G&G FC51 Fixed Stock

Hi All,

This is a review of the G&G FS-51 fixed stock AEG. This review is based on my own experiences with this AEG.

Real steel facts can be found Here

OK to start off with here is a picture of the boxed AEG.

box.jpg

As you can see the AEG is packaged very well and in the box you get the FS-51, one hicap magazine, one ris rail, one cleaning rod, one barrel sock, one users manual, a little bag containing four screws and an allen key for use with the ris rail, another plastic bag with various documents in it and the plastic butt cap.

out of the box this is a sweet looking AEG. it is nearly all metal, the only parts that are not metal are the stock, foregrip and the lower receiver.

lefthandside.jpg

righthandside.jpg

there are a couple of nice features to the FS-51. for instance the hop up is solid metal and the stock is very roomy and can accommodate a large 8.4v 3000Mah battery.

metalhop.jpg

batterycompartment.jpg

when you pull the cocking lever to the rear and lock it in place you can get access to the hop adjustment ring. this looks similar to a few different AEG hop adjusters.

hopup.jpg

The ris rail is easily added to the top of the receiver using the 4 screws and allen key supplied. this is a 20mm rail and will allow the usual gadgets to be added to your hearts content.

risrail.jpg

well thats the physical description out of the way. how does it fire? what is it like to fire? any problems?

After charging up a 8.4v 3000Mah battery and installing it into the stock, i netoiced that the stock butt cap is a tight fit and takes a bit of a smack to get it on and off. this is just down to it being new and i;m sure after a few battery swaps this will loosen up. Next the magazine was topped up with BB's and just for your info this mag is TM compatable so no problems getting replacements/spares.

The magazine slips into the magwell with easy and there is no play at all when it's seated.

flicking the selector swith i noticed that each position clicks into place nicely unlike other G3 based AEG's. (CA's CA33 springs to mind).

pulling the trigger the BB shoots out of the barrel at 370FPS which might mean downgrading for some skirmish sites.The trigger pull is very solid infact very much like the TM MP5 series.

selectorswitch.jpg

flicking the switch to auto the BB's fly out of the barrel at a right old rate using the 8.4v 3000Mah battery. I am not sure of the ROF as i have no way of measuring it but i'd say it's on par with most AEG's probably around the 850 mark.

Right now that's how it fires but i hear you asking what's it like to fire? in one word...Brilliant. I really enjoy shooting this AEG. it's easy to bring up to the aim, shoots accurately, it's not too long or unwieldy and it's just plain full to shoot.

I have shown a comparison between different H&K models in the picture below so that you can judge for yourself the size of this AEG.

comparison.jpg

Well that's about it for this review. the only other thing to add is the fixtures on this AEG are cast beautifully. The rear sight works very well and looks really good and the front end is cast very well. The Thread below the flash hider is a -14 mm one but i have noticed that the pitch seems to be slightly different so if you want to add a silencer i recommend trying before buying a silencer.

rearsight.jpg

flashhider.jpg

and that's it. any questions fire away (no pun intended).

I will leave you with another picture. This time it's the FS-51 with an ACOG scope. This scope makes this weapon look sweet.

fs-51withacogscope.jpg

When you smack the buttplate off, avoid leverage to the part of the stock where the receiver cap and actual stock connect. I've seen one broken because of mishandling.

The rear sight looks kind of odd in your pictures. In real life it's not so brown.

yeah its no way as brown as that in real life. My camera doesn't do it any favours.

i can also confirm that the CA 33E and TM G3 series butt plates fit this AEG and actually go on a lot easier

I added just the G&G MSG90 stock to my G3/SG1 a few months back. (And i'm assuming it's the exact same stock on the FC51) But I use the butt plate from the TM G3 stock. It's much easier to open, closes with a positive lock and adds a little length.