Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuntman, I assume Portugal has some sort of laws regarding having the tip of the barrel painted orange on airsoft guns?

And you assume well.

We've got new laws concerning guns, and Airsoft it's on it!

Partial red ou Yellow fluorescent painted gun

Plus 18 to play

To be federated

Normal things!!!

STUNTMAN

Thanks for the tip.  Of all the pics I see of optics on guns in the military, I have never seen any with BUIS's.  Some ACOG's have built in mechanical sights on top, but never any BUIS's with AP's.  The second one with the CQBR front end and HK416 stock is meant to not have any mechanical sights.  I am trying to keep it streamlined.

Actually with Ap's, you should have backup sites. IF your only primary source of aiming (your ap) goes down, you are pretty screwed if you don't have buis in the real world. I've personally never seen any military personnel not have a back up on their rifles unless they made a honest mistake. However, this is airsoft so whatever floats your boat and your budget.

wow, thats crazy....

but the place were you play looks awsome

A small off topic:

Do you think it's crazy? Our legislaters are thinking to make gun 50% painted!!!

We're fighting just to say like that... and if everybody respect the rules... I belleive that there is no problem at all!

End off topic!

The place it's fantastic... You must come here and play!!! More photos at:

http://www.hostileoperationsteam.org/galer...lbum=147&page=1

STUNTMAN

Edited by STUNTMAN

:unsure: still to high...???

wich one would fit?

Half of the gun....

That show´s me how the goverments"ALL of them" don´t know about the life of normal people.

How could u just think about something like that....

Sorry,but that´s a little bit...too

:headbutt::shutup2::clown::tongue1: for me....LOL

A great Day,anyway´s.... ;)

CALI SWANGIN´

Actually with Ap's, you should have backup sites. IF your only primary source of aiming (your ap) goes down, you are pretty screwed if you don't have buis in the real world. I've personally never seen any military personnel not have a back up on their rifles unless they made a honest mistake.  However, this is airsoft so whatever floats your boat and your budget.

You're right. It is about the budget too. There are many pics of dudes with no BUIS's. Lots of guys do go with them on their guns, lots don't put them on their guns.

The guy on the bottom left.

aaa.jpg

How about these guys. These pics were not hard to find at all.

seals2.jpg

At the end of the day it probably comes down to personal choice of the operator, especially in those pictures of Seals. There is no reason not to have one on there apart from cost, as if you have flip-up BUIS then there is no issue of the not co-witnessing.

Edited by mremerica
You're right.  It is about the budget too.  There are many pics of dudes with no BUIS's.  Lots of guys do go with them on their guns, lots don't put them on their guns.

The guy on the bottom left.

How about these guys.  These pics were not hard to find at all.

[/img]

Having no buis while using a battery powered reddot is the exception than the rule. I'm sure we can speculate all day as to why they don't have one (i.e. training, buis in their bdu's, etc.). For every picture you find that show a weapon with no buis, there are a dozen more pictures with weapons that have buis mounted in addition with their reddots. Again, i'm sure they have legitimate reasons as to why they aren't running buis. Also, you have shown us pictures of spec. ops, who receive far more advance shooting techniques than your average soldier, and who probably know how to shoot accurately on line of sight alone as a last resort. Again, I am only speculating.

As mremerica mentioned, it comes down to the operator. Luckily, in airsoft, we can follow our stream of bb's to the target :unsure:

aimpoints have no parallax. In CQB, like VBSS missions, a rear sight doesn't really matter because you're using the point and shoot method.

But I do understand the feeling of being prepared for the unexpected, and if your red dot or scope fails or breaks somehow you have iron sights as a backup.