m4 not firing

eX0ps^SIME

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you put the motor in the right way around?

There should be some indication of polarity on the motor. Maybe a red spot on one of the terminals or maybe a "+" symbol stamped on the top. It needs to go in with the positive (red) terminal to the front of the gun.

Once you've got the motor in correctly, the wires go in red to the front and black to the back.

Did you put the motor in the right way around?

There should be some indication of polarity on the motor. Maybe a red spot on one of the terminals or maybe a "+" symbol stamped on the top. It needs to go in with the positive (red) terminal to the front of the gun.

Once you've got the motor in correctly, the wires go in red to the front and black to the back.

thanks for that dude...my gun is firing faster than ever now..and thanks to everyone that actually helped me. I'll shoot it and see if its lost fps or not.

thanks for that dude...my gun is firing faster than ever now..and thanks to everyone that actually helped me. I'll shoot it and see if its lost fps or not.

Nice going fella. :D

Nice to get that sense of achievement at the end isn't it?

Seriously, though, If I was you I'd think about getting yourself a decent battery for your gun. It'll stop this happening again.

Why have you not taken on board what I explicitly said to you on previous pages?

What size battery cells do you currently have in term of Mah and physical size i.e. the diameter of the cell e.g. AF 17mm diam, SubC 23mm diam?

(I was so tempted to put that lot in CAPS)

If they are of the small variety either get some high quality cells like GP AF 4/5th cells which have a 30amp discharge capability:

http://www.overlander.co.uk/detail.asp?categoryid=64&ID=562

or buy a large SubC pack.

In any case you want the best discharge capabilities and nice large Mah (2000 to 3000 is nice, or more) and I presume your using an 8.4v pack so stick to that voltage.

Why have you not taken on board what I explicitly said to you on previous pages?

What size battery cells do you currently have in term of Mah and physical size i.e. the diameter of the cell e.g. AF 17mm diam, SubC 23mm diam?

(I was so tempted to put that lot in CAPS)

If they are of the small variety either get some high quality cells like GP AF 4/5th cells which have a 30amp discharge capability:

http://www.overlander.co.uk/detail.asp?categoryid=64&ID=562

or buy a large SubC pack.

In any case you want the best discharge capabilities and nice large Mah (2000 to 3000 is nice, or more) and I presume your using an 8.4v pack so stick to that voltage.

lol, why would he listen. That suggestion actually makes sense!

Jesus christ man, please listen, I'm only going to say this once and please don't waste my time by asking me to repeat it. You have already been told that you need a battery pack that uses cells that are physically larger than the ones in the battery you currently own. (By larger, larger in diameter, not mah). I've just read this thread, nd at least 3 people have already told you that :rolleyes:

The battery you have in your gun uses 2/3A cells. That is the physical size specification of them. You will need to get a pack made that uses cells larger than these, such as 'SC' cells for example.

The problem lies that there is not a great deal of room in the foregrip of an M4. In your case, it may be worth getting a pack made to this specification -

Voltage - 9.6 volts

Cell size - 2/3A

Cell manufacturer - Intellect

Number of cells in pack - 8

Mah of cell - 1200 (If I recall correctly)

Cell chemistry - NIMH

Intellect cells have the best discharge rate out of any cells I have used, so they should prevent the lock up problems you are having, simply because they have the extra 'oompf' that other 2/3A cells, such as sanyo cells, seem to lack.

If this is the battery you currently own, then it may be worth to get a large type battery pack that uses 'SC' cells, and a battery sling to carry it in. The link you posted earlier dosn't work for me, so I don't know what battery you currently own

bro, you got your gun going. ease up on the hammers, people ARE trying to help you. get a nun chuck, 9.6v, highest mAh youre willing to pay for. a friend of mine has intellect cells in his batt and they're champion. best i've seen. just find a pic of a nun-chuck, count the cells and configuration, note the size and "sex" of the tamiya plug, and get a custom pack from cheapbatterypacks.com, or go buy one of their pre-made airsoft ones... sorted by brand and gun.

i would LOVE to point out that if you had the '06 ICS M4A1 like mine (all mine), you could have just popped the forward assist instead of hacking away at the anti-reversal latch with a screwdriver *evil laugh* go ahead pillow pwnage, rave about your G&P, i'll stick with mine. and if ron would like, i'll post pictures of that two-piece gearbox.

(ahh, 'scuse me sadigh, you beat me to that...)

Archived