552 project

[H&K]Ravizzone

Alright I can tell you exactly how to do this.

You're faced with four problems:

1. You'll need a Brugger and Thomet RIS, which is made for the real SIG552. Found here, http://www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Cat...ounts&storeid=1.

Again the problem with this is that you may be faced with having to fit it to the TM, but that probably won't be too much of a hassle.

2. The stock adaptor needs to be custom made. The only stock adaptors like that are found on the SIG553 which hasn't come out with a seperate stock adaptor to buy. Basically you'd have to buy the real 553, lol. BUT this guy on airsoftcanada made a custom one for his SG551 and SG552 his name on there is "MightyBudda"

-this is what he explained to me

"....doesn't have all the squeaks like the original stock. the bracket that was used was made by a blacksmith friend of mine, the stock was a metal buffer tube so he welded the bracket to the tube and than two thin plates on the sides that go to the two screw holes at the back sides of the gun itself..."

pics of the bracket:

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

pics of his guns:

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

3. The top rail. You might be able to find a way to get one bolted on to the metal body but for now the marui low profile scope mount is your answer. Oh and be sure to have the proper AIMPOINT scope mount too (has to be very low profile just like the one pictured) i'd recommend the throw lever kind though for quick release action.

4. Battery storage. Now you might want to consider rewiring the gun to the back and have this done by a professional or get a PEQII with a battery for the front RIS. It's your choice. You can also try the laylax 3 pt sling that holds a battery in the sling very nicely it looks like. That might be something to consider.

As for the grip, I dunno what kind but a KAC type should be just fine. The silencer....well closest thing to it would be a KA's OPS inc. suppressor BUT in order to use that you would need to buy a guarder M4 barrel exactly like this:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...rel%20for%20AEG

GOOD LUCK ;)

The full length upper rail looks almost just like the one that comes with the hurricane metal receiver except for the beveled front edges (which could be done if you really want an exact copy).

There are real-steel stock adaptors out there, the 556 (not 553) has a whole different lower receiver that takes an m4 type stock without a folding hinge.

An M4 RAS won't work. The 552 isn't a completely round handguard, it's like an ovalish shape... you'd have to pretty much cut the RAS in half and put something to make it longer and it would look pretty weird. Sadly the B&T handguard is the only RAS out there and costs a ton...

a while ago I looked into making one that looks like this, basically the same thing.

sig.jpg

from examining a 552 it should be possible to bolt off the stock and drill / bolt on an m4 tube adapter. It wouldn't be the strongest thing, but if you're good with plastics you should be able to strengthen it. If not, maybe use a washer. The stock would still retain its folding capability somewhat.

The RS 556 it's not out yet. The final design isn't even known for the moment, the pictures seen several month ago and the prototype shown at the shot show were temporary designs.

The problem with the RS design of that stock is that, even foldable, it can't be locked folded.

Isn't it funny that the SIG owners want to put an AR stock on it, while more and more AR shooters (RS) do prefer the Sig-like Magpul stock?

The RS 556 it's not out yet. The final design isn't even known for the moment, the pictures seen several month ago and the prototype shown at the shot show were temporary designs.

The problem with the RS design of that stock is that, even foldable, it can't be locked folded.

Isn't it funny that the SIG owners want to put an AR stock on it, while more and more AR shooters (RS) do prefer the Sig-like Magpul stock?

I think it is funny that the sig 552 is in my opinion of the most fugly guns out there, but when you put on a RAS and m4 stock, it is one of my favorites.

Well, I guess each person has his own tastes... I find the RIS etc. OK, but nothing more than the average M4. The standard looks more like a rifle, not a lot of different aftermarket pieces thrown together, ALA AR platform.

BTW, I'm the proud owner of a RS 551 Police, and it's one of the finest piece of weaponry I've ever fired. Far smoother than any AR in every way. Swiss quality!

Archived