Chinese made L96A1

gunner-airsoft

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think ill ask him if the MB-01s actually have the Metal Subframe.

EDIT: Wait, i know what the subframe looks like, but where is it on the gun? is it pretty much the magwell? or is it something completely different

The subframe is the metal block inside the receiver (plastic gun body) that holds down the upper receiver (bolt, cylinder, barrel, mag catch etc.) in place with two big screws. The magwell is attached to the outer barrel and has nothing to do with the subframe. Unless you're talking about the fake magwell which is attached to the subframe (see my post above). :)

I own an MB-01 and yes, it's made of metal. I forgot which but there's a model where the subframe is made of plastic (search back a few pages).

Following my earlier disappointment with the L96, I lent it to my sniper-teammate (who has a magic touch on guns, or so it seems). He filed around 3mm off the end of the nozzle, and did a few minor tightenings here and there, but it has improved the accuracy of the rifle drastically.

Although its still not amazing, I can hit an A4 target pretty much every time at 40m with very few fliers. The rifle doesn't jam randomly any more either. Our theory is that the nozzle was slightly too long due to poor quality control, and it was pressing the chambered BB right up onto the hop bucking, causing dodgy accuracy. No wonder the hop-up often seemed to have no effect.

As a result of this kind work, I now have a capable sniper rifle, and despite absolutely filthy weather, scope fogging and an early finish, I scored my first kill with the gun yesterday :) a center mass hit at around 50m.

About the aero-chamber hop-up, he couldn't get it to fit either, so we've had to revert to using the original which isnt too bad I suppose. I'm going to buy a tightbore AEG barrel for it soon (when I have the money) and hopefully we will be able to find a way to attach the mag catch assembly to the barrel so I can use the new hop-up.

edit: I sprayed and ghillied it too :)

L96ghilliedsidecopy.jpg

Thanks rewez. The ghillie is a LOT more weathered now I skirmished with it ;) Trust me, the weather was not pretty. I'm looking forward to next time as I had scope-fogging to deal with this time.

I think I'm going to have to adopt a different play style, as at the moment I'm getting myself too close to use it a lot of the time...

Okay, looking for a bit of help here. I just got my UTG L96 the other day. The trajectory of the bb is nice and flat out to about 120 feet then it hooks right. What is the deal with that? What can I do to fix it?

Also, do they still have a problem where you need to put a washer under the front of the scope rail so the scope sits level?

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, I found the problem. 

Anyway, I've done a full review of the UTG version of the L96 (haven't seen many on here looking at the UTG version).  If you want to read it, check my website:

http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/revie...ops-sniper-l96/

Excellent review! :D

Lots of interesting articles on your blog, btw. :)

I thought the warrior was different to the UTG/DE one ? lol man all this rebranding is confusing :)

There are three L96s made by chinese companies.

1) The WARRIOR by WELL

2) The MB-01 by DE

3) The M13 by BE

1 and 2 are pretty much the same - I reckon from the same factory, as almost all the parts are the same - except the MB-01 comes with more accessories, such as a pistol loader, a RIS bipod and a tri-rail bipod pin thing.

Both 1 and 2 have metal subframes in the body - that's very important - as it helps stability and hence accuracy. 1 and 2 both come at about 500-odd fps out of the box.

3 has a plastic subframe, and is only about 450fps out of the box. The quality in general is also worse.

UTG chose the DE (number 2) as, for the same price, it has accessories, and UTG and DE have long running ties - having rebranded the DE shotguns, AKs, M14s, M50s (which UTG called the M324), the MP001 series and so on.

There's also a AICS style offering from WELL, which is pretty much a MP001 clone with a L96 shaped stock and body.

There are three L96s made by chinese companies.

1) The WARRIOR by WELL

2) The MB-01 by DE

3) The M13 by BE

<SNIP>

UTG chose the DE (number 2) as, for the same price, it has accessories, and UTG and DE have long running ties - having rebranded the DE shotguns, AKs, M14s, M50s (which UTG called the M324), the MP001 series and so on.

:zorro:

Gotta love Darklite for taking the time to catalogue all these chinese guns. )

I've heard several people saying the PDI hop-up isn't worth the effort.

The main benefit of it is that it allows you to use AEG barrels. I'm pretty sure that an AEG barrel could be modified to work with the L96 hop-up anyway.

I must admit, I haven't taken mine to bits for ages. Since fitting it with my DIY V-hop it's shot very well.

I seem to recall that there are a bunch of fiddly bits in the L96 hop up that, if you decided to fit an AEG barrel, you'd probably just end up binning.

Archived