Armalite Picture Thread

Dave, just ordered 4 of those 9.6V 1500mah batteries for my VLTOR stocks. should get 'em soon... and then the modding begins! Question: Have you ever considered getting the cap off the end of a buffer tube and epoxying or using tiny little headless grub/hex screws to hold it in place on the end of the VLTOR stock? That way, when the stock is on the gun, you will never see the screws inside. I'm going to try this on one of my regular VLTOR stocks as I'm not a huge fan of the big rubber pads for the basic and clubfoot stocks.

-Alex

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the ego stroking on the M4Z1 :P It should look even better when I get all the bits I want for it, the main ones being M910 and eotech clones :D

Evansy, from your first photo i thought your casv was tan, like mine, but in the second lots it OD. I nearly made mine in OD too.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/msx...es/11072007.jpg

Updates from the last picture, is rear site, Heotech, rear sling loop and vert grip.

Thats a nice casv you've got there The tan looks good and I'm liking the flip up front sight. I'm not too sure if I want one for mine or not. I am getting another casv so I might get a flip up to go with that, I'm still undecided.

I dont suppose you have a standard M4 do you that you could put your eotech and flip up rear sight on. I'm wondering if it would overlap at all with them both fitted so I'll know what size would be best to get for my M4Z1.

You guys will want to ban me for this but ...

http://users.skynet.be/bk226237/spr1.JPG

Dboys SPR

If that shoots half as good as it looks you should have a decent gun there.

Dont worry about it being a clone gun, My casv on the last page is a Dboys :)

That sucks about braking the reciver tab tho. Have you thort of putting a metal body on it? The clone ones are pretty cheap if they have a design you like altho after fitting my G&P body its hard not to recomend those too, It went on like a dream.

Dave, just ordered 4 of those 9.6V 1500mah batteries for my VLTOR stocks.  should get 'em soon... and then the modding begins!  Question:  Have you ever considered getting the cap off the end of a buffer tube and epoxying or using tiny little headless grub/hex screws to hold it in place on the end of the VLTOR stock?  That way, when the stock is on the gun, you will never see the screws inside.  I'm going to try this on one of my regular VLTOR stocks as I'm not a huge fan of the big rubber pads for the basic and clubfoot stocks.

-Alex

No, because I used a VLTOR buttpad for mine. :P However, I did find the buttpad's rubber to be a bit much on the gription and would've probably done the same thing if I had that end cap lying around.

Or does he actually mean SIR, like this:

SIR_1.jpg

Sorry if its already been posted in this thread (not sure where exactly I posted it before).

I'd rather they didn't release an SIR version, since I like the fact that mine is almost unique. On the other hand, it will always be unique since I bought the wrong sites and then modified to make them fit.

But regarding that DBoys SPR, whats the bipod like? I believe RSOV carry the same bipod as an upgrade part and I could do with one for my SIR. I'd get a decent brand one like the rest of the rifle, but I can't afford that right about now.

Nah, its just a regular ol' 3-9x50. Which is too small for the mounts in the middle and too big for them at the front. Blooming typical.

Oh, and its got a sun shield on it which makes it look bigger. An essential scope accessory, since it reduces the chance of getting it shot out, reduces reflection and reduces lens flare.

I prefer a larger scope because you get a clearer image, which is better for spotting, which is what it gets used for. If I can scrape together the money I'll sell it onto my friend who is interested and replace it with a 3-9x40 on the same mounts, which should be more manageable.

And yes, I've put far more thought into that rifle than is actually healthy.

The way you've mounted your aimpoint; rotated 45 degrees to the left. Just wondering why. Although I suppose it would mean the horizontal adjustment dial was placed horizontal and the vertical adjustment dial vertical.

Edited by Grumman

Thank god you've taken the vert grip and bipod off there

I'd rather they didn't release an SIR version, since I like the fact that mine is almost unique.

Dont look at the pics of the box for the SPR then, They've got a SIR version coming out soon.

The way you've mounted your aimpoint; rotated 45 degrees to the left. Just wondering why. Although I suppose it would mean the horizontal adjustment dial was placed horizontal and the vertical adjustment dial vertical.

Its so I can adjust it with my left hand without reaching across the gun, The adjustment dials are in the wrong places for there markings but the one on the side does left and right and the top one does up and down.