Too much empty space on the sides now if your resolution is greater than 1024.  I agree that it's the standard now, but still, it looks so bare.  Also, I liked it when there was a hyperlink to check your messages from the News page so that I could go straight to the inbox.

I'm glad someone else said this. I thought the same (my resolution is 1920x1200) but I thought it was me imagining it. I do agree that it could do with some of the features of the previous (especially Dave Mallinder's cartoon Arnie!) ), but I do find the new layout better. It's also far far easier for staff when uploading new stories. :)

Hmm, I really like this. There is a lot of space around the sides, but I think that adds to it. The bar on the right is refreshing personally, although it did throw me at first.

All in all, i think it looks great, and I cant wait to see how the forums will turn out! :D

My main complaint is the choice in wordpress mods. Alot of the javascript used isn't crossbrowser DOM compatible which means it doesn't work in quite a few browsers IE and FireFox were the only browsers I found that worked. Opera, Safari, IE:Mac, Konqueror, Lynx etc. didn't support them. I'm sure I'm not the only member that doesn't use Intarweb Exploder or Fire*fruitcage*ed. A quick JS DOM check would be good and then document.write() controls in the div accordingly (the silly slider thingy or "<<Previous" and "Next>>" buttons).

My main complaint is the choice in wordpress mods. Alot of the javascript used isn't crossbrowser DOM compatible which means it doesn't work in quite a few browsers IE and FireFox were the only browsers I found that worked. Opera, Safari, IE:Mac, Konqueror, Lynx etc. didn't support them. I'm sure I'm not the only member that doesn't use Intarweb Exploder or Fire*fruitcage*ed. A quick JS DOM check would be good and then document.write() controls in the div accordingly (the silly slider thingy or ">" buttons).

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=sm5arniesairsoft&r=13

Opera and Safari together account for 3% of total traffic for this site. Whilst Opera is a great browser even online banking systems and commercial websites refuse to support it ("unrecognised browser" was a frequent problem), which is why I stopped using the browser myself.

Lynx is a text only browser with no graphics support so I'm not going to write pages to support that either.

At the moment 2/3 of traffic here is IE and 1/3 is Firefox, whilst it'd be nice to cater for everyone on the planet it's not practical at this moment in time.

Safari support will get better when I get around to getting a new MacBook next time I get a chance.

[stamp]

certified "Total Online Goodliness" by all evil hippies worldwide :)

We likes it. Studies indicate that changes are either equal or better than rests ;)

PS. C'mon Arnie, lets see you chip in for one of these spangly Eagle Industries leg holsters :P

Gives you an excuse to buy an MP5K, if you haven't already got one :D (The Blog ain't the only thing I can shamlessly put my name to :lol: )

Edited by evilhippy
http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=sm5arniesairsoft&r=13

Opera and Safari together account for 3% of total traffic for this site. Whilst Opera is a great browser even online banking systems and commercial websites refuse to support it ("unrecognised browser" was a frequent problem), which is why I stopped using the browser myself...

I don't mind helping with adding some crossbrowser goodness. If you want just drop an email and I reckon I could spare an evening or so.

It looks less homely, in my opinion. (Looks) very clean, but very spartan.

Like a hospital, I suppose, but without the dead people and chance of contracting MRSA.

I agree.

It took me 10 minutes of blank expressioned staring to work out that i WAS on the right site :P

Edited by powelly
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.