Chinese made L96A1

gunner-airsoft

OK, so TDS = Warrior 1, any that are 350 fps is BE, and the UTG = Well?

yes

but Well=warrior1

there are only 2 "known" clone L96s

the BE with the plastc sub frame

and the warrior1

every thing elce seems to be a reabrand of one or the outher.

I know darklite said the Warrior was made by well...

but I wounder why they don't claim it? there outher guns have a Well lable on the box it seems to have alot of folowers and would help with there brands image.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could write "1337 Snipa Nub" on his forehead. Would that be better? Or maybe "UTG henchman."

That would work :)

Today I got an email from Gunner saying my mag would be shipped. I'm going to take accuracy tests today as I have a Maruzen Mag coming today. Provided of course later today the ground dries up and its not very windy like it is right now.

That would work :)

Today I got an email from Gunner saying my mag would be shipped.  I'm going to take accuracy tests today as I have a Maruzen Mag coming today.  Provided of course later today the ground dries up and its not very windy like it is right now.

Flippin' heck!! What did you threaten him with to get a reply that quickly?!? Maybe he's started cleaning up his act!

Glad you got it resolved quickly

Flippin' heck!!  What did you threaten him with to get a reply that quickly?!?  Maybe he's started cleaning up his act!

Glad you got it resolved quickly

Yeah I was surprised I really wasent expecting a response for at least another week which is why I bought the Maruzen mag (which i was going to anyways)... Now my question is do I want to spend my 180 dollars left on upgrading the ICS m4 to a true OA M16 or do I want to do some fun filled L96 Improving.

Well I bit the bullet and bought the UTG version...

Free shipping because it was a 150 dollar order from Pyramyd Air (NOT Pyramyd Airsoft...it's apparently a different business), which was the gun and a pair of S&W safety glasses, which were only a dollar more than the shipping would have cost if I hadn't have bought them (11.50 versus 10.50).

I also have a scope and rings at home that aren't being used, so I guess there's no point to buy one with a scope. Not like a 6X+ scope is really useful on an airsoft gun anyway...

But I'll make comments on whether it seems like a quality gun, although I can't compare it to the other versions.

Hopefully I'll get to use it next weekend if it seems like it's accurate enough.

I'm going to be furious if it's based on the BE version (plastic sub-frame).

Hey when you get that... you HAVE to let us know.  :)

Well I took mine out today for some smaller games and managed to get two people (unfortunately both head shots from about 230 feet) in 20 rounds. I'm fairly pleased overall. Something finally broke and thats the added safety next to the bolt. It snapped off. Thats ok though I rarely use it. My other gripe is that the gun's rail is off, for the life of me I cant zero my gun left and right. Its a bit of a problem for me as I'd like to have it all lined up and everything.

Thought i'd bring this thread back up with 2 questions.

The main one i have that is holding me back from buying the gun is if i can repair this gun like a normal high end gun. I mean that if/when something finally breaks, will i be able to find parts to fix it so that my money doesn't go to waste.

My second question is how much does it weigh in pounds. I want to compare it to my TM G36C to see how heavy it will be to use at a long game. I'm sure its somewhere in these 66 pages, but since im asking the first question, i might as well add this.

My second question is how much does it weigh in pounds. I want to compare it to my TM G36C to see how heavy it will be to use at a long game. I'm sure its somewhere in these 66 pages, but since im asking the first question, i might as well add this.

I just got a TSD L96 (Warrior 1) from pyramydairsoft & I'm a bit dissapointed in it's quality since mine didn't work out of the box. It was jamming on good BB's. I suspect it's the brass part that's fitted on top of the cylinder that loads the BB & directs the air. It seemed that it was bent slightly so it wasn't aligned with the barrel prefectly & rubbing against the hopup unit. I disassembled it & tried to straighten it with a wrench but broke it it instead. :angry: Have access to manual lathes & mills so I might try to fudge something up though they don't do metric threading. :huh: The mags were also a tight fit & wouldn't released properly, but after the dissembly & reassembly it's loose now. The outer barrel doesn't sit even on the stock leaving a noticiable gap on one side. The supplied scope with my copy was by JBU & I can't figure out how to focus it since it's only in focus at the 3x setting. Rotating the eyebell out doesn't doing anything. The plastic stock feels cheap, but seems solid. A composite like the one used in my CA G36K would've felt nicer.

Btw, mine weighs 8 lbs 11 oz or 3920 grams with scope & mag.

tsdl961.jpg

tsdl962.jpg

tsdl963.jpg

Just a point - the REAL L96 barrel doesn't touch the reciever - it's completely free-floated from the chamber block to give better accuracy.

The real one also fires real ammo and has a chamber bigger than the size of a 6mm BB.

I guess it was just too expensive for them to make the Warrior identical to the real thing. I think it costs something like £5,000 as well so you can understand there being some differences. :)

Archived