Armalite Picture Thread

@ triggerhappyNL :

It's an M16-A1 upper receiver by G&P use for the M733 version of the AR15.

WGC sell the upper and lower for 140 US$. But I don't know if you can buy just the upper.

Regards

Matthew

@ w00k1e : thank's mate ;)

Edited by skyflash
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyflash:

How come you chose the M16a1 reciever for your car15 variant? You have a new flash hider, the modern pistol grip and (I think) the larger M4 foregrip, seems like an interesting combination?

It looks fantastic though, it's been my favourite M733 style weapon I've seen in a long time ever since you first posted it :)

I swear Render. Once I get my HK416 I will be taking lots of pics just to fight back you showing off that beauty.

I do have one question, should I put an aimpoint on it? and what type of mount should I use? cantilever or the standard L-mount?

lol, thanks. Lately I haven't really liked the look of Aimpoints at all—just been obsessed with EOTechs and my buddy's dad co-owns a gun shop sooo fingers crossed—but if you do get one I think cantilevers look much better, especially for more modern rifles.

Too bad about that KA body man, I was thinking about getting the LMT mbk in the future...

If its going on something with a TM/CA/G&P cocking handle and dust cover you can probably cannibalise the innards from that and get rid of the *suitcasey* bolt catch mech KA use and it would go on alot better.

I'll scan the parts diagram (yes the KA body comes with a parts diagram) and give an explanation of how I think it could be done if anyones interested.

it started life as a brand new tm m16 that broke into 2 pieces first day i used it :angry:

Image008-1.jpg

Image007-1.jpg

Image006-1.jpg

Image005-2.jpg

sorry about the quality, i dont have a good camera so i have to use my phone :)

only thing that is origanal is the stock handgrip and gearbox

Personally I'd have bought a flash hider as you appear to be missing one, and would've got a shorter front end rather than a sliding stock to go with an M16 front end.

I actually have one, I just take it off for pictures because the orange throws me of a little...

For a DM role I don't think that having a shorter stock would hurt because:

1) It saves space and weight making it easier to manuever

2) Allows the user to be more comfortable and therefore a more effective weapon on the skirmish field

I guess when it comes down to it, it's all up to one's opinion. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

But if you get a short stock, your going to have to get a PEQ or battery bag, and get different batteries or rewired for the PEQ. Plus it would look really ugly. Also, paint your flashhider, take that RIS rail off the bottom, and get a new scope. I dont think that I'm being too picky right now, cause in my opinion your gun looks pretty ugly with what you have going on. Little scope, all bare on the front, heavy in the back, VN mags, its just weird. Good luck though.

I actually have one, I just take it off for pictures because the orange throws me of a little...

For a DM role I don't think that having a shorter stock would hurt because:

1) It saves space and weight making it easier to manuever

2) Allows the user to be more comfortable and therefore a more effective weapon on the skirmish field

I guess when it comes down to it, it's all up to one's opinion. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I agree. Something collapsible would definitely be better. I'd recommend a CRANE stock, though. Better cheek weld for aiming down the scope, and its commonly mounted on the SEAL Recon Rifle.

But if you get a short stock, your going to have to get a PEQ or battery bag, and get different batteries or rewired for the PEQ. Plus it would look really ugly. Also, paint your flashhider, take that RIS rail off the bottom, and get a new scope. I dont think that I'm being too picky right now, cause in my opinion your gun looks pretty ugly with what you have going on. Little scope, all bare on the front, heavy in the back, VN mags, its just weird. Good luck though.

lol I know it's ugly, but I have a battery bag, it's illegal to paint my flashhider, and I no longer have the RIS rail.

Why would I need to get a new scope?

Thanks for the advice.

Massumma: Thanks for your hints as well.

If its going on something with a TM/CA/G&P cocking handle and dust cover you can probably cannibalise the innards from that and get rid of the *suitcasey* bolt catch mech KA use and it would go on alot better.

I'll scan the parts diagram (yes the KA body comes with a parts diagram) and give an explanation of how I think it could be done if anyones interested.

I'm interested; if only to see how different it is from VFC's receivers.

I just test fitted the VFC M4 Colt body I got in the mail, took me quite some time to figure out their way of doing the bolt catch thing (the crappy instruction sheet neglected to mention or show a very important part when assembling the bolt catch mechanism, without it the bolt catch does not function). I managed to slice my self on the finger due to the sharp edge of the fake bolt. I guess the receiver needed a blood sacrifice to work properly. :rolleyes:

That and it requires a Marui gearbox (or exact clone of Marui), could not use CA or Systema because those "reinforced" gear boxes don't have a recessed screw hole for the bolt catch mechanism to fit; and Even with a Marui gearbox you are required to grind off a part of the top in order to fit and have quick detach. But KA advertise theirs as being Systema compatible......

The VFC did came with the charging handle, dustcover, and fake bolt pre-assembled on the upper receiver, but due to transit the fake bolt has fallen off, which was one of reasons that took me a while to figure out how this receiver is installed.

I will say that the VFC body has absolutely the best finish I've ever seen for an airsoft M16/M4 receiver, better than G&P, Guarder New Gen, and Hurricane. The only I problem I have with the external is the dustcover being larger than real steel, a problem not present on G&P/Guarder/KA bodies.

and two pics, notice I already scratched up the anodized finish due to numerous installation attempts....

IMG_1074copy.jpg

IMG_1075copy.jpg

Edited by srpg
I'd go for something like this, personally:

*Snip*

Not the best MS Paint drawing ever, but you get the point.

Either that, or get a MadBull long rifle kit. Either the rifle version of the Patriot, or any of the JP series.

-Vic

Thanks for all the advice, Victory. That looks pretty nice now that I can see it :D

EDIT: Just found this piece on ASGI...

180x129_RB%20A487%201.jpg

Cheek rest for a regular LE stock

Edited by Kush88

Once i arrive back at university and grab all the ###### I've bought over the holiday, I'll grab some pictures of my M4's.

Still pondering what to do with them, to be honest. The main one may end up with the CASV front, normal outer barrel (No sights on it, though), solid stock, and either no optics or an eotech. It'll be running a high-speed setup, too, mainly because I can do so :D

'tother one will likely be a standard M4 with a CRT stock on it. Might slap my aimpoint on it for optics, but depends on if it looks alright.

What do people think I should do? Bearing in mind I'm not a huge fan of PEQ boxes or Crane stocks...