Your Airsoft Obsession

Connery

I know I'm not alone with this:

You are obsessed with Airsoft. Someone you know looks down at you, saying you're wasting your money. Then you look at them wasting their money on something else.

As for me, it would be my mother. She thinks that my Airsoft hobby is a waste of money. I just remind her about her chestload of glass jewelry that she doesn't wear. :blink:

I know I'm not alone with this:

You are obsessed with Airsoft.  Someone you know looks down at you, saying you're wasting your money.  Then you look at them wasting their money on something else.

As for me, it would be my mother.  She thinks that my Airsoft hobby is a waste of money.  I just remind her about her chestload of glass jewelry that she doesn't wear. :blink:

Well my wife has been extremely supportive... every Christmas, my birthday or any other special occasion, she makes sure I have a new toy!!! :P One of the reasons for her behavior is that I also love real steel and I can only speculate that she prefers to have toy guns around the house than real ones

Anybody that has come to our house has been in shock when they see so many guns, :blink: the obvious first question they ask is Are they real??? after a while they get over the first impression and I can tell you that there has been more than one guy that has ask me if they can take one home and will return it later... <_<

(yeah sure!!!)

I like to show my guns, and like to let people try them I honestly can say that nobody so far has dislike them...

I think my brother wants to come skirmishing with me next time. My parents don't seem to mind too much if I don't tell them how much it costs.

I wonder i they'll buy me a tac vest for my birthday? hmm

I can't wait to point out they've been to Ireland, to a cottage on the south coast for 3 weeks this year and they're going to Oz for a month next easter. :D

• 4 weeks later...

one of my friends said i was wasting my money until i actually let him SHOOT one of the guns. now he's looking to buy one :rolleyes:

my parents really dont care, but sometimes they say "why do you get them, you barely ever go to games" which i reply to "some people collect..."

once my dad said "you shouldnt spend so much on BB guns" which i'd reply to "you shouldnt spend so much on cigarettes" now he hasnt complained about me wasting money anymore :)

Same here, parents are always asking "So have you finished spending money on airsoft yet?" to which I simply answer "No! STFU already!" Nah jus kiddin', they don't seem to mind so much just so long as I lie about how much it costs ie. Took delivery of an order I placed with WGC not long ago consisting of ICS S.I.R, 5 G&P mid-caps, 5 bags of Orange tracer rounds to accompany a tracer (Which was out of stock :( So I got one second hand) Plus shipping, tax, customs etc. Total = about £250, Dad asks "How much it cost?", "£30" I tell him, "Okay" he say, "Have fun"... Sucker :P

Does anyone here seriously think they'll EVER finish spending money on airsoft?

If I join the army... maybe I'll just turn up the range and fire away with the real things...

another plus with being in the army is that you get discounts when you buy cars!!!!! woooohoo!

tax or something... B)

My dad used to moan alot about me buying guns (in general not just airsoft) but then he started a hobby of collecting hunting knives :blink: and then had the cheak of saying that i'd never use them!!!!!

His knives sit...in his sock draw... venturing out only for show and to be sharpened.

Pointless.... YES <_<

I own a fair few guns.... not as many as some but i have my fair share but they all get used :rolleyes: unlike someones knives i know!!!!!

Below one of my pride and joys :) and some of me dads sharp things :huh:

*AL*

airsoft for me has been a very interesting financial endeavor..... but it's airsoft, so it's all good :D

People have razzed me about spending so much on airsoft, then I ask them how much they spent on that $1300 stereo system they put in a $500 car, or how much did that new 4-wheeler/snowmobile cost?

AK - $250

Gear - $300

KSC USP Compact - $170

ammo - more than I really care to count

Running through the woods while looking like a German commando(even with the AK it's still pretty convincing) and shooting your friends - priceless :D

As for joining the military, you can't pay me enough to go stand in 140F weather just so I can get shot at with an AK47 (and the worst part is they give me one of those nasty armalites instead of a real gun like an AK :blink: )

That voice of reason in my head is what made me sell my airsoft guns. What a jerk. At least I can get into a good collage with my camcorder. couldnt do that with an airsoft gun (or could I)

be your own person dont let no one tell you what to do. If airsoft is your thing then spend your money on what makes you happy.

Same here, parents are always asking "So have you finished spending money on airsoft yet?" to which I simply answer "No! STFU already!" Nah jus kiddin', they don't seem to mind so much just so long as I lie about how much it costs ie. Took delivery of an order I placed with WGC not long ago consisting of ICS S.I.R, 5 G&P mid-caps, 5 bags of Orange tracer rounds to accompany a tracer (Which was out of stock :( So I got one second hand) Plus shipping, tax, customs etc. Total = about £250, Dad asks "How much it cost?", "£30" I tell him, "Okay" he say, "Have fun"... Sucker :P

i shall then approach you while your dad is there and offer £50 for it, hehehehe ;)

Archived