Chinese made L96A1

gunner-airsoft

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but I don't have enough time to read 72 pages...

Is the Warrior L96 any good-->compared to Maruzen?

Is it much bigger and how much lighter than a TANAKA AICS.

This would be my first sniper so is it good for that and how upgradeable(easilly)

Thanks for your trouble

This would be my first sniper so is it good for that and how upgradeable(easilly)

Thanks for your trouble

I just read it through and the other L96 thread too and i ordered the gun :D

I don't know if posting links is allowed but i bought this, a re branded warrior http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/product_i...roducts_id/3174

It obviously has the old warrior's box with some tape on it. but it says its 1J? I remember these guys used to drill a hole on the nozzle on some sniper guns and I'm wondering if they have done it to this too?

I just read it through and the other L96 thread too and i ordered the gun  :D

I don't know if posting links is allowed but i bought this, a re branded warrior http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/product_i...roducts_id/3174

It obviously has the old warrior's box with some tape on it. but it says its 1J? I remember these guys used to drill a hole on the nozzle on some sniper guns and I'm wondering if they have done it to this too?

Are you SURE that's the Warrior gun?

There's a cheaper version of the Warrior around which IS rated at 1J. You can tell if you've got that one because the subframe inside the stock is plastic rather than metal.

Unfortunately, you can only check this after you buy the gun.

Thanks for your trouble

Sorry but I don't have enough time to read your post...

Is your ability to read any good-->compared to a normal person's?

Is the energy expenditure required to type your list of questions much bigger and how much lighter than actually reading, or waiting until such a time that you have enough time to read the thread?

This would be a good opportunity to use the search topic function, so could you do that?

Thanks for your trouble.

Thanks for your trouble

- That would be like starting this thread all over. If you're getting a Warrior L96,

you will eventually need to read all. Try Pendra's L96 Guide for starters.

- Warrior L96 is spring powered, Tanaka AICS is gas powered. Since both are "replicas", they should be about the same size as the real rifle. I don't know how light a Tanaka AICS is since I've never handled one but The Warrior L96 is pretty light and eventually (like all sniper rifles) becomes heavy after adding scope and bipod.

I was customising my and a friends stock the other day to have a fake magazine (ex TM G3 Mag) and had a small problem in that the retained (square) turreted nuts that take the butt plate screws had all either cracked or sheered off the turrets.

I have gotten round this by removing a spacer from the butt, however has anyone elase seen this?

If not be careful not to over tighten the butt pad retaining bolts as the retaining nuts are only monkey metal!

rgds

RT

After a day long skirmish I've come to the conclusion that it is really really inaccurate.... The hop-up was working alright and the FPS seemed good, I cleaned the barrel a day before and so on. Is it just the 0.28 BBs or do I need that precision barrel?

After a day long skirmish I've come to the conclusion that it is really really inaccurate.... The hop-up was working alright and the FPS seemed good, I cleaned the barrel a day before and so on. Is it just the 0.28 BBs or do I need that precision barrel?

What i found with mine is that the barrel spacers needed to be adjusted in order for it to be somewhat accurate. Also the hop up unit i took the working bits apart to get to the nubbin to realise there isnt one. What i did was took a small sheet of thin velcro and put it in there and said "what the heck, i'll give it a try and see how it goes" I know can shoot out to 300 feet with .30's and hit man sized targets. Good enough for my books. My gun hasent needed a cleaning as apparently there was no gunk in the cylinder like most people have been getting lucky me I guess but I'm thuroughly impressed with mine still.

How many shots have you fired through yours? I fired almost 1000 out of mine and its running good :) Even survived the road trip home from college.

I got my aero-chamber hop up at last, but unfortunately there are several problems.

The hop-up itself is fine, but the attachment hole for the screw that holds the mag-catch assembly to the barrel (at least on the Warrior version) is in a different place, which means that unfortunately I can't use mags with the gun if I use this hop-up. Great.

Also, the new hop-up has not fixed the inaccuracy issues with the gun. I tested it with individually loaded BBs and the gun is as inconsistent as ever. Typically, I've wasted another forty quid on something I didn't need. Oh well.

I've come to the conclusion that I must just have got a lemon. I'm not going to spend any more money on this gun- I told myself that it was worth the price even if it turned out to be a lemon. It is still an awesome display piece, just a shame it doesn't work :(

There's one thing I've learned from this. If you want something that has at least a good chance of working out of the box, you have to spend more. You get what you pay for. Its nice that a lot of people have had very good experiences, but I'm not buying chinese clones again ;)

Wouldn't know where to get one :P

I'm not gonna spend any more money on it, at least for a while. I've got uni on the horizon so I can't really. I posted this just to let people know that the aero-chamber has problems fitting.

Just a nugget of info but it might be valuable to someone, I did a quick test to see how well the housing that would hold up to the main spring being left in the cocked position

Left it cocked overnight for about 12 hours, chrono'd it (475, normally does 480 but after a few more rounds it got back up to that) and then took it down for inspection of the trigger housing and no visible flaws could be found.

Haven't had a chance to adjust the hop and zero my scope yet as I've only got at best a 7m range, however this weekend I'll be able to get to a 50m range and see how it does.

I got my aero-chamber hop up at last, but unfortunately there are several problems.

The hop-up itself is fine, but the attachment hole for the screw that holds the mag-catch assembly to the barrel (at least on the Warrior version) is in a different place, which means that unfortunately I can't use mags with the gun if I use this hop-up. Great.

Sorry to hear that, Billy.

I feel responsible as I mentioned that the aero-chamber should fit on the chinese l96 since it's compatible with the maruzen l96. I guess it doesn't but I wonder why tho... the maruzen l96's mag well should be in the same position too.

Anyhow, I've finally upgraded my rifle with a PDI two-way hop-up chamber, a PDI 6.05 tightbore (495mm) barrel, a Laylax pss96 cylinder head damper and a Prometheus hard-type hop-up rubber.

The accuracy and range has greatly improved and I'm satisfied with my set-up. Only problem is, as Pendra has mentioned, trying to fine-tune the hop-up is really a pain in the a**. Having to take out the mag, pull back the piston, adjust the screws, test fire, then repeat the process all over again. And it took me about 10 mags just to get the hop-up right. :angry:

Apart from that I think it's worth every penny invested. However... I still haven't scored a kill out of 3 skirmishes I've played with my l96 so far. :(

Rewez, I don't hold you responsible :P it doesnt matter too much.

The reason it won't fit is that the unit is slightly too long, so the muzzle-cap thing on the end of the barrel won't screw in fully. Also, the hole into which the mag-catch asembly screws is in the wrong place, too far toward the breech on the gun. Apart from that it's a lovely hop-up, far better than the stock one and really well made.

As far as I can tell, if the barrel is different from a Maruzen, the hop will be too, right? Because of this, and the fact that the Aero-chamber is designed specifically to replace a maruzen hop-up, I don't think the maruzen one would fit either. I don't know about the PDI though.

To be honest, if and when I have the money, I'm going to invest in a high-quality sniper rifle, probably a VSR or something like that.

Archived