. I think it'd look better.

Also, can you pull up and post those pics of the SEALS with the flares/explosives on their stocks?

thus is is completed.

Heavily modified Mk.18

lets see....what do I have in it.....

Guarder metal body

Knights Armrament RAS system

YHM front RIS flip up sight

ARMS #40 rear flip up BUIS

some aimpoint....

Knights foregrip

Knights covers

LMT Crane stock

upgraded 110 spring

metal bushings

metal spring guide

metal nozzle

custom 9.6 3300Mah battery

STS single point sling

Ive done a lot of work to this one, lots of filing, lots of dremmeling, lots of ###### to get this thing to work, and now Im gonna have fun with this MFer for CQB work. (I am aware I am missing things on the weapon, I simply dont care about them, the gun makes almost no freaking noise when I dont want to be heard.)

finishedmk18001.jpg

finishedmk18002.jpg

without the sites up, just because....

finishedmk18003.jpg

and for fellow gear whores, thats an Eagle A-III pack with MOLLE in multicam, and a maxpedition thing on it for fun. ;)

Edited by Blarney

gunpicMedium.jpg

GunPic2Medium.jpg

This is my baby, the only stock external item is the TM butt stock.

All internally stock ATM. ( please excuse the pistol grip, the stock grip had stripped screw holes so I got a grip from a friend's old M15)

EDIT: Forgot to add it has a Madbull Tightbore, and Madbull shark hop up bucking.

Edited by DarkPhoenix

Not bad. I presume it is supposed to be an M16A1. In which case you need to change the barrel out from your current M16A2 model plus it would be nice to have a straight sided Delta ring.

Also turn your flash hider round.

Trigger pin!

I'm being fussy tonight.

Edited by Tommygunn

Oh my, how I miss my M4, or at least the days when it worked. It looked great though. It certainly wasn't a trailer queen :) . It was a TM. CA front assembly, pistol grip, stock tube, carry handle, Cheapo-Depot crane stock, Uber-ized internals (that failed), Systema Torque Up motor (aka Banshee), Guarder and other Systema internals, and to top it off a Hurricane Marine Corps'/ KAC SR-16 body.

IMG_1447.jpg

Edited by xDieter736x
the pistol grip isnt permanent atm since the ICS motor plate dosnt want to fit =[

anyone know if a CA or tm motorplate would keep the motor at the right height/angle ?

Use a TM plate. A CA plate will fit, but I find it jacks a bit too much with motor position. The TM plate works best.

I'm seriously considering doing a solid color scheme though (light coyote brown/tan) later on.  It'll be similar to the tan colored SCAR, but with slightly more 'richer' tone to it.  Anyone think this will be a good idea?

Souske, have you ever given thought to the notion that with all the money you spend on paint, bluing solution, sand paper, paint thinner/stripper, JB weld, epoxy resin, 550 paracord, 100mph OD duct tape, cheapsoft products (M203), and deodorant (PEQ2) :D you could've bought a better Aimpoint, mount or other accessories? I feel like you could've bought another AEG with all that money or at least a decent LPEG. Maybe some solid internal upgrades.

Not raggin on your work, I think it's great. Just some food for thought.