Town Assault 4 - Operation Hammerstrike II

Hoppum

Havoc did you got to TA2?

personaly if they iron out the FEW problems they did have, which judging from the plans they do pretty much know what they need to do, i think £120 is fair. althought id rather pay about £100 (as i put in the poll) due to travel costs from here not being cheap and buying other bits of kit to fit the weekend of gaming.

TA2 was a great weekend and well worth the £75 i think i paid. £120 isnt ALOT of money, yeh its alot for a skirmish maybe, but this isnt a skirmish, this is Town Assault 4 baby !

lol !

hey now :D

TA2 was a 4 day trip for me man, had to take a ferry to the UK on friday just to get there in time, and i don't feel like traveling back all that way  right after the event lol ! i need a good bath/meal/drink/bed before even trying to attempt that :P

so :P

He speaks the truth - most of teh coa dogs slept* in the field! Unlike the Lame rebels who went off to B&B's for the night! I think only about 30 rebels stayed over lol!

* I only got about 30mins sleep - The spec forces let me join them for the night! That was my bestest memoires of TA2!

i'be been talked into going to this now, so here comes the overtime at work :P only think i need is gear and a M16VN, so i'm expecting total costs to come to $1000 for all the new equiptment, and then t itself, and DAMIIT IT BETTER BE GOOD :P

M16VN, planning on going as Big Boss?

actually, no, i dont think that the straps around his crotch would be to comfy for a 24hr game, although the M16VN will have to have a name change to XM16E1 shortly after i get it, and add a paintjob and a few other small mods, but it will be my first AEG :D so i dont want to break it before TA4 :P

Latest TA4 News.....

Unfortunately, after talks with the MOD, it would seem unlikely that we will know of any dates this side of Christmas. Our contact will be pushing to secure a weekend during late May/early June.

As for the price. After reviewing the poll on ASCUK and listening very carefully to the opinion offered, it is now highly likely that the ticket price will be £95 per person.

Ian ... out :)

£95?

That's less than £4 a week to put away.

Most people, even students..no wait! Mostly students, p#ss more than that away every week anyway :P

I personally would have paid the £120 without even flinching, not because I'm rich (I'm not...not by a long way. 4 kids and a huge mortgage sees to that :angry::D ) but because TA2 was the most amazing thing I've ever been involved in. No question.

I know there were some problems but it didn't detract from the overall experience for me.

As for the lighting idea, for me, the best part of the event was the almost total darkness during the night hours. I had a brilliant time with a small group (10-12) in the first few really dark hours. Then I went out on my own for an hour or so, great experience.

Whatever you finally decide on Ian, I'm sure it'll be fantastic again.

Will the TA2 'vets' get the first 'dibs' on places? ;):D

£95?

That's less than £4 a week to put away.

Most people, even students..no wait! Mostly students, p#ss more than that away every week anyway :P

I personally would have paid the £120 without even flinching, not because I'm rich (I'm not...not by a long way. 4 kids and a huge mortgage sees to that :angry:  :D ) but because TA2 was the most amazing thing I've ever been involved in. No question.

I know there were some problems but it didn't detract from the overall experience for me.

As for the lighting idea, for me, the best part of the event was the almost total darkness during the night hours. I had a brilliant time with a small group (10-12) in the first few really dark hours. Then I went out on my own for an hour or so, great experience.

Whatever you finally decide on Ian, I'm sure it'll be fantastic again.

Will the TA2 'vets' get the first 'dibs' on places? ;)  :D

Thanks Docv400 ;)

Will have to consider however if TA2 vets get first 'dibs'.

Archived