Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted an earlier iteration of this gun in the acquisitions thread awhile back. Now it's just about done:

mini-IMG_1459.jpg

mini-IMG_1462.jpg

Sun Projects SP16A1/M653 - Model1 handguards, Hogue overmolded pistol grip, G&P LE stock. Internally it's had the works done to it and it's finally ready to be fielded (been putzing with it on and off since May).

Edited by Wupjak
To all armalite experts:

I was wondering if ZEKE be the only one that makes metal body for S-System(Marui or A&K). I just tried installing a G&P metal body and realised it doesnt fit...even the marui.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Right now the ZEKE body is the only standalone body for the S System, but you can buy a (Guarder?) adapter for $30 on redwolf/WGC so that any M16/M4 metal body will work. So yes, if you buy the $30 adapter your new G&P body will work on your S system.

Good Luck

Heres my custom M4 which started life as a baby CA M15 Tac Carbine.

List of mods:

6.03 madbull tightbore

Spring shimmed to fire at 300fps

New Guarder hop bucking

9.6v 4300 Sanyo

Cosmetic mods:

HurricanE Bushmaster body

Boomarms CASV

Guarder Acog Red dot (cross hair style)

G&P flip up rear sight.

Couple of pics, quite large I'm afraid:

Side view

side1.jpg

Rear view

rearangle.jpg

Front view

side2.jpg

Receiver detail - I am aware its on semi before some smart *albartroth* points it out :P

receiverdetail2.jpg

I know its not much, there are still a couple more things I need to do. I need a trigger guard - I couldn't get my old one out of the CA body, so Im in the process of ordering a new one. Also I need a new rear stock - either a crane to hold the battery, or a magpull replica and a PEQ of sorts. Its not much but its my baby :rolleyes::)

Right now the ZEKE body is the only standalone body for the S System, but you can buy a (Guarder?) adapter for $30 on redwolf/WGC so that any M16/M4 metal body will work.  So yes, if you buy the $30 adapter your new G&P body will work on your S system.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info dude, However i tried searching the adaptor on WGC but just coudnt find it. Do you have a link? Thanks

Maj. Pain you definetly hold the record for best MK.18 around here....Just when I thought my custom TM SOC16 was cool....

EDIT: you didn't buy that limited king arms LMT rear sight did you? or is that the real deal? I saw the king arms one that had the LMT trademarks for $112 or something like that and the real thing is only a few dollars more...unbelievable.

Edited by trfo2o
Maj. Pain you definetly hold the record for best MK.18 around here....Just when I thought my custom TM SOC16 was cool....

EDIT: you didn't buy that limited king arms LMT rear sight did you? or is that the real deal? I saw the king arms one that had the LMT trademarks for $112 or something like that and the real thing is only a few dollars more...unbelievable.

thanks trfo2o,

yes i used the LMT BUIS. yeah, i saw the kingarms LMT replica with markings too. man, the price is ridiculous. just add 7 bucks and you'll get the real one.