Vest of Eric Bana in Black Hawk Down?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright guys, check this out....

Go watch the "On the set" part of the DVD... towards the middle part find where Jason Issacs (Captain Steele) is talking and u'll see a 360 degree view of Eric Bana.. Notice something odd? There are 2 straps running down his chest. To me this actually looks like 3 vests at this point. One being the underlying armor. Two being what looks like a BHI vest with all the pockets removed and third being the BHI .223 chest mounted pouches worn over everything: http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.as...duct_id=2475&d=

You can tell it's those pouches in black as the straps are nearly 2 inches wide. However when they pan around to his back, you don't see a waist strap but the waist strap could be really thin and darker than the shoulder straps and blend in better.

My best guess is it's loosely based on the BHI Urban assualt vest (which has no zipper front) and the chest mounted pouches sewn on somehow cause towards the latter parts of the feature and them movie itself, those shoulder straps are gone. Again, my guess :)

I always thought some of them wore the BlackHawk D.O.A.V in black in the movie like Sharp (I may be wrong)

I thought Eric Bana's charactor Hoot wore this too but I do remember seeing pictures of him wearing a different setup.

Other Detla wore chest rigs and alice gear so its not like the costume people didnt have different vests to choose from

I just found this site ericbana-archives.com and as Crandall said deffinatly not a DOAV.

Loads of pictures of Hoot and shows hes deffinatly wearing armour with a vest over it with a chest rig, no idea if its a seperate vest and rig or they have been custom made so its one piece of kit.

Also shows them using what looks like BHI Urban vests in the Delta boot camp

Hope this helps to setup your gear

Bana is in fact wearing 3 different types of vest. First he is wearing black PT body armor. Second, he is wearing a black ABA vest with pouches removed in orded to keep his belt kit up. Finally, he is wearing an BHI .223 chest rig.

http://www.spybroken.com/bana/pics/film/bhd/BHDdisk2_032.jpg

In that photo, look at the velcro patch on his PT armor, you can see it starts to make a "V" shape. That is the ABA vest he is wearing.

Yes, it may be a movie, but the costume people had a lot of help with kitting out the actors. Many of the Delta guys wore empty ABA vests in order to keep their belt kit up as opposed to wearing the Y/H harness. Ever notice that Shughart wears an LBV over his PT armor, along with a chest rig? Many of the Rangers and even some of the Delta guys helped the prop department make sure the kit was correct.

the Hoot and Shuhgart vest load outs are sold as sets by Laylax

Shughart has the Black armor vest and OD chest rig

Hoot has the Black armor vest , black chest rig and Assault vest.

Dunno if that makes it more accurate but that seems those are the load outs that the Great minds at Laylax put together

good luck to all, Rangers lead the way

BHD is amazing.

Archived