My TMP is broke!

TerranCmdr

Could be a combination of a recoil spring that is too hard plus a rocket valve that isn't moving properly.

Hold the nozzle in your fingers and shake it back and fourth, the rocket valve should click in and out freely.

Add to that a recoil spring that looks pretty beefy, a potentially knackered hop rubber and the chance that the top of the piston head could be cracked and you've the TMP unhappy triad.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you, my topic reply subscription thing is set up incorrectly.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be a combination of a recoil spring that is too hard plus a rocket valve that isn't moving properly.

Hold the nozzle in your fingers and shake it back and fourth, the rocket valve should click in and out freely.

Add to that a recoil spring that looks pretty beefy, a potentially knackered hop rubber and the chance that the top of the piston head could be cracked and you've the TMP unhappy triad.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you, my topic reply subscription thing is set up incorrectly.

first of all, thanks for your thoughts.

8:15 am

the recoils spring is 2/3 of a kjw metal para ordnance spring and the bolt goes all the way back to the buffer (at least i'm pretty sure it does judging from the noise)

8:20 am

then again thats intersting.. i just removed the spring completely and shot a mag full of bbs by moving the bolt forward manually and ever shot went off as supposed. might be an indicator that it really is the spring - right?

8:30 am

well i just shortened the spring by another 5 coils - now its just a little longer (almost decompressed when bolt is forward) than the spring guide

8:45 am

at least for 2 mags, everything worked really awesome. i tried it with greengas now, what do you guess would happen with red? will it still work or will the spring now be too weak?

anyways, thanks for your help, i would have never thought about the spring being too strong

cheers,alex

I'm going to try and get some pics.  Hang on.

*edit*

*snip*

That's an interesting proposition you got there. I'm really liking it. I really hope you can pull this off!!! We know you can, just it might take longer than we'd like.

had the same pervy idea, fixed the stock-tube thing to the upper shell

*snip*

looks better without artificial flashilght

now for somehting completely different..

lately i have problems with this little princess. when i load  and gas up a mag, put it in and fire some shots the bolt does 3 or 4 cycles without bbs flying out (sometimes they just roll out though), then a proper shot (with either 3 bbs if the earlier ones are still in the barrel or just the one with proper speed), then again 3 or 4 crappy ones

any idea why?

Your SPP looks like it's in pain lol. How'd you attach it? Epoxy the entire thing on? How do you remove your upper reciever from the gun to service it?

I kind of scrapped/placed-on-hold that hi-cap/m4stock conversion as obtaining a TMP mag at the moment is a little more painful that I would like. I actually have some really persistant ideas of a SPP to P90 sized bullpup conversion. But I haven't even drafted my ideas yet (too lazy to move my butt to a suitable drawing location lol). But we'll see...

Your SPP looks like it's in pain lol. How'd you attach it? Epoxy the entire thing on? How do you remove your upper reciever from the gun to service it?

hehe. yeah. it is in pain :D

its fixed with 2 screws and then epoxied. needs some cleaning and smoothing but its rock solid and doesn't influence functionality.

i undo the front screw from the upper, then tilt the front upwards. no big deal, never liked the "press on the spring guide" version much ... :D

The gun would self-destruct most likely. The piston head won't take red for more than a few mags probably.

i used it with a shortened guide rod and the stock recoil spring for about a year on redgas (3 bottles of the stuff) without a single problem.

Except that now your gun isn't working properly.

I'd check the rocket valve, it has to be able to move totally freely, if not you loose a lot of blowback power and have massive inconsistency to your shots.

Even a crack in the piston head will give you intermittent problems.

I have seen a few guys who run red gas have their piston head last ages and some where it explodes on the first shot. I guess there is a lot of inconsistency in their manufacture.

Except that now your gun isn't working properly.

I'd check the rocket valve, it has to be able to move totally freely, if not you loose a lot of blowback power and have massive inconsistency to your shots.

Even a crack in the piston head will give you intermittent problems.

I have seen a few guys who run red gas have their piston head last ages and some where it explodes on the first shot.  I guess there is a lot of inconsistency in their manufacture.

the rocket valve is moving freely, at least thats the impression i have, looks like new too. buuuut you were right about the pistonhead.

pistonhead.jpg

so i am the next one on the waiting list for your new piston

thanks for your help. i really hope you can produce that stuff soon.

cheers,alex

edit:

maybe you can find assistance here

We can manufacture your components using your designs/drawings or we can put our Engineers to work on your project to meet your specifications

Contact No 09218297865

+632 7700249

email: azrproducts_ph@yahoo.com

found that <here>

Archived