Chinese made L96A1

gunner-airsoft

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah, I think DarkLites is better.  Maybe a , between grammar and people?

As you're addressing the "people" with the "it's not hard to get right" comment, the "people" should be at the end really IMO.

The other alternative is something like "Grammar, people; it's not that hard to get right." but I don't like semicolons :P

Really? I thought it was perfectly legal to own a rifle, with the correct FC - You see loads of 'em down at Bisley! :unsure:

AFAIK you can own pretty much any rifle you like as long as it's not semi-automatic or fully-automatic. Single shot only.

Can't imagine that a specific cartridge would be outlawed, more than likely it's just Bisley not liking .338 or something - maybe they're too loud for the neighbours ;)

//edit: Quality research here from the BBC:

It is much more difficult to get a gun in the UK. It is completely illegal to own a handgun unless you can proove you use it to kill vermin like rats, or it is an antique type gun.

OK, so it's CBBC. But even so, you can't own a handgun for pest control :P

From the NRA (The UK one, not Charlton's lot) :

""Range Safety Notice 06/05", dated 25th July 2005, has been issued by the Land Ranges Working Party (responsible for safety on ranges throughout the UK). This was received by the NRA on 30th August. "Range Safety Notices" are issued in advance of amendments to JSP 403, and are to be implemented immediately on receipt of the notice.

This Range Safety Notice contains the new "Weapon Danger Area (WDA) Template" for the .338" (8.6mm) Long Range Rifle. Despite the fact that the MV and ME limits of this rifle fall within the normal limits for a Gallery Range, the designated minimum length of the Range Danger Area (RDA) for this rifle is 3,700 metres (4,034 yards). Stickledown and Century ranges have RDA lengths of 2,900 and 1,830 metres respectively, and the new WDA template for the .338" rifle clearly exceeds both of these. In the case of Stickledown the WDA template runs well beyond Red Road into the housing estate beyond, and in the case of Century it overlaps either the Clay ranges on the LHS or Short/Long Siberia (and Furze Farm) on the RHS. It is therefore regretted that an immediate ban must be placed on the use of .338? (8.6mm) Long Range Rifles on any of the Bisley ranges. No "down-loaded" ammunition will be permitted. There will be no exceptions to this rule, and the Range Safety Regulations (Edition 4, dated 01 September 2005) have been amended accordingly"

Note that the odd punctuation is theirs, not mine :)

Cheers.

This Range Safety Notice contains the new "Weapon Danger Area (WDA) Template" for the .338" (8.6mm) Long Range Rifle. Despite the fact that the MV and ME limits of this rifle fall within the normal limits for a Gallery Range, the designated minimum length of the Range Danger Area (RDA) for this rifle is 3,700 metres (4,034 yards). Stickledown and Century ranges have RDA lengths of 2,900 and 1,830 metres respectively, and the new WDA template for the .338" rifle clearly exceeds both of these. In the case of Stickledown the WDA template runs well beyond Red Road into the housing estate beyond, and in the case of Century it overlaps either the Clay ranges on the LHS or Short/Long Siberia (and Furze Farm) on the RHS. It is therefore regretted that an immediate ban must be placed on the use of .338? (8.6mm) Long Range Rifles on any of the Bisley ranges. No "down-loaded" ammunition will be permitted. There will be no exceptions to this rule, and the Range Safety Regulations (Edition 4, dated 01 September 2005) have been amended accordingly"

Oh yeah, should have known about that. There was a big hoo-ha about it at my local club when it was brought in.

I remember being surprised that the Stickledown range didn't have the necessary RDA.

Archived