Chinese made L96A1

gunner-airsoft

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this the one you got from pyramidairsoft?

pyramidairsoft l96

If that's it, let me know if it's latest version of warrior l96. I think i have finally found an American retailer, no more importing wooo.

I don't know if it's the latest version, but I measured mine with calipers & gage pins (only .237 fits) so it seems that their warriors come with tightbore barrels. I was able to fix mine so that it shoots now & the mag fits loose too. Still the barrel seems slightly off angle with the receiver & definately with the stock. I bought from pyramydair because they had the best price, in stock, & free shipping over $150. They shipped the gun with FedEx & canceled my original order because of the Chicago address. I placed another order using a coworkers suburban addy with no problem.

I just got mine today from Pyramyd Airsoft.

I've never held a Warrior 1, but the UTG feels great, looks great, and shoots pretty damn fast, but I don't have a chrono, or .20s to really give a PMC test...

Need to get a scope before I can test accuracy. (have one at home...)

And you just need to shim the scope mount to get the scope sighted in. Even real guns have this issue some times.

The only ironic part is just how short the inner barrel is compared to the length of the gun (which is GIGANTIC...much bigger than the average hunting rifle, thickness-wise).

I just got a TSD L96 (Warrior 1) from pyramydairsoft & I'm a bit dissapointed in it's quality since mine didn't work out of the box. It was jamming on good BB's. I suspect it's the brass part that's fitted on top of the cylinder that loads the BB & directs the air. It seemed that it was bent slightly so it wasn't aligned with the barrel prefectly & rubbing against the hopup unit. I disassembled it & tried to straighten it with a wrench but broke it it instead.

Shame you didn't ask here first. A couple of us had the same problem and resolved it by loosening the grub screw that retains the outer barrel which was done up far too tight. Yours might have been worse than that though

just some news for you guys.

one ACMgamer here in RP has developed a machined sear housing and sear. he's starting to take orders. another has developed a better piston; better cylinder on the way. less costly than the upgrade components currently available. may offer the products for sale outside the ACMgames community, i've heard.

cheers,

zT :assassin:

I don't know if it's the latest version, but I measured mine with calipers & gage pins (only .237 fits) so it seems that their warriors come with tightbore barrels. I was able to fix mine so that it shoots now & the mag fits loose too. Still the barrel seems slightly off angle with the receiver & definately with the stock.  I bought from pyramydair because they had the best price, in stock, & free shipping over $150. They shipped the gun with FedEx & canceled my original order because of the Chicago address.  I placed another order using a coworkers suburban addy with no problem.

Hmm, but I wonder how many of the guns have barrels that are at least as tight as 6.02...

Either way, that's pretty sweet...

I'm glad I bought a UTG because of that...

hi all.

this is my first post here.

i bought a warrior1 not too long ago and with the help of all the posts up here (a big thank you!!), i fixed the empty mag indicator, reinforced the trigger housing, fixed the hop-up unit for better performance, painted and even installed a dummy magwell like the real rifle.

however!

i can't seem to unscrew the cylinder head. i stuck in a longnose plier through the two holes on top and tried to unscrew the cap but it won't budge at all. there seems to be a screw like thing on the side of the cylinder just under the head which looks to have been filed off. maybe it's there to lock the head in place and prevent it being unscrewed. any ideas?

the box the gun came in is black in color and it says mb-01 but on the upper receiver, has warrior 1 stamped on. is this the second batch? i'm wondering if the cylinder head can't be unscrewed on this particular model.

anyhow, has anyone else had this same problem?

I got my shipment from leapers to day, so here the facts on the utg L96

Aloy sub frame-confirmed. metal but i don't belive is alumlition it seams to be a zink alloy like the receiver of the gun(nonmagnetic)

Tight bore barrel-confirmed. "ruffly" 6.04

non working cocked indicator- needs the same tweek as the Warrior1

come with the same plastic rod for unjaming BBs.. IE no tip to use it as a cleaning rod.

all an all it looks like a V2/3 warrior, same good points, same bugs

however

I am a little creaped out on the clinder head, it does aperer to be different. In the 2 I opened today, it looks like it should unscrew, but it looks like there is also a locking pin in it :blink::blink: and there is a rubber seal in the cylinder head that I haven't seen on picts of the warrior

Its this a trait of the V2/V3 warrior 1?

or did leapers have this done for there run. laibalty reastions maby? proof that the manafaturer didn't intend for the gun to be upgraded??

sadly this might cripple the UTG gun for easy up grades

Thanks for the info Gunfighters. Can you take out the cylinder head and post pictures. Maybe someone can confirm the differences, or maybe you can see if you can replace either of these parts yourself and tell us if it can be done.

The MB-01 is the DE approach to the L96 IIRC. The cylinder head lock does not sound promising. The W1 doesn't have that.

I have a PDI in my L96. The use of 6.03 prometheus barrel is great feature. The desing of the hopup unit, in general, is poor. The use of 2 levers and independet screws is a bad baaaaad idea. I need to pay extra attention to make sure both tiny little screw were screwed the exact same amount. Also the movement of the lever is extremely small.

The pro is that you can set the hop very fine.

The con is that it behaves like a fixed hopup. I need to find a bucking that creates just enough hop without setting the unit. PDI included a solid rubber buckig, which is just wide enough to apply hop on its own, without the AEG hopup rubber. Right now it works like this:

Take it apart. Take a piece of insulation from a wire. Assemble it. Try it in the hopup: Too much at 0 setting.

Take it apart. Find a new one. Assemble it. Try it in hopup: No hop at maximum.

Take it apart. Find a new one. Assemble it. Kinda OK (meaning no BB sent to orbit). Set the hop to minimum. Still overhops. Take it apart and shred a fraction of mm off the already tiny bucking. Still overhops. Take it apart, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....................

I have it for some time now and I was unable to create a good flat trajectory. Some setups were close, but not right. I have a plan to bin the PDI hopup levers and create a new, metal, single piece lever with a V (or H?) shape in it, like found on an MP7 or VSR10. Also I maybe drill a hole onto the outer barrel just over the lever, and add a screw. This way I could set the hopup WAAAAAY easier and allow more movemet for the lever.

I'm not thrilled with the PDI unit. The only pro at the moment is the use of standard AEG barrel and hopup rubber. Hardly worth 60$.

Thanks for the info guys. So I guess mine's the DE version...

Anyways, here's a picture of my rifle and my stock cylinder. I painted my rifle using 2 cans of Tamiya TS-61 Nato Green spray paint and using a TM m14 lowcap mag, had a fake mag-well installed as well. Fake mag-well installation idea courtesy of rm45.com

As you can see on the second image, there's a screw like thing embedded on the side of the cylinder and I think it's there to lock the cylinder head and prevent it from being unscrewed. I suppose other clone models don't have that and it would also mean that if I were to upgrade my parts, I can forget about keeping the stock cylinder! :(

My gun chronoed 480 with 0.2g BB's out-of-the-box and I've been test-firing with 0.36g BB's but they fly only about 30 meters or so before dropping like dead flies. I guess they're way too heavy for my stock set-up and I'm opting for 0.30g BB's but haven't bought them yet. Also, my shots tend to get very erradic every 3-4 shots and I'm thinking of getting Laylax's Aero Hop-up Chamber unit plus a tightbore barrel soon. I wonder if they're any good. Has anyone tried this unit? I hear you can use standard hop-up buckings and standard AEG barrels on it.

I hate to spend more money than the price of the gun itself but it looks like I don't have much of a choice since it's better than having a target in my sights and hitting nothing but air. All guns and parts are almost 3 times more expensive here in Korea than other countries which I think is total BS!!!!!!! :angry:

post-30999-1173453658_thumb.jpg

Archived