Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and simple, I like it.

Pictures of my m4 to come soon, once I dig out my CompactFlash reader so I can get the pics onto my PC... and uploaded to 'tinterwebs...

EDIT - Got it, pics to follow shortly...

Edited by MDK_Marshal

Well, this post will take about a year to type (;)) but them's the breaks... Just hope it all work properly when I'm done! :D

As promised, here's a load of pics of my M4 in its current state... Click the thumbnails to go to the full image...

Here's the M4 and associated mag pile... those are 2 mags deep, making a total of 12 mags. 5 MAG Midcaps, 4 unknown brand HK416 Midcaps (the ones from RSOV.com...), 2 DBoys 416 Hicaps (Again, RSOV.. :D), and a G&P midcap. The pistol is the Shiny sig from Airsoftscotland.

th_DCP_1022.jpg

Better shot of the Mag Pile, you've got the DBoys Hicaps at the bottom of the image, with the 416 midcaps above them. You can also see the half-finished stippling on the pistol grip...

th_DCP_1023.jpg

General shot of the gun... I know, no bolt catch, bad finish on the charging handle, no teeny receiver pin, and seam lines on the stock. I never said the gun was perfect ;)

th_DCP_1024.jpg

A nice wee pic showing the CASV set, silencer, and assorted other stuff...

th_DCP_1025.jpg

Another Generic Pic... Nicely done IMHO - or at least it is for my photography skills ;)

th_DCP_1026.jpg

Close-up (ish) of one of the 416 midcaps. Nice and strong, feed well, and rather tasty trademarks. What's not to like?

th_DCP_1040.jpg

shot of the gun facing the sky. This shot was a pain to do, had to balance the gun on the stock and tie as low as possible... <_<

th_DCP_1041.jpg

More pics to follow in another post, I have 11 pics and the limit is 10.. Damnit >_< Bear with me here...

And here are the rest of the pictures :D

How the silencer attaches inside the CASV... There's a Marui flashhider under there.

th_DCP_1042.jpg

Random shot of how it looks sans-silencer... not all that great, realy ;)

th_DCP_1043.jpg

Upper receiver removed, showing the main component parts.... Just a general interest shot, really. note the lovely shiny Prometheus barrel there :D

th_DCP_1044.jpg

Quick shot of the gearbox and hop unit sitting next to it. Just in case you were wondering what that sort of thing looked like ;)

th_DCP_1045.jpg

To answer an inevitable question, no, the paint does NOT look that color in person. It's much darker than in the pics, much closer to an olive drab than it appears to be. Sunlight + lack of knowledge with camera + lack of knowledge in Gimpshop = bad colours ;)

Any questions about it? I think I went over what was in it last time I posted pics, so I can dig the (now amended) list out if anybody's interested...

Pah :P

I had it black but wanted a splash of colour on it. And as I said, it looks a lot darker in person, it's just a trick of the light (and the fact that I can't adjust levels for tofee in gimpshop) that it looks so light.

The people i'm seeing with a "full length" M4 RAS... is that just an m16 RAS with M4 length inner and outer barrels, and the gas block/front sight moved forward?

not at all.

The m4 barrel is 14.5" long. The M16 forgrip is 16" long. If you had a freefloating RAS (which is the only that would work if you removed the gas block) it would cover the end of the barrel. I have a 10" troy ras. King Arms makes a replica of it. They also make a 13" Free float and a 12.5" MRF Front end. They are all upwards of $150 in HK. Hope this helps.

BREAKING NEWS: G-Man Cavorts With RIS Scandal!

DBoys BI-5281

Guns015-1.jpg

Barrel is short though, and cannot be extended. 419mm, here pictured with a 509mm M15 barrel.

Guns-1.jpg

Oh, and a pose pic of my new loadout for the CQB Zombie Killer...

DSCF0944.jpg

Edited by GuzziHero
BREAKING NEWS: G-Man Cavorts With RIS Scandal!

DBoys BI-5281

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Guzz...o/Guns015-1.jpg

Barrel is short though, and cannot be extended.  419mm, here pictured with a 509mm M15 barrel.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/GuzziHero/Guns-1.jpg

Oh, and a pose pic of my new loadout for the CQB Zombie Killer...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/GuzziHero/DSCF0944.jpg

How come the barrel cant be extended? The gun looks like it should be able to handle a big 'un.

While i'm at it, might as well ask... (this seriously doesn't need a new thread)

Is a CQBR just an M4 with the outer barrel chopped down to the handgaurd?

CQBR stands for Close Quarters Battle Rifle and they are basically shortened M4's most have ris foregrips either free float or standard and a Crane stock to hold the battery.