Armalite Picture Thread

Render...

Can you move that site back one notch?

If you can, move it back, it will fit.

My real steel troy site doesnt fit unless its on the rearmost notch on my G&P upper reciever.  I believe the sites are designed that way.  They're supposed to be mounted back as far as possible, almost completly perpendicular and paralell with the charging handle.

Trust me, I've taken it on and off many times.  It is mounted as far back as it can be.  I'm just not going to use it atm, but thanks for the help everyone.

I've seen pics and it does seem like it should be back further, but that is simply the last notch on my guns receiver. That's one reason why I think it might be the receiver's fault a bit.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get a real Troy battle sight or a real ARMS #40.  Infact, I need a new rear sight aswell......

Lol, 70+ bucks for a BUIS on an airsoft gun is a bit much (usually).

Render, I have the Samurai #40 ARMS replica and I have no complaints. On certain receivers it wobbles a bit, shimming with electrical tape on the underneath solves it though. It's built well.

@ MERCILESSPIT

Nice pics, is that a clone/replica Aimpoint? If so mine is arriving soon as well :D

Looks good.

Render, I have the Samurai #40 ARMS replica and I have no complaints. On certain receivers it wobbles a bit, shimming with electrical tape on the underneath solves it though. It's built well.

Thanks for the suggestion. Who manufactures the receiver on which you mount it?

The problem is not with a CA receiver or any other receiver, it is the sight.

You can clearly see by comparing Renders side-on pic and the real steel pic below that the KA sight arm is much deeper and more bulbous, so preventing the sight arm from lying flat.

Render:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n221/res0290/IMG_1692.jpg

Troy:

http://www.troyind.com/shop/images/dateillowered01400.jpg

Edited by Tommygunn

Only from the point of view that the actual rail is higher than all other rails and of course real steel. That is why CA, from CQBR onwards, in their wisdom, decided to also mess up their current run of RAS and raise the top rail so that it is non real steel spec so that it matches their upper receiver rail.

The actual rail itself is fine, as far as airsoft goes. It is the sight which is at fault.

Edited by Tommygunn

I see the problem now. It's the upper body. When you study the rail just above the charging handle,the rail is supposed to end at some point it was wrong. It's hard to point without drawing on the pic, but someone will get the idea. G&P, Guarder, Hurricane, they are all different. If you look at Star and Systema PTW, they are similar to the real gun.

Solution, carve out the rail on the metal body that is preventing the sight from laying flat. The body's wrong hehehehehehe.

Scoob, you sure?

I've just been having a gander and comparing Hurricane to CA on WGC and they both have the same number of rail lands and grooves and the rear of the rail of each looks the same. Both have the rail 'edges' sliced away on the back 3/4 inch.

Edited by Tommygunn
Solution, carve out the rail on the metal body that is preventing the sight from laying flat. The body's wrong hehehehehehe.

Hells no :P

I'll just go BUIS-less until I get a new metal body.

edit

Honestly I can see where everyone is coming from. IMO it is not only the fault of KA or only the fault of CA. I think the BUIS's design is flawed and the receiver's design is flawed.

Edited by Render

Here's a pic of a CA on the left and G&P on the right and I can't see what difference there is apart very minor, unimportant details.

Any gentle, concaved curving belongs to the HK416 upper receiver, not the generic AR series.

CAGPreceiver.jpg

Edited by Tommygunn
@ MERCILESSPIT

Nice pics, is that a clone/replica Aimpoint?  If so mine is arriving soon as well :D

Looks good.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Who manufactures the receiver on which you mount it?

Actually, that's a real AP CompM2 4MOA that I bought off of a friend of mine that was tired of it and bought an Eotech. It's normally on my M&P 15 but I had to use it for these pics as I don't know when I'll get more. I wont tell you how cheap I got it for, you guys would hunt me down, LOL.

You have a point there... but CA's receivers are still pretty bad, you have to admit.

MERCILESSPIT- I like the simple look of your M16A4.

Thank you! I'm definitely trying to stay simple with any configuration I use