Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you guys will be the best peeps to ask this, I'm looking into getting an SR25, This One to Be Precise.

Anyhow, I've read something (somewhere) that mentioned SR25's have different dimensions to regular Armalites? How does this effect the gearbox, i.e. can I use a regular M16 aftermarket gearbox & regular aftermarket gearbox internals, or does the SR25 have specific internals much like the PSG-1?

On a similar note, does it use the same kind of Hop unit as a regular M16? (main reason I ask is that my G&P M16 has an *awful* hop unit, shortly to be replaced...)

Any insight would be muchly appreciated :)

:geek:

I know that the G&P SR25, and ONLY the G&P one, uses a different long gearbox. nothing like a PSG-1 though. I'm pretty sure you're SOL on aftermarket parts besides the G&P Specific SR-25 ones. I wouldn't trust any spring over 400fps with it but since you're in the UK, 328 is the max anyway? I'm pretty sure the Hop Up unit is the same as a regular m16. The hop up bucking should be replaced because mine tore really fast and i never had a jam.

EDIT: nice counter-sniper Hammer. what type of bipod is that? i've never seen it before. the m16 with m203 looks really weird though, is that the battery in the foregrip?

Edited by 1cem4n

Bi-pods a TDI, its a real steel part and its a top bit of kit. The legs extend and are adjustable too. I bought that a few years ago, and its indestructable.

Thats the standard handguard for the M16 with a 203 on it. Battery is in the stock. The M4 has the battery under the front handguard. The SR16 also has the battery in the stock.

check out my SPR

I did, that's what rejuvenated my interest in the SR25 :)

G&P Sr25 Doesnt Come standard with the Long gearbox

It takes a Standard v2 box with an Extentend Nozzle

Ah, I see... Thanks for that. Nevertheless, I'd lose the capacity to mag share with other people on the same team as myself :(

I know that the G&P SR25, and ONLY the G&P one, uses a different long gearbox.  nothing like a PSG-1 though.  I'm pretty sure you're SOL on aftermarket parts besides the G&P Specific SR-25 ones.  I wouldn't trust any spring over 400fps with it but since you're in the UK, 328 is the max anyway?  I'm pretty sure the Hop Up unit is the same as a regular m16.  The hop up bucking should be replaced because mine tore really fast and i never had a jam.

Well, on the FPS front, some sites allow >328 for permanently semi-only Sniper Rifles, and an SR-25 is about the only "Sniper Rifle" I could want, so it makes sense to take advantage :)

In hindsight, I'm probably better off going for something like This Receiver Kit and This Front Assembly, that way I can ensure the internals are easily replaceable, as well as retaining mag compatability with other 'softers ^_^ (as well as for the SR25 style mags, I can just use VN mags :P)

Besides, I could start with, say a TM M4A1 and build it from that, an ongoing project of sorts :) (and TM make *very* good hop units :))

Edited by BoB SoiL

lol, thanks. it's a good all around gun. i was actually going to buy an sr-25 from G&P but it was out of stock, The G&G guns are a big no-no, and i don't want to install everything.

i know for sure that the s-system has the newest hop up design from TM but i'm not sure if the m4a1 new type does.

POST PICTURES when you're done.

i know for sure that the s-system has the newest hop up design from TM but i'm not sure if the m4a1 new type does.

POST PICTURES when you're done.

TM have released a 2006 version of the M4A1, this has basicaly brought it in line with all the newer Armalite variants, i.e. 1 piece hop unit etc :) w00t! ^_^

And I intend to post piccies, matter of fact I'm looking at digicams at the moment so I can post pics of my respectable collection :P

Hey guys, I know this is in slightly the wrong section...

BUT!

What are the RIS options for a fullsize CAm15A4?

I looked around and saw very little...

Any recommendations/need to know stuff?

I take it you mean the M15A4 Rifle, i.e. the CA version of the M16?

I'm not normally a fan of RIS on M16's, but I'll help out :P

Looking for M16 accessories will probably be the best start, seeing as not many retailers (AFAIK) add descriptions to their products that relate to CA's numbering of M15xx. Here's a couple of suggestions;

Classic Army RIS System for M16

Mosquito M16 RIS

Hope that helps ;)

AFAIK (if someone knows I'm wrong, don't hesitate to speak up)...

All M4's have the same length foregrip, irrespective of barrel length (e.g. M4A1's and CQBR's have the same length foregrip)...

Similarly, all M16's have the same length foregrip :)

So, on that front, it should be the same size, OTOH, there may be some slight fitting issues (as there can be with any aftermarket parts), in general it's best to assume some minor filing may be required to get a snug fit :)

Bababooey, can you take better pictures of the trademarks on your MRP?

Im assuming that is a custom made lower because from what i could see, which is very little mind you, was colt trades.

Btw, you arent lemongelo under a different alias are you? :)