Armalite Picture Thread

I've searched for the answer many times but I can't find an answer: Why do people not have their mags in their pictures? That is for me the biggest killer for a picture, when the mag is missing, it's like if you look at a picture of a car and the wheels are missing...

ENLIGHTEN ME!!!!!

Because they don't want to. Or if they're hardcore milsim, because you should never have a mag in a weapon unless you intend to fire it.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, My M4 has been stripped, checked, and reassembled, so I've now got pictures of it! I set it up in a poor-mans M4SD Setup; I've got a two-piece outer barrel, so I took the front section off, popped the flashhider on the end of the section that was left, and attached a Classic Army QD Silencer to that. Froregrips went on, and the whole lot went back together. I slapped a scope on it as well, as I thought it looked a bit bare with nothing on the rail. The carry handle looked silly, as there was no front sight. Anyway, pics...

M4scope1.jpg

M4scope2.jpg

Nice, eh? Couple of pics without the scope now...

M41.jpg

M42.jpg

I quite like the short config, it looks rather tasty... But needs something to hold the foregrips on properly. The barrel in it is just the standard one; it stops a little bit short of the end of the silencer, and the whole thing is actually about the same length as a regular M4!

Most likely I'll have that sort of setup with my CASV rail, if it arrives in time for my next skirmish... Although it looks like it won't, it's been in the air between here and hong kong for the past four days, apparently o_O

EDIT - So, yeah, Bathroom pics with a phone camera. Apologies for the poor quality... I'll have to nab a decent camera when the CASV kit appears ^_^ Also, watch out for my reflection in the third pic - Seems I'm not quite as ninja as I'd have hoped ;)

Edited by MDK_Marshal
Because they don't want to.  Or if they're hardcore milsim, because you should never have a mag in a weapon unless you intend to fire it.

Yup! Or, to follow the aforementioned car analogy - keeping the mag in your weapon at all times is like keeping the keys in the ignition of your car. Even if you're just sitting at home in front of the TV... what for?

And if the mag was loaded, it's like keeping the engine running even when the car is in your garage... Not only it's pointless, it's also dangerous and just plain stupid :P

Right, My M4 has been stripped, checked, and reassembled, so I've now got pictures of it! I set it up in a poor-mans M4SD Setup; I've got a two-piece outer barrel, so I took the front section off, popped the flashhider on the end of the section that was left, and attached a Classic Army QD Silencer to that. Froregrips went on, and the whole lot went back together. I slapped a scope on it as well, as I thought it looked a bit bare with nothing on the rail. The carry handle looked silly, as there was no front sight. Anyway, pics...

Congrats on owning the world's most overengineered single-shot manual repeater ;)

Seriously though, where is the gas being tapped off the barrel in order to cycle the action automatically? (let's imagine as if it was a real firearm). The front sight post is actually a gas block and the beginning of the gun's gas tube, it would be a very nice touch to leave at least the bottom part of it on, or come up with a custom part of your own design...

Just my geeky five cents ;) Sweet little gun, though... I'm sooo seeing it as a sniper's backup/emergency weapon. I don't think the scope would be comfortable, though... my 7x50 sits higher than that and is still almost impossible to use with body armor, tac vest and k-pot on.

Congrats on owning the world's most overengineered single-shot manual repeater ;)

Seriously though, where is the gas being tapped off the barrel in order to cycle the action automatically? (let's imagine as if it was a real firearm). The front sight post is actually a gas block and the beginning of the gun's gas tube, it would be a very nice touch to leave at least the bottom part of it on, or come up with a custom part of your own design...

Just my geeky five cents ;) Sweet little gun, though... I'm sooo seeing it as a sniper's backup/emergency weapon. I don't think the scope would be comfortable, though... my 7x50 sits higher than that and is still almost impossible to use with body armor, tac vest and k-pot on.

Lol, I'm aware that it's not the most realistic little thing in the world, but meh :D

I'd have left the front sight on if I could have, but the bit it attaches to is, you guessed it, on the part of the barrel I removed! I've reassembled it to a 'normal' m4 now, so it's not really a problem ;)

I may well get my hands on a Flip up front sight and another outer barrel from RSOV, and go nuts; ultra-chopped foregrips with a vertical grip to hang onto? I'd tap that! :D

The cope is in no way usable; it does wit too low, and it can in fact only fit due to the fact that the foregrips aren't properley attached! :D However, as I said, it's just on there 'cause I thought it looked a bit bare with nothing on the rail :)

As for a sniper backup.. Well, as I said, it's the length of a 'regular' M4; it's bigger than it looks. Hardly a pistol armalite, unfortunately! I'd probably much rather take a Glock 18c with an extended mag as a sniper backup - it's a LOT smaller! :D

Just my geeky five cents ;) Sweet little gun, th

Looks good, but it reminds me of that fugly mossy oak stuff..

I think Crunchy is having an identity crisis guys..

Dear lord, next thing you know he'll be talking like that disgusting fat cable guy. :o

Ima gunna gets me a deer terday wuth mah AhR-15 Az-sullt gun ma!

Edit-

Why is the whole world out to get me? :(

Pffth, nobodys out to get you, you're just the new 101matt1. ;)

Edited by Yeager

Almost finished! Just need an LMT BUIS!

Navy SEALs CQBR (Mk18- like, but instead of VBSS, this is for SEALs!)

Parts list:

-A&K M4 CQB (Yea, a MPEG)

-Hurricane FTK M120s

-Guarder New Gen Metal M4A1 Body

-Guarder Improved Hop up

-G&P Wilcox Aimpoint Mount

-Aimpoint Replica

-Hero Arms PEQ box

-Surefire M951 (I have an ARMS mount for it too if I want to put that on

-G&P Dieter CQD Style Rear Buffer Sling Plate

-G&P 1pt Sling

All for less than $550!

mk18boltmt9.jpg

mk18tradesem8.jpg

Sorry for *suitcasey* cell phone pics!

Not even close to that shiny in real life!

Edited by Michael Ju
mmm... liking the look of that 416 stubby stock more and more...

It just doesn't look very comfortable...

Then again, this is coming from a guy who's 6 foot something, lol.

But it's strange, though...I can shoulder a TMP and a P90 just fine, but yeah, that looks a little too short...for my tastes, anyway.

-Vic

I am 6ft tall and it is great. With all my gear on it is perfect. Not as bulky as the A2 stock, and it is a perfect place for a battery. Sliding and crane stocks are to common, I wanted something different. Thanks for the compliments.