Vest of Eric Bana in Black Hawk Down?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone's looking for it, the best choice would probably be to get the "Navy SEAL PT Armor" or something similar (such as this, this, this, this, this, this, or this) and then the Eagle Industries Universal Tactical Chest Rig (shown here)

That would probably be the best bet for whoever wants to do a good Eric Bana load out.

then the Eagle Industries Universal Tactical Chest Rig (shown here)

That would probably be the best bet for whoever wants to do a good Eric Bana load out.

wow nice job wraith. It really looks like it. except in OD.

Hmm... I'm really interested in going to a Somalia '93 Delta kit now...

Can anyone get me a pic of Shugart's and Gordon's kit?

he has the PT style armor vest, some kind of vest that goes over that, and then the chest harness like the BHI one. If you watch the behind the scenes stuff you can get a glimpse of his back and he has a butt pack mount way up at his shoulder blades with some wiring coming out like a radio. I've looked for ages for the vest that he wears over the PT armor and I gave up. Someone might need to contact the film company to find out, i dunno.

In the film, Shugart and Gordon wear PT Armor with BHI .223 chestrigs, and LBV-88's holding up their belts, which have a couple of M16 pouches and a buttpack each. Otherwise, just like the other Delta operators (DCUs, black kneepads, Adidas GSG9 Boots (I think), Protec half-cut's with Otto headsets, aviator gloves)

Both survied yes, only one was able to defend the crashed helo though. ;)

So he was right.

Negative. Sgt. James McMahon, who was the other Delta operator in Super 6-1, also survived and assisted in defending the crash site (even though the movie did not show it).

Sorry, Daniel Busch was a Delta operator, too, not a crew chief as it may have been infered. :)

To recap, both crew chiefs and both Delta operators survived, yet one of the crew chiefs, Staff Sgt. Ray Dowdy, was badly injured. He had to be extracted by Sgt. Tim Wilkinson, part of the rescue squad sent in.

I assumed we were talking about the film.

The differences get people confused when they have only seen the film and people talk abut the book.

Oh, well in that case... :flamed:

:D

However, with the actual names of the soldiers that were mentioned in this thread, it's sometimes hard to tell whether one is talking about the book or movie. ;)

Archived