Insurgent sniper vs. bulletproof glass.

USMC grunt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For what they believe is right or for a paycheck or other economic incentives?

:ph34r:®

Theyre fighting for their beliefs. Like I said, I didnt want to comment on the war itself...mainly because I didnt want to get flamed for pointing out the fact that the US armed forces are unfortunate sacrificial chickens caught between the US Govt with their corporate paymasters and their fight for global economic domination.

The guys out there think theyre doing whats right. Because theres a huge amount of money being spent to propagandize them to think that way...

;)

Homophobe alert!

I'm not a homophobe. Just don't come onto me.

Never understood why everyone considers Top Gun as a gay movie...

Meg Ryan? Kelly McGillis? No gay...

Kelly McGillis is fugly. I'd rather eat my own excrement than make out with her.

Theyre fighting for their beliefs.  Like I said, I didnt want to comment on the war itself...mainly because I didnt want to get flamed for pointing out the fact that the US armed forces are unfortunate sacrificial chickens caught between the US Govt with their corporate paymasters and their fight for global economic domination.

The guys out there think theyre doing whats right.  Because theres a huge amount of money being spent to propagandize them to think that way...

;)

You mean fighting for their belief that they'll be shoe ins for any number of jobs after they come out?

Or maybe you've missed the recruiting ads that make the Army, Air Force, and Navy out to be fun places to get a technical education and money for a college education? :P The simple fact is that most people who join the military do so to get a tangeable economic benefit(US DoD, Table G-21, Common Reasons for Joining the Military). Obviously most of them believe that they're doing what's right. Most Americans (most people in general) are unwilling to do what they believe to be wrong.

You mean fighting for their belief that they'll be shoe ins for any number of jobs after they come out?

Interesting figures. I wonder if that number of people actually achieve their goals and come out with useable education? I hope they do.

They are old figures...personally, Id think national duty would be a higher reason post 9/11. Maybe not. Personally, I wouldnt even consider the army as a way to improve acedemic education, but Ive never been in the army and never would be.

• 4 months later...

"Do we fight fair with tanks that have thermal imaging and can annihilate a target from over a mile away, while moving?"

im sorry but hahaha is that all that abrams can manage! haha c2`s can hit a target and destroy it at 2.5 miles on the move and the longest recorded hit was spmething like 3 miles by a c2!!

btw for all you non "british" a c2 is a challenger 2

oh yeh do u americans remember in the gulf war when ur abrams friendly fired on a c2 and the round bounced off! oh how embarasing even tho your supposed to have the most sophisticated mtb heck even the russian t80s are more advanced and only a few of them has a stupid gas turbine engine. hmmmm how are troops suposed to get cover behind an abrams in battle wen the turbines running, oh they cant cause of your stupid engine that takes around 15 mins to get up to a running speed, by that time you would have been killed! oh and did u hear recently a british troop was killed by AMERICAN FRIENDLY FIRE

Wow--necro post with wrong information.

T80s are not better than the Abrams.

oh yeh do u americans remember in the gulf war when ur abrams friendly fired on a c2 and the round bounced off! oh how embarasing even tho your supposed to have the most sophisticated mtb

The Abrams and Challenger II have the same Chobum armor....The Challenger II wasn't even deployed in the Gulf War: it didn't come into service until 1998.

c2`s can hit a target and destroy it at 2.5 miles on the move

So can the Abrams. And the Leopard II. And the Type 90. And the Le Clerc.

oh and did u hear recently a british troop was killed by AMERICAN FRIENDLY FIRE

Which was because the British squad wasn't competent enough to report their position, and the pilots were told that there were no friendlies in the area.

*I'm not attacking British forces in that last sentence (have a funny feeling I'll catch flak for that). Just attacking the idiot commanding that particular convoy.

Which was because the British squad wasn't competent enough to report their position,

no no no, the Brits had reported their position, british command knew they were there, us troops knew they were there, but the chain of command wasnt quick enough to call of the attack. the pilots had fired and gone before the command got through. it wasnt the inefficiency of either the brits or the US, it was the enifficency of the whole communications procedure. its war, *beep* happens.

as to the abrams vs challenger II debate? id rather be in the larger Abrams for attacking stuff, and the faster challenger for being attacked. both have strengths and weakness.

I thought the A10 pilots asked about 3 or 4 times for confirmation?

Someone needs to take aircraft IFF transponders and slap them on ground vehicles.

I wonder how the Abrams' smoothbore sabot compares to the Challenger II's rifled barrel in terms of accuracy.

a 120mm smoothbore compared to a 120mm rifled in terms of accuracy hahahahah dont make me laugh n if u think that a abrams is better then ur just bs`in cause the only tank that can take out a challenger 2 is another challenger 2 bet u americans didnt know that did ya!

btw i didnt know russia had brought out a t90 i thought they had t86s still

I thought the A10 pilots asked about 3 or 4 times for confirmation?

Someone needs to take aircraft IFF transponders and slap them on ground vehicles.

I wonder how the Abrams' smoothbore sabot compares to the Challenger II's rifled barrel in terms of accuracy.

are we still talking about the one in the news at the moment? i may be totally wrong here but arent the A10's grounded? as in, not currently in milliraty service???

Archived