Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the front sights too high?

thought that kind of sights is suppose to be on a gas block.

good looking gun.

maybe a parts list?

Yeah, the sight is supposed to be too high, but the real steal RIS system sits lower than the rail on the CA body (CA made the rail just a bit too high). With the elevation adjustment on the front sight, it's enough to get proper sight alignment. The front buis was free, and it ended up working, so I kept it.

Parts list:

CA M15A4 Body

STAR Battlegrip

KA Aimpoint

PVS14 Replica

CA buis

Prime crane stock

YHM Spectre Length FF lightweight RIS

Knight's armament rail covers and vertical grip

Guarder AN-PEQ 2

STAR SR-25 front sight

KA Noveske KX3

CA Taclatch charging handle

The outer barrel is a chopped TM M4 outer barrel, no one makes a proper length barrel for the YHM FF.

Edited by Whitedingo

They do help with noise suppression slightly in that they direct the muzzle blast downrange instead of allowing it to radiate radially - as much.

Helps to lesson the chances of permanently deafening the guy next to you when your packed tight. Particularly appropriate since short weapons of the same calibre generally have a louder report.

hispeed1 what is the silencer on your gun

What ViciousV10 said. Noveske Rifleworks makes a KFH and KX3 flash hiders. For real guns, they help with the big flash that short barreled rifles have like 7.5" or 10.5" AR-15's and large caliber rifles. King Arms makes replicas of both, so does HurricanE and Proud.

What ViciousV10 said. Noveske Rifleworks makes a KFH and KX3 flash hiders. For real guns, they help with the big flash that short barreled rifles have like 7.5" or 10.5" AR-15's and large caliber rifles. King Arms makes replicas of both, so does HurricanE and Proud.

As an AK guy sneaking around the Armalite thread, I'll take this opportunity to point out that the KFH are actually the exact same style of flashhider used on certain Bulgarian AKS-74Us, just made to fit Armalites. See this pic of the flash eliminator taken off of one of these such AKS-74Us:

bigkrink.jpg

Here's a pic of the flash hider on one, it's a bit big and I'd rather not clutter, so you'll just have to click:

http://www.familievisser.demon.nl/schietsp...ov/Krinkov1.jpg

As an AK guy sneaking around the Armalite thread, I'll take this opportunity to point out that the KFH are actually the exact same style of flashhider used on certain Bulgarian AKS-74Us, just made to fit Armalites. See this pic of the flash eliminator taken off of one of these such AKS-74Us:

Yes but the KX3 is the lighter counterpart to the KFH, which I can't seem to find on Noveske's website. That is why you don't see many KFH's on SBR's.

Here's our teammate's M16SPR:

351651674_2c666c6540.jpg

351651780_475cbe872a.jpg

351651921_ea1359b173.jpg

The base is a TM M16A2 and it has a locally made Mk12Mod0 SPR kit on. The inner and outer barrels are the original ones from the A2 so it's still M16 length, not SPR length. The owner didn't want to give up the better accuracy of the longer barrel and didn't want to fit a silencer to hide the extra length.

As for my own M4SD, I've gone crazy for crane stocks:

351650405_91d3752c56.jpg

351650608_faf5d5a7e3.jpg

351650693_ab8d94325c.jpg

It's a BOYI CQBR crane stock gutted to hold batteries. :)