'Armed Assault' technology trailer

-=SHODAN=-

OFP was and is still the King. Until Armed Assault comes out. The best part is AA will still be able to use OFP missions created in the OFP mission editor.

I have probably dozens of missions I've made for my friends and I, many of them company sized or larger battles. A couple battalion scale clashes as well. BF2, Joint Operations, America's Army and the ilk could never touch it.

But you're right - it takes a massive machine to run it.

In fact after watching that vid I'm restarting the campaign...so tense...

I read somewhere that multiplayer is not limited so say, 128 players(joint operations) or 64 players (BF) but allows a larger number of players to join including even more bots on a dynamic island, allowing huge battles to take place...

Edit:Here is the E3 trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovo5jFkD9Dg

Edit2:Here is a trailer showing of US troops

Edit3:And I bet you're all asking for some action soo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF8UtBuMmqo

OFP/AA really shines not on human-on-human play but really in co-operative play with friends in massive scenarios. Where you are one squad in hundreds of men/tanks/helos/jets clashing.

Mainly because the AI is several leagues above any of the others mentioned (you don't need to "path educate" the bots about maps, as you need to in "box canyon" games like BF,JO, etc) and also because of the VERY rich, unsurpassed mission editor.

More info I found interesting: over on here, the armed assault news page, the bottom news item on page 1 shows a pic from the czech publishers site JRC of an image which shows a special edition Armed Assault pack. The pack will include Special Case, Arma T-Shirt, Arma soundtrack on CD, compass, dogtags a map and of course a copy of Armed Assault.

MAN, WHEN WILL A US PUBLISHER GET NAMED!?! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggg.... Curse you, Codemasters, and your greed.

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/news.php

I'm ordering this puppy the moment it goes on sale in *any* english speaking country. Shipping costs be damned.

(Actually thats what I did with OFP when it first came out as well, since it took forever for it to come to US shores, I bought a UK copy. Best software purchase ever)

ICUs? Do you mean ACUs? If so then the answer would be because thats the current uniform. If you meant ICU I have no idea what you're talking about.

And AFAIK all game's models' animations are always identical. I don't know any game that's mapped unique movement routines for different instances ingame of the same model. Same in BF2, same in HL2, same in FEAR, same in JO, same in CS, etc etc etc.

The tank sounds do need updated - but since the OFP mod structure is still in place thats like a 5 second fix using a mod sound, of which dozens exist that are better already. I just hope the tanks are less "bouncy" - there was a physics reason for that in OFP that one of the devs posted that I forgot, I hope they've overcome that limitation. I also hope they've overcome the 2 weapons firing from the same vehicle limitation and the behaviour where AI can engage a human player beyond their draw distance (getting shot at from beyond the "grey fog" by a shilka you can never see - but your AI gunner can for some reason - while you were piloting a helo sucked hard).

I'm finding just the opposite with ACUs. While intuition while standing around a parking lot before an event would tell you they're going to stand out in the woods, the reality seems to be I have a much harder time seeing ACUs than more traditional camos - which tend to turn into moving blotches of dark that draws the eye (my eye at least).

I also use them and have had people comment on how well they break up the human form in woods.

Archived