I have a springer stay back!

Tucker2006

Hello guys please don't shoot me im a newbie! haha.

How ya all doing, I've just got into airsofting due to pbunyan a friend getting me into it and me getting him into it properly... Thats weird anyways i've ordered my 92F Military Blowback, holster, vest etc. and soon I will have my first skirmish at a site :) Oh and I live in norwich.

Any advice would be nice on airsofting and how to start out?

:D

Edit: Oh yes I have a Mini-MP5 crappy one i got from discovery store lol and a 1 shot reload springer which it much more powerful that Mini-MP5. God they suck.

haha, I know that thats why I ordered...

http://www.sourcegate.org/images/mainchara.../sheppard16.jpg

What he is wearing that the gun hes carrying M92F Military Gas blowback.

Vest, Belt, Holster and the gun plus stuff I need for the gun. All I need now is combat cloths :D

Also where can you get radios for vests?

My advice - Buy a decent holster for that pistol. You'll need it. I've lasted up 'till now with a mangled '58 pattern holster.

It holds a pistol, but it's a right PITA to take out, and if you need to draw it in a hurry, you're up excrement creek without a paddling instrument. As I proved when dueling with xRAZERx at AG06 :D

Use rental guns as your primary for a skirmish or two, or, if you have the cash, just go ahead and get yourself an AEG of your choice.

I know most peopel will say this is rubbish advice but most stock AEG's shoot the same, and the only real differences are cosmetic, unless you want to do some serious upgrades. Just pick something that you like the look of that's made by TM. Or, if you're good at tinkering with these kind of things (or have little to no money) but a chinese clone of one of the marui guns.

Most important thing is to get a gun thet you like, though.

And, of course, to ahve fun!

Oh, one last thing - never EVER skimp on eye protection!!

Some links to get you started, too...

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/

http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/

First two are (IMHO) the ebst two airsoft retailers in the UK - *albatross* have loads of stuff, and fire support have shedloads of spare and upgrade parts, and have free shipping if your order is over £50.

Action hobbys sells mainly clones of marui guns (well, airsoft-wise, anyway) - do some research before jsut buying one of them, as they will all have a couple of minor flaws (they're cheap, though, so what do you expect...), and some of them will be utter junk.

But by doing research, I mean searching, not creating a new thread about it. Most of them have been done before, so if youc an;t find it, it's likley that you just need to search a bit harder.

Eh, thats about it. Hope it helps!

And, eh, Darbyjack, that's hardly helpfull, is it? And you can't talk, judging by the content of the HUGE number of posts you've made, you don't have ANY airsoft guns. ^_^

EDIT - ah, the good old stargate loadouts ^_^ are you basing your kit on that sort of thing, or have I gone and confused myself? ^_^

As for radios, do a google search for PMR446 (I think it's 446, anyway... :unsure:) - I'm not much help for that, as I've yet to use a radio in a skirmish, and, as you'd probably guessed, don't own one!

Cheers MDK-Marshall, I am going to buy the P90 TM when I have enough money, I might however buy the cheap D90-H one from action hobbys. I have already bought 2 cans of preatory ultra gas and some silicone spray from airsoft scotland, However one of the cans nozzle was broken when I got it emailed em no reply yet but ill wait till tommorow as I only got today.

So what do you think of cheap D90-H? I mean 200fps seems pretty good, and I cant rely on my AEG Mini MP5 with like 100fps lol.

EDIT- just saw your edit as posting, Yeah I am going everything tactical he has on except his cloths and underwear lol. and shoes.

Yes im a big fan of stargate and i may die but ill feel cool :) then buy some decent gear LOL.

Well, the D-90.. Um.. Well..

*coughs*

To be honest, it's rubbish. You'd be much better off saving the money for the TM P90 - it's definatley worth the money.

200 fps is most likely exagerated a bit, and you'll be lucky to get most of the shots firing reliably, let alone at 200 fps. The magazine is a terrible gravity-fed affair, which means you have to keep the gun tilted backwards to keep firing.

The TM P90, on the other hand, is solid, reliable, and has mags that feed the whole 300 round capacity with only one wind of the hicap mech (most hicaps need to be wound at least twice to empty all the BB's).

All in all, well worth the money.

It all depends on your budget, though - if you can't afford the TM version, and MUST have a P90, then by all means get the WELL copy. just don't expect it to be any good in a skirmish.

As for the broken nozzle and stuff from *albatross*, give them a wee bit of time - those guys have the best customer service I've ever encountered ANYWHERE (non-airsoft shops included!) - so they'll get back to you soon enough

And the stargate stuff - well, I'm probably going to do myself a stargate loadout at some point, when I can get the money to afford more gear! I've got the P90 and the stargate obbsesion already, so it's just looking the part now!

EDIT:

And for headsets, I sugest getting a firefox throat microphone - never used one myself (Duh, as I've never used a radio..), but almost everyone who has seems to have given it a thumbs up. More somfortable to wear than a full-on headset, and most of tehm come with some kind of headphone and extended PTT (push to talk) button, so you don't have to fubmle with the radio every time you want to use it!

I've been a loyal fan since season 1, episode 12 airing on sky one. Love the show, Also I love shooting I actually miss pretend kid fights and was tempted to join army but this is my salvation :D

Oh and *albatross* yeah I dont mind one can works and they seem like a very good company.

Oh and right now I can't afford P90 but i will save up wanna try it out first with Peter.

Heh, it does kick *albartroth*.... I'm a big fan of most sci-fi things myself. The old episodes of SG-1 were better than the new ones... why did they have to take jack away from offworld operations!?!? Atlantis is all kinds of awesome, too...

But, that's going a bit off-topic ^_^

Actualy, I'm currentley all out of things to say that are ON topic! :lol:

you guys from norwich, check out www.missionairsoft.com.

site situated an hours drive from norwich, its the closest and best it gets in the area. its where i go. check out the A-TAK team forum for plenty of info.

and i assure you, that crappy well d90 thing will get blitzed at a skirmish. you wont stand a chance im afraid. dont waste your money dude.

Stay the hell away from the cheap well. They have a new version of it coming out that seems to be okay, but i still really reccomend the TM. I raped my WELL into an okay gun but stock it is one of the worst things you can buy. Also, idk if you already ordered it but dont get the vest just yet. Just buy a decent holsterand maybe a belt or small rig to carry small accesories. If you want a vest now, the webtex crossdraw vest should be perfect because it already has a pistol holster in it.

Yeah, I only got one! 'Twas ever thus.

You do give good thread though, I'll give you that.

Welcome and enjoy Arnie's wonderland.

Hey, Thanks fellow Newbie :P Feel free to hang out in my thread :)

Soon you shall notice that airsoft will take over your wallet.

aka..it's expensive....but fun!!  :D

Yeah, I know it already has almost £300 spent out this week. Im Broke!! :(

Archived