- The M14 -

Darbyjack

Does anyone here own an M14?

I'd just like to know if its worth the money in terms of range, accuracy and stuff.

it seems to be a bit long.. so im guessing its not too good at cqb right?

does it come with a scope mount? whats the cheapest scope to get for it? :P

many thanks in advance. i shall be looking into it myself now too.

Heap 'um many post on M14 discussing this fine weapon

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...cs&highlite=M14

G&G and TM versions have their pro's and con's.

TM Pro's

TM Reliability

V Hop Up (Better accuracy and Range)

Real Steel Size (More compatable with the real M14 parts)

Hop up is located in the mag well, stays put

Shoots 325 Stock

TM Con's

Metal quality can be pretty poor in some areas

Nylon Bushings

Plasticky HeatShield

Wood Stock is shiney

G&G Pro's

Fantastic Externals

Shoots hard, 340-350

Metal bushings

G&G Con's

Reliability (Some G&G's need some extra Tender love and Care to get working nicely)

Range (Compared to TM's, its got a shorter range, still the same as a standard aeg)

Hop Up Location (Under the bolt, can be a pain to get to)

Not Real Sized (About .5 CM shorter then the real thing... can be annoying for changing out parts with the real thing)

Now having said that, both work extremely well in Woodland and Urban is ok (so long as your not running in and outa buildings) If your looking for a Counter Sniper weapon this is your pick, if your looking for a SAW this is your pick (M14E2 anyone? :D) If your looking for a "in your face up close and personal" weapon, maybe not so mucH :P

I love mine to death even though it sometimes refuses to work (dang do it yourself gearbox upgrades =\)

G&G and TM versions have their pro's and con's.

TM Pro's

TM Reliability

V Hop Up (Better accuracy and Range)

Real Steel Size (More compatable with the real M14 parts)

Hop up is located in the mag well, stays put

Shoots 325 Stock

TM Con's

Metal quality can be pretty poor in some areas

Nylon Bushings

Plasticky HeatShield

Wood Stock is shiney

G&G Pro's

Fantastic Externals

Shoots hard, 340-350

Metal bushings

G&G Con's

Reliability (Some G&G's need some extra Tender love and Care to get working nicely)

Range (Compared to TM's, its got a shorter range, still the same as a standard aeg)

Hop Up Location (Under the bolt, can be a pain to get to)

Not Real Sized (About .5 CM shorter then the real thing... can be annoying for changing out parts with the real thing)

Now having said that, both work extremely well in Woodland and Urban is ok (so long as your not running in and outa buildings)  If your looking for a Counter Sniper weapon this is your pick, if your looking for a SAW this is your pick (M14E2 anyone? :D) If your looking for a "in your face up close and personal" weapon, maybe not so mucH :P

I love mine to death even though it sometimes refuses to work (dang do it yourself gearbox upgrades =\)

Have you seen first hand the TM M14 have better range then the G&G. Im not calling you a liar or anything I just have never seen a stock TM out range a stock G&G. Im looking at getting a M14 sometimes and the range might swing me in favor of the TM

Have you seen first hand the TM M14 have better range then the G&G.  Im not calling you a liar or anything I just have never seen a stock TM out range a stock G&G.  Im looking at getting a M14 sometimes and the range might swing me in favor of the TM

Yes, I've seen my TM m14 outrange US Limit FPS AEG's in its stock form. The V Hop Up improves range and accuracy signifigantly, probably an extra 50 feet with pretty good groupings.

You are talking to the leader of the M14 brotherhood ^_^

I'm going to second this observation of stock TM M14s outranging other guns that ought to outrange it.

BTW - an extra piece of info: neither the TM nor the G&P M14 mags like to feed .3g bbs well. On semi they're fine, but on full auto its as if the mag's springs can't keep up with the rof. On mine I was firing 1 out of ever 3 rounds, but once I switched back to .2g then everything fed fine.

G&G make a soc16 which could be used for cqb, it's like a short version of the m14.

Although I love my SOC16 as much as my I love my sister (thinks for a second about sister.....) errr, make that more my sister, it's not really that much shorter than the M14 - not enough to make it CQB friendly in my own opinion.

However, as UrPeaceKeeper says, it does shoot hard (362 fps out of the box - maybe a bit too hard for some UK sites) and from my experience, it outranges most other AEGs out there. I've never compared it range-wise with a TM M14, although I know from (painful) experience how far those bad boys shoot...

I've got my SOC16 with a RIS kit on it to replace the plasticky upper foregrip bit. Scope-wise, I just slapped a red-dot on there - the first generation G & G SOC16s come with a red-dot supplied.

Either way, they are smashing guns, you won't regret getting a TM or G & G.

Not really on topic, but the heat shield is supposed to be "plasticy".  G&G and TM replicated the real heat resistant fiberglass well.  I have been around enough real M14s and M1As to know it looks right.

Wow you are certainly wrong.

Tm, G&G and the realsteel ones side by side...

you could kill a man with the real steel. Since its plastic, with a metal inner liner like it should

In this order from toughest to flimsiest.

Real>TM>G&G

Not really on topic, but the heat shield is supposed to be "plasticy".  G&G and TM replicated the real heat resistant fiberglass well.  I have been around enough real M14s and M1As to know it looks right.

Pzh bro I've got a real steel fiberglass heatshield on mine, its not plasticky at all, its friggen amazing. At one time I had a real fiberglass body on mine too but the grip was too small and I couldnt get the battery in w/out breaking my bondo job. Maybe next winter I'll try again :)

Uhh, I have a sort of off topic question, but why do so many people like the M14? I mean is it because they look cool and the performance is just a plus, or because they have good performance and they look okay? Personally, I think they're kind of ugly, and everything for them is pretty expensive. I don't hate them or anything, just trying to understand.

Your ignorant.

GOODONE.jpg

Chris, Why do so many people like the M14? Because it takes an M1 Garand and adds a more mordern approach to it. The fact that the design has been in service since the 1950s means its a tried and true weapon. TM took this into acount when making their M14 and so did G&G giving us weapons that resemble their real steel counterpart in both reliability and range and accuracy.

The reason they are so expensive now is because the demand is high and the producers dont produce very many. Parts likewise. EBR Kits are so expensive because they took effort to make and are quite complex. Not to mention the senario above, high demand low amount of product. The M14 is no more expensive then an Armalite in terms of external upgrades unless your looking for a Full conversion kit which for both is incredibly expensive. Example: ICS M4 w/ RIS will cost you about 485. When I bought my M14 it was 340 bucks, RIS kits are still 145 bucks and its still 485. I suppose now it would be more expensive but if you get a good M4 (say a G&P) your going to get the same price in the end.

Hope that helps...

Me personally, I watched Full Metal Jacket too many times I guess...

I have a TM, and love it! I wouldnt use it in any games since its just too heavy to be running around with. Unless I was playing a sniper role. Even still, dont think my fps are good enough to play that role without upgrading.

Mine is basically a show piece, and for me to drool over.

http://www.ggkthnx.com/temp/IMG_2703.JPG

http://www.ggkthnx.com/temp/IMG_2706.JPG

Hmm. I guess its just not my cup of tea. I have heard about the hop up on it though, and that sounds cool. Maybe I'll consider getting one after everyone else doesn't want one. : ) Sonny, is that a real wood stock, or just standard? If it does come standard, I guess the M14 looks better than I thought.

Hmm.  I guess its just not my cup of tea.  I have heard about the hop up on it though, and that sounds cool.  Maybe I'll consider getting one after everyone else doesn't want one. : )  Sonny, is that a real wood stock, or just standard?  If it does come standard, I guess the M14 looks better than I thought.

Thats a wood stock, not the one that comes already on the TM. Having owned the wood stock version myself I can tell you it doesnt look nearly that nice :)

106-0621_IMG.jpg

there is what the faux wood looks like.

Yes thats the Pro Arms wood stock added onto it. Talking around $180 price tag to give it a more realistic feel. The plastic stock that comes with it doesnt do the gun any justice at all! It hurt me to see it on there. I was forced to buy the wood stock...honest.

This is the same gun...before the wood stock:

http://www.ggkthnx.com/temp/IMG_0917.JPG

Archived