Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any one uses this stock would you mind telling me how it is? I want a crane stock but I don't need one to hold a battery.

I've got one sitting in my parts bin. :P

I bought it a long time ago, with the idea that I could somehow build a custom battery pack into it, which I was successful in doing, but it didn't end up looking quite right. I've since switched to lipo batteries, so it's a whole new ballgame.

I prefer the G&P stubby stocks myself, but have a mix of full stocks, stubby stocks, LE stocks, and a magpul CTR. That stock is a little cheap on the finish side, in that it looks more plasticky than other brands, but honestly, for the price?

If you REALLY want one, I could probably sell you the one gathering dust in my parts pile cheap.

Cheers.

Its some kind of metal I think, Im not exactly sure but it wont come off. I dont care too much about trades and it isnt screamingly obvious so Im good. I'll replace it with a M16A4 body, I plan on turning it into a full fledged M16A4, so Im not too bummed. Im really happy with it, except with the bucking which I got rpelaced today. I was surprised at AEX because I was expecting 350-350 fps and it got clocked at around 410! Great gun!

Its some kind of metal I think, Im not exactly sure but it wont come off. I dont care too much about trades and it isnt screamingly obvious so Im good. I'll replace it with a M16A4 body, I plan on turning it into a full fledged M16A4, so Im not too bummed. Im really happy with it, except with the bucking which I got rpelaced today. I was surprised at AEX because I was expecting 350-350 fps and it got clocked at around 410! Great gun!

I bought a metal huricane body from WGC and it had something similar on the trades. The stuff on mine looked exactly the same and it was a little hard to get off but i was about to pull it off. It was like Grip tape for a skateboard.

I recognize that material myself, from a G&P lower receiver I got. It's NOT 'grip tape'. It's actually just a piece of plastic, that they've epoxied onto the body. If you pull it off, it's going to take the finish with it. I used a heat gun on mine to remove it, but the finish till came off. The best thing would be to try and find a solvent to dissolve the epoxy/glue, but that would probably damage the finish as well.

The good news, is that because it's the got the Colt trades, which are molded into the body casting, instead of being just laser-etched into the finish, you *could* just bead-blast the lower if the finish is damaged taking the squares off, and then have it re-adonized or gun koted.

Im just gonna leave it there. Like I said Im replacing the body anyway and it really doesnt bother me. It would bother me if the FN trades are covered up though <_< I could just ask wgc to cover the trades with tape or find a retailer inside the US that has it. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Thanks for the advice though!

Oh, hey, if you end up selling your old body, drop me a line! LOL

Ok, so when I replace it you'll get first dibs on the body. Just a word of caution though, it wont be for a couple months.

Has anyone else ordered just a metal body from WGC cuz right now I have 2 conflicting reports? :blink:

Edited by 5 to 1
Ok, so when I replace it you'll get first dibs on the body. Just a word of caution though, it wont be for a couple months.

Has anyone else ordered just a metal body from WGc cuz right now I have 2 confliscting reports? :blink:

Before sending money, it's always best to check with the online store how they deal with trades when it comes to parts. Some don't care so long as the part isn't installed and only cover them when they're attached to the gun itself, and some will cover the trades regardless just to cover all possibilities.

Nice,

I've been wondering about those. When you take the flash hider dodah off them is it a shorty outer barrel that they have?

With the battery have you thort of using a female deans and sitting it flush into the spacer? I've seen it on another gun on here and it looked pretty good.

Nice,

I've been wondering about those. When you take the flash hider dodah off them is it a shorty outer barrel that they have?

The flash hider is like glued on. I can't get it off, and I'm not sure which way it goes (CCW or CW). But in looking down it, it appears to be shorter than a normal M4 barrel, but doesn't look quite short enough to fit a CQBR.

With the battery have you thort of using a female deans and sitting it flush into the spacer? I've seen it on another gun on here and it looked pretty good.

Huh? What's a female deans? Spacer?