Armalite Picture Thread

That's an awesome setup! Especially the Troy rail (I'm presuming) and VLTOR gas block. All that's missing is a VLTOR modstock.

What length barrel is that?

I've got a couple airsoft modstocks but they're a bit long. However, this morning I just received my RS VLTOR E-Mod Stock which is longer than the standard Mod stock and should be able to accomodate a 9.6v 1700mah battery.

The barrel is a custom milled 12.5" barrel made to match the VLTOR M4K. :D

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, I thought it might be custom.

I just saw pics of the E-mod stock. That trap door is crazy. I guess you can never have enough batteries. lol

Lol... yeah... I'm more a fan of the basic Mod-Stock and the ClubFoot myself... but the fact that the RS E-Mod stock is long enough that it can probably fit a 9.6V 1700mah battery is very alluring. Plus you never posted detail pics of your mod-stock conversion... you see the extremes you drive me to Dave!?!! :lol:

-Alex

I knew I forgot something. :D

I suppose there are a number of ways to hold a battery pack in a modstock, but this is the method I chose. Here's the simple battery design I sent to CBP. You could also go with a 3x2x3 crane design to ease up on the wiring scrunching near the ends (though 16AWG seemed durable enough). I basically dremeled/grinded a column on the inner sides of the tubes as shown such that, when they were installed, the battery wouldn't be visible when viewing the bottom of the stock. This gives you a basic idea of the modding necessary on the stock (on both sides). The circular hole is for one stick to pass through to the other side, and the rectangular cutout is to correspond with the cutout on the G&P crane stock buffer tube for guiding the wires during stock retraction.

You could probably also use G&P crane stock batteries (without the plastic guide), but I think they were about 1cm or so longer than the stick of the above battery design, meaning you would have to grind away most of the material on the tube end caps (probably not a problem with E-mod stock). I've also heard of some people using SC cells in crane formation, and again it would require end cap material removal along with additional tube/stock material removal, possibly exposing the battery once installed.

I knew I forgot something. :D

*snip*

Dude... that's positively brilliant!!! Question (1.)... how do you deal with the back of the stock? Is it just open in the back in the buffer tube, and if so, can you see the wires and hollow buffer tube? (2.) Who did you go to, to get the batteries made and cost? (If I may ask).

1. The wires are visible through the hole in the back. Not really a big deal, but it's a good excuse to get a VLTOR rubber buttpad.

2. cheapbatterypacks.com , I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was somewhere around $28 shipped.

1. The wires are visible through the hole in the back. Not really a big deal, but it's a good excuse to get a VLTOR rubber buttpad.

2. cheapbatterypacks.com , I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was somewhere around $28 shipped.

So I just took a closer look at my VLTOR E-Mod Stock tonight. Looks like it will only work with a 9.6V 1500mah battery the same way that you have yours configured on your ModStock, Dave. I really don't think it'll hold my 9.6v 1700mah batteries as the optimum configuration is to have it setup like yours... a nunchuck, and my batteries are crane style. Anyway, one major benefit of having the battery setup the same way is that the E-Mod Stock comes with a rubber butt pad that covers up the end of the stock so you won't be able to see any wires. I'll be ordering about 4 or five of those 9.6v 1500mah batteries tomorrow. Thanks Dave!

-Alex

Finally got all the bits I want for my M4 CASV (well for now anyway)

10-07-07_1357.jpg

Sorry for the ###### pics I just took it with my phone before going to bella's house. Shes also been moding raping her M4. No doubt she'll post pics later.

Dboys M4 CASV

Magpul MIAD

ACM Magpul CTR stock

ACM Magpul Enhanced trigger guard

Guarder ACOG (red dot)

Surefire G2

Marui vertical grip

I'm thinking about kryloning the trigger guard and vert grip OD to match the rest of the gun but I'm happy with it like this for now.

Edited by evansy

Here's some pictures I took of my M-4 CQB/r (the pistol grip is the only deviation from the real steel version as far as I know) Enjoy!

The CA M4 CQB, My Night-Ops Gladius, and some miscellaneous gear

m4andgear.jpg

Close-up of the work (or sandpaper) I did on the reciever, it's overall a much more matte color than it used to be. I took fine grit sandpaper and gave it a light sanding on the entire reciever and RIS system, then took some rough grit and created some wear.

post-22334-1184169595_thumb.jpg

A super macro photo I took with my new camera =)

post-22334-1184169668_thumb.jpg

Closeup of the Eotech and Gladius

post-22334-1184169638_thumb.jpg

A photo of the power this crazy little light has (not to mention the strobe)

post-22334-1184170366_thumb.jpg

Looking through the Eotech (one of the most clear photos of the 65 MOA ring and 1 MOA dot I've ever seen)

post-22334-1184169656_thumb.jpg

Leave comments, I'd like to know what everyone thinks of it!

EDIT: Oh and btw, yes my double mag clamp is made from zip ties and a small block of wood. It works great tho, 10x as durable as those metal ones.

Edited by shomie911

Evansy, from your first photo i thought your casv was tan, like mine, but in the second lots it OD. I nearly made mine in OD too.

11072007.jpg

Updates from the last picture, is rear site, Heotech, rear sling loop and vert grip.

Edited by msx361

it's a test buy actually ;) , i've just sold my WGC custom M16/M203 & some other guns to test out some Chimans.

the problem is a piece of the upper rear, which keeps the two halves together, has broken off. i fixed it with a cardboard piece, but another solution will be discovered in the next few days (i hope ;) )