XM90 (Name Pending)

Donut

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That looks like the workings of a Halo 2 Battle Rifle. Put a FAMAS-ish carry handle on there, replace the P90 magazine with something, get rid of the trigger guard, and get it to take M16 mags.

I've gone too far now to go all the way back and make it into a BR... but just wait :D *hint hint*

Ravizzone,Oct 8 2006, 05:24 PM]Looks like the crye MR-C.

It sort of does... but...

Anyways, I typed "AR15 Bullpup" into google just for kicks and giggles... you guys won't believe what I found...

Bushmaster AR15 bullpup...

bushmaster-bullpupM17S.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

EDIT: Its real name is the M17S Bullpup.

Would you mind if I had a go at turning my P90 into one of these? I probably won't go for the HK grip change but I really like the idea of the G36 foregrip and extended barrel :) Have you put a longer inner barrel in? Because surely a PSG1 barrel would fit giving you kick *albartroth* accuracy and higher fps!

Oh, I think i should point it out - as far as I can tell, the fake shell ejector on the P90 can (Once you dremel the plastic shell ejector out, of course) take an M16 mag. Feeding and a mag release may be awkward, though, especialy as you'd have to either md the hop or get an entireley new one.

Gearbox position makes it a bit awkward, too, but it may be possible.

Here's a real steel version of a Armalite setup to take P90 mags:

I do like the direction the XM90 is progressing.

OMG... just when I thought I've seen it all... :blink:

Would you mind if I had a go at turning my P90 into one of these? I probably won't go for the HK grip change but I really like the idea of the G36 foregrip and extended barrel :) Have you put a longer inner barrel in? Because surely a PSG1 barrel would fit giving you kick *albartroth* accuracy and higher fps!

NO!!! :angry: JK

Go ahead, I'd like to see your project.

Yes, I do have a longer tightbore in there, but it's a 510mm M16 tightbore, because I still want it to remain small, right now it's roughly the length of a M733 extended out.

The accuracy is great with the longer barrel, you'll notice that the G36 handguard is actually chopped up to make it shorter, but with a PSG1 barrel it probably won't need to be chopped up.

Without the HK battle grip, or any pistol grip in general, it'd look very much like a SL8/9.

Oh, I think i should point it out - as far as I can tell, the fake shell ejector on the P90 can (Once you dremel the plastic shell ejector out, of course) take an M16 mag. Feeding and a mag release may be awkward, though, especialy as you'd have to either md the hop or get an entireley new one.

Gearbox position makes it a bit awkward, too, but it may be possible.

I would've done that if I could. Sure, it fits a M16 mag perfectly in size, but the "trigger "is placed right at the ejection port, which is why I can't really make a ejection port, the cuts you see now is the most you can do, anymore and the gearbox would be exposed. In short, it is near impossible...

Though at one point I did have the crazy idea of cutting it in half behind the grip and extending the gun to take a M16 mag, but with a little playing around in photoshop it looked like ****.

Ok, I finally got enough motivation today to work and finish the home stretch. It doesn't look like I did much from the pics, but it was a lot of small work, took me a whole day.

Right now it's like 99.99% completed, because I might want to go and change something later, but for now, consider it done.

The most basic setup

IMG_0388.jpg

Some small changes

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Redid the bondo, and repainted it.

IMG_0391.jpg

I even added a simple ejection port.

IMG_0392.jpg

Right now I'm looking for a fitting optic, I've got an idea in my mind.

So? What do you think?

Try an Elcan or an Eotech. Normal optics wouldn't do it justice.

hmmm, the Elcan would stand out too much and not as streamlined... but the EOtech *starts drooling* *stops after looking at band account* :(

Though I do have an idea :) Now where's my old digital camera...

Is it me or is the outer barrel drooping?

Other than that, sex on a stick.

It's just you, and thank you.

I'd like it 200% more if you added bondo to fill in all the gaps and made the buttstock (where the gearbox is and where you cut away the grip) look more rounded.

I actually... didn't notice it until it was pointed out now... I don't really mind it at all. I like the fact that it looks cut out, but I'm not a big fan of the hole it leaves. Maybe a bit more rounded, but if it looked round, then it would its mean appearance as a killing tool if you ask me. Just like the XM8, I can't see it striking fear into me unless its mean looking, has sharp edges, and is black.

This gun has a few curves, but it fits the bill VERY nicely. It looks like a beautiful death machine that I would love to have babies with lol. :P

Archived