Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, was just trying to understand why it was made that way? Seem's pointless to add marks there if their not accessible with the way he has them mounted.

trfo2o: Good point. It's that way because it's made that way :P I don't even care whos right or wrong, I just want to know why it would be made that way if he does have it mounted right? Even with the BUIS flipped down the white marks are inaccessible with the way he has them mounted.

I mean what difference does it make if it flips backwards or forwards? That really doesnt affect anything, but it makes more sense to have it mounted the other way so you can actually USE the white marks which actually does affect something.

Edited by ghost_x3

Well first off for elevation and windage purposes on a real gun you always want your sight mounted the way it was designed, for obvious reasons. Airsoft guns replicate real firearms so obviously you'd want it the correct way as well- so he's not going to just turn the sight around.

Second, notice how the side facing forwards is angled downards? That is to interface with certain rail systems (CASV, KAC SIR). For this same reason you need the sight to fold to the rear, otherwise if you were using a rail system of that type, you couldn't fold it down.

And lastly for the marks, they designed it that way, it doesn't really make much of a difference realistically, with a carbine or even a full length M16 (talking real firearms here) you are not going to need to make minute adjustments on the fly to your sights (and even if you did you would just go by clicks), so really the only time you would be adjusting your rear sight would be when you've got the rifle sand bagged at a range zeroing the thing. Lifting your head and looking at the front of the sight isn't that big of a deal then.

Edited for paragraphs.

Edited by BARsrule2

No Trace 13.....I just noticed that you had a Noveske reciever :rolleyes: . If that is the G&P one (If it's the only company that makes an airsoft version?), how is it? I am planning to get one off Ehobby asap. Haven't heard much about its quality, hop up, etc. If you could please comment on it that would be great. Also does anybody know if it'll fit a G&G M4? Merci beacoup.

No Trace 13.....I just noticed that you had a Noveske reciever  :rolleyes: . If that is the G&P one (If it's the only company that makes an airsoft version?), how is it? I am planning to get one off Ehobby asap. Haven't heard much about its quality, hop up, etc. If you could please comment on it that would be great. Also does anybody know if it'll fit a G&G M4? Merci beacoup.

Edit: Scratch that.

Read what you posted too fast...

-Vic

Edited by Victory

Well first off for elevation and windage purposes on a real gun you always want your sight mounted the way it was designed, for obvious reasons. Airsoft guns replicate real firearms so obviously you'd want it the correct way as well- so he's not going to just turn the sight around.

so you're saying that by having the rear sight flipped the other direction with the markings facing the shooter you'd have a more sufficient sight?

I can't agree with that because all the top end quality rear flip up sights fold down like this < and not like this > do you know what i'm saying???

No we don't know what your saying. Can we all agree now that everything is gravy with his gun?? :P:D

For me, I just though it would make more sense to have the markings facing the shooter so that he could adjust the sights in the middle of a firefight if it is called for. I'm not sure if I understand totally, but BARs also said that if you had the markings FACING the shooter, it would interfere with the ris,ras, etc.

Yeah I understand what you mean by the BUIS flipping back towards the user, my ACTION BUIS flipped backwards too. When I looked at his BUIS, I made no reference to whether or not top of the line BUIS flipped which ever way, I purely based it how I thought it would function best with the markings facing the user so as to provide a faster way to adjust the sights. As BARs has already previously stated, he said that you wouldn't normally adjust the sights in the middle of a firefight (which I'm not too sure about), and also that they would adjust it by listening to the *clicks* opposed to looking at the markings for adjustment.

Edited by ghost_x3

Well as luck would have it I too also got my Noveske body from Ehobby, good quality as far as i can see, the only thing it that the body they have is for a full stock, if you are planning to use a crane stock you may have to make some modifications to the rear of the body ie cut the buffer tube down etc. Hop unit good old G&P, Im using mine with a Firerfly hop rubber and its all good.

The only down point is that the Body does not come with a charging handle or mag release catch or fire selector switch etc but i guess you know that already.

Lol i never thought me posting a couple of pics would cause a page worth of responses just about my BUIS's lol any how thats all sorted just hope you all like the gun.

I love the fact that anybody posting their gun in the middle of an argument gets totally ignored... ^_^

Anywhoo, no pictures from me at the moment, but It seems that my Package of parts from RSOV has FINALLY arrived, so If they have I'll do my utmost to put them together and show off my spanky new armalite :D

Anywhoo, no pictures from me at the moment, but It seems that my Package of parts from RSOV has FINALLY arrived, so If they have I'll do my utmost to put them together and show off my spanky new armalite :D

thats soo unfair, im still waiting for my CQB/R, i bet the delivery guys have just been waiting for an adaptor so they can charge it up and have a play.

I love the fact that anybody posting their gun in the middle of an argument gets totally ignored... ^_^

It wasn't an argument, it's called a debate. Plus, if your talking about BARs Armalite, he already posted it before.

No Trace:

I'm using an LE stock, so that'll fit yeah? Also, does anybody know if that hop up is any better or worse than the G&G M4 hop up units?

Im not a huge fan of fully painted AEG's but I really like the paint scheme of this one and I like the different color brown that you used. much different than the others.

Well done!!!

Agreed. A lot of fully painted rifles don't have much variation in their coloring. Souske's has a really nice balance.

so you're saying that by having the rear sight flipped the other direction with the markings facing the shooter you'd have a more sufficient sight?

I can't agree with that because all the top end quality rear flip up sights fold down like this < and not like this > do you know what i'm saying???

No, you're reading my post sorta backwards, the way I posted it is pretty retarded. I'm saying if you were using the real sight on a real AR15 you wouldn't ever flip the sight around (the way it WASN'T designed to be used) just so you could see the little white marks. You'd use it the way it was meant to, facing the correct direction.

Anyways, nice rifle Souske. You've inspired me to finish the paint job on my M4. I just need a decent medium brown color, damn you ACE Hardware! Why can't you ever stock my Krylon!

Edited by BARsrule2