premature slide lock-back

Smith5

Day two of owning this KSC G34 (ksc metal slide), problem number 2. I was firing it earlier and about half of the time the slide would lock back with a bb still in the mag. It didnt do it last night using 134a gas but today using ultra gas it has started doing it.

It is an intermittant problem, some times I could fire off several mags perfectly, then a few where it would lock back leaving the last shot in the mag, then every other mag would fire perfectly and every other would lock back early.

Can anyone explain this? Ive never come across it before.

Day two of owning this KSC G34 (ksc metal slide), problem number 2. I was firing it earlier and about half of the time the slide would lock back with a bb still in the mag. It didnt do it last night using 134a gas but today using ultra gas it has started doing it.

It is an intermittant problem, some times I could fire off several mags perfectly, then a few where it would lock back leaving the last shot in the mag, then every other mag would fire perfectly and every other would lock back early.

Can anyone explain this? Ive never come across it before.

It probably still has the stock plastic spring guide in it. This part was meant for the plastic slide version of your gun. Get the guarder replacement for the g17, 18c. It's the same part.

How will an upgraded spring help? The spring in the mag or the spring on the slide? This gun is stock, I havent added anything to it or taken anything from it. It is as I bought it from Airsoft Armoury.

Ive had a closer look at the mag, with and without one bb in it. The small part of the follower in the mag that pushes the slide lock up after the last bb has been chambered is about 2mm below the point it will be once i take this one bb out of the mag. But when I compare this to my USP magazine, its pretty much te same story, but the USP worls flawlessly. This can be the only thing I can think of causing the problem, but why doesnt it happen with every mag I fire off?

EDIT:

Ok yes its a plastic spring guide as far as I can tell. The mag follower is not engaging the slide catch enough for it to lock the slide back from what I can see when there is just one bb in the mag.

Could it simply be the force of the blowback and the mag follower moving up just causing the slide catch to 'jump' up into position to stop the slide from coming forwards again? It didnt do it using weaker 134 a gas and the blowback was much harder using the Ultra in it today.

What do you all think?

Archived