Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airsoft Muzzle Velocity discussion ("the 1 Joule Rule")

Discussion of Airsoft replicas that shoot BBs with more than 1 Joule of muzzle energy is not tolerated. While the 1 Joule limit is not a legal limit defined by UK law, it is legally considered that any Airsoft replica at this limit or below, cannot cause a penetrative injury to a person. This means that the law considers any replica shooting above this limit as either a grey area, or a weapon. As we want this sport / hobby to remain safe, discussions of power levels (or equipment that will enable a replica to exceed this power level) is not allowed.

We understand that in many countries, velocities of 400 feet per second and more are legal, but this is a British web site, with a British owner and we have set this limit for discussion as it helps to ensure that all members stay on the right side of British law.

My two 'armalites'. Both awaiting quite a few parts in the post. But this is how they are at the moment.

DSC01203.jpg

TM M4 S-System - solid stock and rear-wired for a bigger battery. Few other upgrades on the inside. A new flip-up rear sight is coming from Uncom atm, since my friend 'lost' it when he was using it at a skirmish :rolleyes:

DSC01204.jpg

SRC M4A1 - or was. Its seen a few extra parts, but apart from a tightbore, still stock on the inside.

DSC01205.jpg

They aren't much yet, but once I get a few things for them they might look a little more. Suggestions as to external upgrades are appreciated as you guys seem to have the nicest rifles.... :P

H&K

He never said that he was going to talk about FPS, just accuracy.

I know that, that's why I suggested to post in tech section cuz this is clearly a photo thread. I just merely suggested that if he does post accuracy results that he should follow the guidelines regarding FPS. So you are saying someone will use tightbores and post accuracy without BB weight, distance and FPS. That would be so useless. I can care less about his results. Just trying to keep posts where they belong.

Ah, that's one nifty magazine! But I'd still rather have the old VN style mags. which is a point, I swear I saw a box of STAR or MAG VN style mags, probably locaps. Do these actually exist, or was I just dreaming or something?

I'm going to have to have words with the guy who's currently hanging onto my M4 and get it back... Preferably before all my bits arrive from hong Kong, too :D

At The very least, i want to whack my silencer on it and see if I can shorten the barrel...

Ah, that's one nifty magazine! But I'd still rather have the old VN style mags. which is a point, I swear I saw a box of STAR or MAG VN style mags, probably locaps. Do these actually exist, or was I just dreaming or something?

I'm going to have to have words with the guy who's currently hanging onto my M4 and get it back... Preferably before all my bits arrive from hong Kong, too :D

At The very least, i want to whack my silencer on it and see if I can shorten the barrel...

the star 20rds ones do exist

http://www.starairsoft.com/product_detail.php?productid=120

also king arms makes box of 5 plastic 85rds VN mags nowhttp://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=910

but I'm more partial to the metal 85rds they make since those fit Guarder Bodies perfectly...