Armalite Picture Thread

On another note, 5-2-1, that 203 makes the gun look severely 'toyish'. Nice gun, but to coin your colloquialism: 'why all the paint'?

As for the toyish look, I think its because of the fresh paint and it will look a lot better after a couple of uses when it starts to get worn. As for all the paint, this AEG is for my Recon kit and it looks better considering everything else is comao'd including my face instead of carrying an entirely black rifle. So I'll comeback in a couple weeks with pics of it worn and with all of my gear.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I got good answers last time, might as well ask this here too.

for Xmas I got 250 bucks, which I intend to spend on a bunch of stuff for airsoft, the main item being a CASV for my KWA M4.

My question is whether it's really worth the extra 110 dollars for the KA one.

I know the Dboys isn't as accurate, but trades don't bother me... is there any functional difference between the two?

What I'm really worried about is flex. I want my gun to be as solid as possible.

mine so far, still needs work.

question, what iron sights should i use on the gas block?

So far all i have done with the stock TM M4A1 is

G&P Blackwater metal body

G&P SR25 URX front end

6.03 inner barrel

due to christmas shopping for the family and my girlfriend i have not been able to get the rest of the stuff i so desperatly need to get it running.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

mine so far, still needs work.

question, what iron sights should i use on the gas block?

The KAC type SR-25 gasblock folding front sight has several airsoft replicas like these

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=3461

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=2665

Edited by srpg
Souske: Did you (gasp) paint your Aimpoint replica, or am I just daft and haven't noticed it for forever?

("daft"...too much CoD4 SP)

Haha, it's the first time I painted this particular AP. My old NC star's been painted numerous times.

And as for "Daft," I had to think about it before it made sense. Are you referring to "All ghillied up?"

You know souske i felt happy with my M4's paintjob till just now.

Oh my aimpoint replica i got for chirstmas has a habit of losing its zero by just a few clicks any way to hold the screws in place?

Don't feel bad, I'm never entirely happy with my paint jobs either...which is why I always end up coming up with something new.

If you got your AP from Ebay (and it's not a G&P), then it's been known the AP's have had varying QC issues. My particular AP doesn't have that issue, so I can't help you there.

I'd hit that

Haha, thanks!

cimg0200qd3.jpg

STAR RAS2-L. If you;re wondering about the grip, its a KA G27. The curvature of the grip doesn;t match the reciver, and had to be cut off.

I want o get some tan furniture. That means tan G&P Tangodown Battle Grip, Tan rail Covers, Tan mags, and if I can find a place that sells it, a real deal tan CRANE stock. Or maybey a VLTOR modstock. Any idea if a real deal modstock hold airsoft batteries? (reason being, the STAR buffer tube can only take real stocks. It's to wide for airsoft stocks, and I can;t swap buffer tubes to an airsoft compatible one.)

Edited by Massumma

Because airsoft buffer tubes are bolted to the receiver.

Real buffer tubes thread into the actual receiver.

Massa, vltor modstocks both the e-mod and the older style can fit airsoft batteries after modification. Do a search and the thread may come up. Someone may be able to provide direct links.

If you search through DaveDawgz's (i think thats his name) you will find what you're looking for.

I thought Guarder's newer CNC M4 stock tube was mil-spec?

I believe they are, at least I hope so because I have an EMOD VLtor and I was going to get that Guarder stock tube to attach it on my marui... Can someone clear this up? If they are for real stocks then they must be either to Comercial or Milspec standards... Which one is it? SOmeone please clear this up? :(

No, STAR is. That why I need a real Vlotor Modstock. Its also why none of the numerous threaded buffer tubes I have don;t fit. Quite simply, they are all to small.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, they are too small because they are NOT mil-spec. Mil-spec tubes are a bit smaller than those that are not. The STAR M4's that I've worked on all required a non mil-spec buffer tube (I used an RRA tube). I believe VLTOR should be able to give you a receiver extension that is not mil-spec...again, they are larger than mil-spec tubes.

Keep in mind that real buffer tubes and carbine stocks comes in two very different sizes. You have to ask the airsoft retailer which to use. The Guarder tubes that I used did indeed fit real carbine stocks, but those that are NOT mil-spec.

Sorry for the re-edit, I'm not sure if the newer Guarder tubes are commercial or mil-spec. The ones that I worked on, maybe a year or two ago (possibly an older version), were commercial and could not fit mil-spec carbine stocks.

Edited by BaBaBooey
Sorry if I wasn't clear, they are too small because they are NOT mil-spec. Mil-spec tubes are a bit smaller than those that are not. The STAR M4's that I've worked on all required a non mil-spec buffer tube (I used an RRA tube). I believe VLTOR should be able to give you a receiver extension that is not mil-spec...again, they are larger than mil-spec tubes.

Keep in mind that real buffer tubes and carbine stocks comes in two very different sizes. You have to ask the airsoft retailer which to use. The Guarder tubes that I used did indeed fit real carbine stocks, but those that are NOT mil-spec.

Sorry for the re-edit, I'm not sure if the newer Guarder tubes are commercial or mil-spec. The ones that I worked on, maybe a year or two ago (possibly an older version), were commercial and could not fit mil-spec carbine stocks.

Bloody Hell! <_< I am placing the order tomorrow, and seeing as I cannot return a Milspec Vltor stock that is sitting right next to me I am in a bit of a dilemma! Do you know of any airsoft stock tubes that will fit real steel milspec dimensioned stocks? I would go the real-deal route, but considering it is about $80 dollars more expensive, requires lots of presice cutting, and an adaptor that requires fitting to fit a stock Marui Plastic body, All while I don't own, nor have the budget for a dremel or other rotary tool... I think a bolt on replica would be considerably easier... Will a king arms buffer tube work? I sent WGC an Email about this too...

GAH!!! Someone please help!