Insurgent sniper vs. bulletproof glass.

USMC grunt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, Dragunov SVD weilded by a guerilla vs. a Barret M107 weilded by a highly trained sniper...which one is easier to kill?

Not that I'm against the war/soldiers, I just find it ironic when people yell out "they're not fihgting fair".

Do we fight fair with tanks that have thermal imaging and can annihilate a target from over a mile away, while moving? With GPS guided bombs that destroy the target before they even hear the plane? With a sniper rifle that can take out a car from 1.5 miles away?

War isn't fair--get over it.

dont get into religion or politics please sekiryu.

0.o

All I did was crack a joke...

Back to videos, does anyone know where I can download raw combat footage (preferably allied-side)? I'm sick of all these music videos and lame gunshot/explosion dub overs. I want to hear the real thing.

Umm, are you replying to my comment? I wasn't complaining that the war isn't fair. I was complaining how easy it is for them to take us out by sniping. US Sniper's can't just shoot random people they see. As for the insurgents, all they have to do is go in a building, aim a rifle and pull the trigger at nearby unexpecting soldiers. It's too easy, and you don't need much experience with a rifle to do that.

...now...say the soldiers are 900 meters away...well now that takes some USMC Sniper skills.

*snip* As for the insurgents, all they have to do is go in a building, aim a rifle and pull the trigger at nearby unexpecting soldiers. It's too easy, and you don't need much experience with a rifle to do that. *snip*

Um - they are soldiers and they're in a "war zone" (I won't go into why it's not a war, since no-one seems to care). They ought to be expecting to be attacked. They ought to have security, and sentries, and discipline and a lot of other things that the US Army didn't seem to take to Iraq.

You can't bomb someone's country, topple their government and patrol their streets with your armed soldiers and then complain when your enemies take advantage of your lax security to fight back in a way that is effective.

But all PG13 movies have at least 1 f-bomb in them...

Yep, I clearly remember that scene in Bambi where his mother died and he screamed "Oh *bleep*ing nooooooooooo!", Star Wars eps3 style. And of course the immortal scene in Watership Down when Charlock is hit by the train and Hazel says "What a mess. Well, *bleep* this for a game of soldiers, who's for pizza?".

;)

Archived