Warning Boomarms - HK based dealer

logmemory

Me and a friend ordered some things in september 2004, from the company www.boomarms.com , who deals in airsoftrelated gear. They did not however send us all of the things that we had ordered and payed for. Since September 04 they have promised us that we will get our things -

we will sent out your package within this two days and inform you the trucking no. B.Rdg

Boomarms airsoft

This was in September 04 and that´s all we´ve heard from them. They refuse to answer any of my mails on any of their mail adresses, In my opinion, they are not a trustworthy company.

We have also been in telephone contact with them, but whatever promises the´ve made, nothing has happened. All in all they owe us 290 USD. Usually the Hong Kong based dealers are very good and serviceminded, unfortunately this is not the case for boomarms, so be warned.

Boom arms are a great company.

However, if some hard to get hold of items are ordered, and they don't have them in stock it may take a while for them to find them, but they will.

My mate had an HK M4 body on order for 2 months (when the first batch was produced, they were hard to get after a few weeks) but he got it in the end.

If your really P***ed off just ask for a refund.

Hope all turns out well!

ED

• 1 month later...

Well here is a update on this sad story

On january 26:th I got a mail where Boomarms said how sorry they where about the trouble with my order,

if you are still interesing the Crane stock, we can send to you at once!!!

Once again, sorry for the confused and wrong calculation.

B.Rdg

Boomarms

Fine, do that I replied, and since then, nothing has happened. It´s been six months since the order was made. I really can´t understand the difficulty in sending me the missing goods or giving me a refund. I have written at least 20 mails to them on their different adresses without any reply.

In all fairness, I've heard nothing but good things about boom arms from those who I know who have dealt with them. I myself am looking forward to buying from them soon, and hope for my sake that yours is an unfortunate exception to the rule...:(

• 5 weeks later...

In all fairness I have waited 7 months now, and it´s been a month again since I last heard from them. This is clearly a fraud and I am going to contact the police and ask them to help me. Something is very wrong with Boomarms, very wrong indeed.

• 2 months later...

Well all I can say with parting with US$ 999.00 for a LR300 from Boom Arms was that the internals were just run of the mill stuff, the hop up was knackered and basically the gun that I had purchased last year, 1 of 50 which was a heap of poo. Had to fix it myself and spend more money even though I had false promises of receiving the extra parts etc etc from them. They must think most ppl abroad are complete R Soles ! Bad for business for them !

On things like that, they can pivot from anymore trade from me and I spend big with the Hong Kong boys. Will stick to WGC and Cobra Airsoft as they know how to look after customers for repeat business. Looking at my Paypal account, spent with the above companies in last 24 months, the good ones that is in excess of £16 K ! Shame Boomarms won't see anymore of my money and I have advised my pals to steer clear of them. So that is good publicity for them !

Happy Airsofting !

Fair enough. You've had a bad experience, which is unfortunate. Don't get arsey just because other people haven't. Such things don't make you many friends on places like this.

Don't get arsey?

The guy's been conned out of $290. I think he has every right to get arsey.

You've only got to look around these forums to see that everybody from Clarence Lai to Tokyo Hobby employ the same tactics of simply not answering the phone and ignoring emails from customers.

Just because a bunch of people have had good dealings with a company it is no more excusable that somebody has a bad experience.

F*ck me, it's really simple:- If they don't have your item in stock they shouldn't debit your card. That's how Brit mail-order companies work. If a HK based airsoft retailer debits your card for an item they haven't got then they're conning you.

Telling the guy not to get arsey just because other people haven't complained about BA is like telling him to suck it up and accept it, that he's just some kind of acceptable loss.

Wow, this is a blast from the past. Someone's trying to give me a sound telling off for a two-month old post? :rolleyes:

Please re-read the post, Sid. I don't particularly want to get into a drawn out dispute over something so trivial, and dare I say it, so old, so I'll leave at this: the comment was in response to the poster's unecessary response just because myself and Kronic had dared to comment that we'd had good deals with Boomarms.

Now if you're going to pick faults with my posts, could you at least please pick something I can remember writing? :)

Wow, this is a blast from the past. Someone's trying to give me a sound telling off for a two-month old post?  :rolleyes:

Please re-read the post, Sid. I don't particularly want to get into a drawn out dispute over something so trivial, and dare I say it, so old, so I'll leave at this: the comment was in response to the poster's unecessary response just because myself and Kronic had dared to comment that we'd had good deals with Boomarms.

Now if you're going to pick faults with my posts, could you at least please pick something I can remember writing? :)

Sorry. I didn't realise there was a statute of limitations on being insensitive. ;)

The problem with forums is that comments remain around for as long as people care to read them.

I happened to be looking through this forum and found your comments to be a bit obtuse.

• 1 month later...

And since this seems to be an ever going task, I take the opportunity to inform you of Boomarms latest adventures. Since it was quite clear that I never was going to get any of the missing things, I decided to go along with their terms to save atleast part of the money.

1) They suddenly remembered that they forgot to charge 50 usd for shipping (in september 2004, but did not ever mention this in any mail until May 2005), In the order list they sent me, so that I could check which items we had ordered and recieved, there is no mention of a missing shipping cost. In all of our mails I do not find any trace of a shipping cost of 50 usd.

I agreed to pay the shipping and that they could withdraw that from their debt. (I guess that 8 months of waiting and endless e-mails without answer doesn´t qualify for any shipping discount?

2) We got a special price for each of the three Crane stock sets we bought. We only recieved one (with pieces missing). Boomarms said in their last mail:

"the 30% discounted offer of Prime's crane stock was only for the 3 pieces

bundle purchased. I found that the qty. was only one to you finally. So THERE

IS NO SPECIAL DEAL SUCH AS THIS SITUATION while the amount was not matched the required."

I really thought that after all this time that they could offer us the discount price for each set since we waited all this time, but it seems not.

In order to settle this once and for all, I asked them to pay us the rest which by their calculations adds upp to 135 usd.

I sent them an e-mail about this and recieved the answer on may 25:th that:

"Our Director took the Trip in Japan at this 2 weeks & will come back on Next

Monday & reply your message ASAP."

Well, now it´s been 8 weeks and apparently he´s still on vacation since I get no response from any of my e-mails.

I will keep you updated...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
I ordered from boomarms 3 days ago and they sent me an email which didnt include the shipping price or how to pay them with paypal. Does ne one know their paypal email. also should I wait for them to reply to my emails and send me a full quote?

Yes you should wait and get the exact total including shipping and their instructions for paypal direct from Boomarms. You only received their automated reply to the fact you created an order.

I think it's rather harsh to have posted this here, since this sounds as standard operating procedures for Boom. Their reply may have simply gotten lost by either fault on yours or their end. Just shoot Johnny an email order@boomarms.com. I could see this as being a problem if you sent money and didn't get product. But this seems to be just simple miscommunication. I've had Boom, WGC, UNCo, GnG an Den all not email back quotes with shipping, I just resubmitted the orders.

• 1 year later...

Last week I asked BoomArms to make me a custom WA 92FS with Prime kit.

I specifically asked them to base it on a WA 92fs in black. Yesterday I received the custom 92fs, but they did not base it on the 92Fs but on the WA Elite.

So the rear sight and magazine are different plus it has no lanyard loop.

I said well ok let see how she performs, first I had to rack the slide back to get the magazine out (the magazine would not go out by just pushing the mag release). And once I gassed it up and fired it, it only fired in full auto. (I used green). I fired it several times but I just keeps shooting on full auto. The gun also has a bad trigger response...

Now what do you think I should do ask for a refund, send the gun back or what? Of course I already contacted the owner of the shop and explained the problem. He told me the gun smith double checked it before shipment and he said he feel sorry for using the Elite, but he claimed that was the only left on the market...(strange since they are an airsoft shop).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived