Chinese made L96A1

gunner-airsoft

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling fat-tony joined the forums to get $5 off his next purchase...of a L96...sometime in the near future...maybe?

Anyways, welcome fat-tony...

My first name is Tony.

-----------------------------------------

But seriously...

Every forum I go to everyone asks all these questions, and every single one besides one question has been answered, and that question is:

What is the accuracy of the rifle?

Everyone knows the basics, but really, if your going to buy a sniper rifle, and use it, it would be useful if it were accurate like a sniper rifle should be, so that you can hit your target, the first time your fire...

I expect the gun to be moderatly accurate, due to the 6.08 barrel the length of an M4 barrel. The Hop-Up is another question, but it still relates to accuracy in a large way... I heard that it could be a copy of the PDI hop-up unit made for the Maruzen Type 96...just because the standered Maruzen Hop-Up doesn't take normal AEG barrels, while the Warrior I does take standered barrels, and the PDI hop-up unit allows the Maruzen Type 96 take standered barrels after installation...

So, the questions are, how accurate is the rifle, and how does the hop-up correlate with the accuracy?

That is all that is needed from many people, before they purchase the rifle from Gunner Airsoft...and that includes me as one of those people...

Answer those questions, and you might have no more of those 96's left!

I have a feeling fat-tony joined the forums to get $5 off his next purchase...of a L96...sometime in the near future...maybe?

Anyways, welcome fat-tony...

My first name is Tony.

Not really. this is just my first post as i joined like 3weeks ago. before this thread was even started :blink:

im more of a reader than a writer ;)

EDIT: Joined: 31-August 06

Hello,

I also know 3 people here at my local airsoftclub who think about buying such a Sniper. And as Unumpentium stated before, the only question is accuracy and the construction, will it be 100% Maruzen Clone ? If it really has a TM Style HopUP with AEG Bucking and could use AEG Barrels then its really better than the Maruzen in this point.

mfg RM (--)

Since AEG tightbores are getting very cheap now - CA and SRC ones in .04 and .03 respectively - I'd not worry too much about the accuracy.

I'd really like some a closer look at the cylidner construction though - as that's the part that takes almost all the stress.

On the same line of thinking as Darklite, i'd want a GOOD look at the trigger sear before relying on this for a full days skirmish, as even on the Maruzen L96 almost everyone i talked to when i got mine advised on replacing that.

But at least that's not an expensive part to replace, just something to keep an eye on!

ref accuracy? just buy a 6.01 barrel from x-fire, they will cut them to the size you req, and the make aeg barrels for the psg etc, I have one in a G-Spec and it makes quite a bit of difference compared to a 6.03!

I would have to look at replacing the trigger with a zero one, (to much cash spent on sears in the past!!) but other than that I would be happy with the stock gun (depending on the hop set up)

Mine's on the way and I promise you a decent review once it arrives.

To be fair to Gunner, we should remember that this IS a hundred-dollar gun and not a thousand-dollar gun.

Given that a spring-piston system has a VERY high degree of repeatibility, the only things that can go wrong are the sear and the hop-up.

I'm hopeful this will be a good investment, even if it needs a bit of work.

Incidentally, I wonder if the chinese gun has copied Maruzens clever features such as the loaded and empty-mag indicators?

Archived