CYMA glock 18c (version2)

CYMA glock 18c AEP (version 2)

cm-030-03.jpg*

The box is simple enough with a polystyrene insert. It contains the pistol, a 30rnd magazine, a 500mAh battery, a speed loader, a cleaning rod, an Alan key, a 220v 2 prong charger, and a complementary packet of BB’s.

Open taking the pistol out, I was quite surprised by the weight, it feel quite heavy and nice and solid. The out side of the pistol is completely plastic apart from the selector switch, which is metal. The magazine can hold 30 BB’s and though is very thin it’s a fair weight being as it’s all metal. The top rail comes off easily; by pressing in the box shaped bit on the back of the glock, this pushes the slide up. The slide is plastic with a small amount of metal at the back, which is the selector arm. The gearbox is metal, along with the inner barrel. The hop-up is controlled by a dial, which is easy to get to, once the slide is taken off.

The cyma can fit the tm magazines and batteries. And as a nice touch the cyma battery is 500mAH compared to TM’s 200.

I adapter can be used to charge the battery, but I just rewired a regular connector so I can charge it with a normal AEG charger.

I have lead to believe that it can take TM 18c AEP parts, which means the is a huge amount of upgrades from new springs to inner barrels, metal slides, ris slides, and lanyard plates.

Performance

I don’t have a chrono, but it is claimed to do about 220 FPS, which seems about right. The ROF is very high, much better than that of a M190, and more like that of a good AEG. The hop is easy to adjust, the range doesn’t seem that good, but my garden is only about 25m long so and it was still hit the fence without dropping. The difference in FPS in noticeable compared to a GBB. But it still is skirmishable. I’m guessing it would be best in CQB, but with a 100 round magazines it probably could hold it’s self in a pistol game.

I will have to skirmish with it, and report back how it performed for the day.

Conclusion

It’s a very good buy indeed. At only £45 (shipped) and £20 for a 100round magazine I think it was well worth it. It will be useful in cold weather when GBB tend to suffer. It might not be as fun to fire as a GBB but the high ROF and large magazines make up for it. In fact I like it so much I am going to buy another one.

Cost: $60 ($22 to ship UK, so total cost is about £45)

Weight: about .6kg (unloaded and without the battery).

FPS: Claimed to do just above 200 FPS with .2g BB’s.

Value for money: 10/10

Performance: 6/10

ROF: 9/10

Overall ratting: 8/10

-I got mine from m4airsoft.com A good site which I highly reccomend.

*I used a picture from anouther airsoft site (gunner airsoft), as I don't have a camera, I hope the guy doesn't mind. Here is a link to his review:

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/newgun/chines...0/cm-030-03.jpg

Edited by mario114
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent  review! I'm getting one now.

But, is it just me or does the battery clearly state that it's 450 mAh?

That pic is of the Ver 1. It came with a 450mAh battery which was very bad, and it had a problem with the selector clip arm. It also shot at 185fps.

The Ver 2 that was reviewed above is much better.

Be careful, though!

US power is 110V like the charger - Europe and UK use 220/240V and a simple plug adaptor will fry the charger and battery.

You need a step down transformer (or inverter) - Maplin do one for about £20, if I recall correctly.

Or if you have a charger for an AEG, you can put a battery connector on the charger and plug into your charger.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman

Stick a mini connector on the charger it comes with, dont need a silly transformer then (assuming you have a charger that does 7.2v anyway)

:wub: my G18c AEP, shame the battery i got was, erm, *beep*

*goes to buy some new ones*

That pic is of the Ver 1. It came with a 450mAh battery which was very bad, and it had a problem with the selector clip arm. It also shot at 185fps.

The Ver 2 that was reviewed above is much better.

Sorry about that, I only noticed after. I still havn't skirmished with it, but I have used it a fair bit. I think I'm getting about 700 shoots from one charge, which should last me a normall sunday easily enough.

how do you tell a V1 from a V2

A bunch of retailers in the states are starting to stock them but some are selling them with 1 bat and outhers with 2, bolth claiming to be "500 ma"

did the v1 come with 2 bats?

or is the only way to tell the white sites and 500ma batt?

Edited by gunfighters
how do you tell a V1 from a V2

A bunch of retailers in the states are starting to stock them but some are selling them with 1 bat  and outhers with 2, bolth claiming to be "500 ma"

did the v1 come with 2 bats?

or is the only way to tell the white sites and 500ma batt?

Only differences are the batteries and the White sites.

V1 - 450mAh batt, black sights

V2 - 500mAh batt, white sights

Both of them only come with 1 batt.

Has anyone chrono'd their Cyma Glock?

With .2's I'm only getting 160fps, this is much lower than I was expecting. I'm sure that mine is Version2 as it came with the 500mAh battery.

I'll be playing a game on Sunday so I'll check it there too, just to see if my chrono is faulty.

Has anyone chrono'd their Cyma Glock?

With .2's I'm only getting 160fps, this is much lower than I was expecting. I'm sure that mine is Version2 as it came with the 500mAh battery.

I'll be playing a game on Sunday so I'll check it there too, just to see if my chrono is faulty.

Im getting 200 average with .2gs,

gone up to 212 at one point.

This is on a guarder speeder chrono with goldfire .2g bbs.

Edited by slacky