CAR 15 project suggestions

privatecowboy

I recently aquired a TM Car15 on the forums for a knockdown price. Now I know that they are a discontinued item now and may become rare in the future. And there are those who will advise me to preserve it in its original form but.......i dont care I wanna chop it up! :P

I am searching for project ideas at present for this little beauty, and I reckon a Masterkey set up might be a good idea. If i was going to do this I would most likely get the ithaca shottie that fits on a 21mm rail for the m4/sr16, so i may have to change the front end of the car15.

I would welcome any suggestions on how you would do this project or I would welcome any suggestions on other projects for the Car15.

Thanks for having a look guys.

Would the Ithaca masterkey that's featured in the review section (not the RIS one) fit it? I'm sure you could move the front clamp further back to accomodate it. I didn't think that the CAR15's foregrip would be that much smaller than an M4's.

Nah Meglomaniac...i know thats wise counsel and I thank you..but i wanna chop it up, its so tiny and cute with its little springy stock..it deserves it!

Rhino my mustachioed compadre you might be on to something there, my only concern with this would be that the battery is housed in the foregrip. Does anyone know if you could mod a car15 stock to take a battery and wire through the stock pipe or something. Failing that I may have to get an m16 stock.

You absolutely won't get a battery in the stock. In fact the stock on the Car15 is a real *badgeress* to re-assemble. Not something you'd want to have to take apart to fit a battery every re-charge.

your best bet would be to fit a "Ready Mag Holder" and fit a battery in the gutted shell of a magazine. ...As long as that wouldn't interfere with your Masterkey bracket.

Just as an aside, do you realise just HOW unbalanced the gun would be?

I don't mean to put you off but I have an M4 masterkey and the ithaca stands well forward of the gun. And the Car15 is even shorter.

However, good luck mate! I hope you fare well.

AndyR

was just thinking the same thing, been looking at m4 foregrip and that might be the way to go, with a longer outer barrel and different flash hider.

I reckon an M4 foregrip with an outer barrel and an m16 stock for starters!

May post in the wanted section for these bits

Hey privatecowboy are you planning to sell the CAR-15 foregrip???

You might have to do some modding. I mean the car15 is a little gun with a brittle body...thats part of the reason it is discontinued. You may need to REALLY modify the shottie to get it to fit and not collapse the guns structure.

cheers

-EnZo-

Good point enzo, thats why I have aqquired an m4 front end with reinforced outer and an m16 stock!

If that isnt enough I may have to consider a metal body !

Archived