Pics of airsoft with pets/animals

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely animal, but the question I pose would be, is owning a Serval as a pet really right ? Don't take that as a suggestion you don't care for it adequately (As I would highly doubt that to be the case!), more just questioning whether having such a pet is ok, as after all it is pretty exotic :P

Interested in how you came to have it etc, please do tell.

Exotic cats are available throughout the US and are legal on a state by state, county by county laws. We got her down in Arkansas (live in Missouri) from a breeder who's got quite a few different animals... but that's a story for later.

All "small" exotics are legal to own (mind you they concider Cougars small) with the proper permits, and frankly the disposable income to feed/house/entertain it. Servals are on the easier side, she eats about half a chicken a day (raw mind you), the cats all have their own room where they can run around jump, do just about everything in the house, albeit they do make a mess just about everywhere...

They're not cheap by anymeans, the savannah there, he's a second gen hybrid between servals and bengals will run you a good $2500, a 1st gen breeding quality wise is about $5000. Servals are around $1500 if I recall correctly.

I gotta admit she's a very interesting critter, very active and playful, per the serval nature, but she's VERY affectionate when she wants to be, but that can quickly change into chasing one of the cats around the house/ being chased by one of the cats (we've also got two Pixiebobs, aka part bobcat) It's quite amusing seeing a 35 pound serval being chased around by an 18 pound miniature Pinscher as well, hehe.