My TMP is broke!

TerranCmdr

Okay, so the bolt on my TMP will only go half way forward. It sounds like it's hitting something, which leads me to believe there may be a BB or something stuck under it. I can't see anything under there though and nothing is rattling. I tried to take it apart, but to remove the barrel assembly you have to move the bolt forward! It also won't go forward far enough for me to take the recoil spring and guide out. I'm probably going to take it to AEX but I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hang on, the bolt wont move far enough forward for you to take the recoil spring out?...

how is that possible?

take the upper receiver off. theres a flat head screw at the front, enscrew that, then simply press the recoil spring guide thingy at the back and the top should come off no probs. check it for any obstuctions and the like, make sure its well lubed.

NEVER EVER EVER TAKE THE BOLT OFF.

EVER.

or you'll spend the next 4 days wondering why the *fruitcage* you did, and swearing at it repeatedly, and being very tempted to throw the wholet hing at the nearest wall...

trust me... i know :(<_<

K, so here's the pics:

Here you can see it all together, the bolt doesn't even make it halfway

tmp1.jpg

The top off, showing where the bolt is stopped

tmp2.jpg

This is how far back the bolt goes

tmp3.jpg

And this is demonstrating why I can't take out the recoil spring (The guide is getting stopped by the top part of the bolt)

tmp4.jpg

In the upper slide, there is a loading muzzle (it slides into the hopup chamber after it swipes a BB out of the magazine)... On some guns the loading muzzle likes to stick, or break, and create an issue.

On my TM P226 a piece inside the loading muzzle (a valve blocker) broke off, and restricted the loading muzzle from sliding all the way back.

Somewhat like where you are stuck now.

I could take a look at it if you don't want to pay AEX to look at it. I live in south san jose.

NEVER EVER EVER TAKE THE BOLT OFF.

EVER.

or you'll spend the next 4 days wondering why the *fruitcage* you did, and swearing at it repeatedly, and being very tempted to throw the wholet hing at the nearest wall...

trust me... i know  :(  <_<

What in the world are you talking about? The gun is field strippable. You can take the bolt off and on within 10 seconds.

trust me... i know

Loading muzzle?  Sorry I'm not quite familiar with that terminology. (noob at gas guns)

The engine. The little black thingey inside the bolt that actually makes contact with the BB to get it outta the mag and has the redirected gas thingey that has gas come out to shoot the BB. Push it back into the bolt and see if it moves forward. If it doesn't move all the way back, or the bolt still doesn't move forward it sounds like you have a BB stuck in there.

Okay, well I took it to AEX today, and they said there's nothing they can do for it. They said it's basically *fruitcage*ed. But I'm not ready to give up so easily. Here's a pic from the bottom, i don't really see how that's going to help but here it is anyway.

tmp5.jpg

1. This is a KSC

2. TMPs are extremely hard to find now

3. The TM TMP will be an AEP, which I might buy

Other than that, the KSC is a nice gun, but I would suggest using duster gas in it, Sean at AEX told me today that TMPs don't take green so well, but this is the only time I've had a catastrophic failure with it. I say if you can find a new one somewhere, go for it. They're a blast.

Thanks TC, I wanted that pic so I could see exactly where all the parts were relative to each other.

I'm still stumped but I'll have a crack at the problem tonight.

Should be able to do something for you.

Stunt.

P.S. I know it is stupid but the loading muzzle seems to have stopped just at the hop, it is probably that the piston head has turned inside out and is getting caught on the cylinder (I'll check tonight) but did you check to see if you had a barrel obstruction?

What in the world are you talking about? The gun is field strippable. You can take the bolt off and on within 10 seconds.

trust me... i know

By 'bolt' do you mean the large lump of metal which flies back and forwards when you fire? if so, then we probably have different TMP's. my TMP's bolt is definately NOT field strippable. i wouldn't even call the upper receiver field strippable... you need one of those tiny flat head screw drivers.

Anyway, the TMP problem. I think you'd bne best to try and take the bolt off, somehow. there is a guide on how to do it somewhere, if you can't find it i'll email it to you :)

then you need to check the internals to see if its the piston head thingy (im not to great on internal internals :( )

AEX is f**king retarded.

Take a small, tiny diameter screw driver, cock the bolt all the way back, insert it through the magwell. There's a big metal trapezoid under the bolt that needs to be pressed down. After it's pressed down, KEEP THE SCREWDRIVER IN, and push the bolt forward. If it still won't clear, re-adjust the screwdriver and try again.

First, Plasticmag. Do you mean this piece of metal?

Trapezoid.jpg

If so, here is a pic to help you TC.

If not, can you give me a part number for the bit you do mean or a description of it's function and I will take a photo of it.

I had a look at all the photos you posted TC and your bolt and loading muzzle are in this position relative to each other, right?.

Bolt.jpg

if they are and they are stuck then the borrom view is this:

Bottomviewofloadingmuzzle.jpg

The white part is our favourite, the notoriously fragile piston head, as you can see the position of the two parts where they jam is exactly the same position where the parts would jam if the piston head blew itself inside out and jammed on the edge of the loading muzzle.

if your problem is not solved by Plasticmag's suggestion I think it is fair to assume the piston head has blown.

You can still strip your TMP from this position but you will need to risk bending the bolt runners as you will have to remove the bolt at an angle. The other option is that you just force the bolt forward and finish off the piston head completely then strip it as normal.

Stunt

amateurstuntman is the TMP master mate I know from first hand experience. Give his suggestions a go first, but also check to see that the mag catch is not damaged/worn.

I had what sounds like a similar problem with mine. Which ended up being caused by me inserting the mag in the wrong way round on one occasion and damaging the mag catch. This in turn meant that the mag would not sit level i nthe gun and caused the bolt to jam and the gun to mis-feed. Sadly the only fix I know of is a new mag catch

Archived