Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cqbrs have 10.5 inches barrels, not 11.5 like yours

:)

This gun was made around early 2002, and I made it when the Seals first started using the CQBR's in Afghanistan. I was doing an impression and back then a lot of their CQBR's were custom made, basically a modified chopped down barrel and most of them had 11.5 inches, or a little bit longer or shorter. Now-a-days shorter barrels are more available and not many people have to modify their barrels anymore. I love my gun.

Edited by hawk16

DSC01275.JPG

Updated with HK416 sights (got rid of the SR25 frontsight and BUIS) and CA VN mag

DSC01277.JPG

Finally got my G&P TA31(A). I had the NSN before, but it didn't really match the USMC loadout. I still might get a an/peq2 box to finish it off.

Edited by tomster

So, based on what was said up there *points*, am I right in assuming that a 10.5 inch outer barrel will result in a CQBR length front-end?

Only reason I ask is that I'll shortly be acquiring an M4A1 of some description with the intention of it being a project gun, and I noticed that the KA CASV Handguard sets are available with a 10.5 inch outer barrel :)

(and the CASV sets cost as much as the G&P CQBR front assembly, and look somewhat different, which is a bonus ^_^)

++EDIT++

Just noticed PROUD makes CASV kits as well, are either the PROUD or KA significantly better than the other? :huh:

Cheers :)

:geek:

Edited by BoB SoiL

Im a fan of KA, never had a bad product by them and i have bought a bunch of things from them.

Also who makes your M4 you are getting? If its a CA the CASV's wont fit. Unless you plan on changing bodies

Edited by Milla

Chances are I'd be boring and go with a black one, so in that respect, colour isn't likely to be much of a problem I don't think...

Alternatively, as it'll be for CQB, I may get Tan furniture for it as I guess it'll look pretty spiffy with some Dessie DPM ^_^)

:geek:

If you are going to start with a TM, then I would reccommend upgrading to a Metal body when you get the CASV, because as it mounts on the top rail of the receiver, you want this to be as sturdy as possible.

I have a black CASV set up, and Im hopefully going to get around to spraying it Tan this week, finding time to do such things is easy when having Insomnia from working nights!