Glock metal mag release catch

Smith5

The 'what do you want for christmas' question got asked last night...

I want to put some upgrade parts on my KSC G34 to try and get me to feel like I didnt wast my money on it, but I dont want to go through the hassel of sending the gun off to the shop to be fiddled with.

3 things that I know I want ane a tac light, some of those acrylic sights and a metal mag release catch. Im sure some other things will come to me but those were the 3 that I had in mind already.

Now puting the light and new sights will be easy enough, but how easy is it to remove the plastic mag release catch and replace it with the "Guarder Metal Mag Catch for KSC Glock Series"

The most technical thing I have ever done to any gun is gas the mag, so Im looking for help with how I would go about fitting this new part.

Thanks everyone...

If the most technical thing you've ever done is put gas in the mag, I'd recommend you do exactly what you don't want to do: send it off to the shop to be fiddled with. The only thing worse than sending it to a shop is breaking your gun when you try to mess around with it, and there's about 75% odds that's exactly what you'll do if you have absolutely no experience.

I'm no expert on Glocks, but it seems to me you'd have to remove the slide and disassemble the frame in order to replace the mag catch. I could be wrong, though.

You don't need to do anything special to change the mag catch on a KSC Glock.

1) Field strip the gun. This is not a technical thing, but basic maintenance procedure.

2) Pry the mag catch spring out of the notch in the mag catch. Look at the new one to figure out how it's attached inside the gun. A flat screwdriver is handy for this.

3) Push old mag catch out, insert new mag catch and help the spring into the recess/notch of the mag catch.

-Sale

Thats how it looked to me like how it would be done. But I thought it would be harder than that so I thought Id check. Brilliant, well I can definately manage that. Thanks all.

Ooo whilst im here and on the subject of getting shiny new bits for this glock, I was looking for some new sights and saw some I would like on WGC. Theyre the 'Freedom Art glow sight set' for ksc glocks (FD-GHS-KSCG). Ive searched all the main UK retailers website for them and cant find them. Does anyone in the UK sell these or is able to get them or will it be an order from WGC jobby?

Thanks again all.

Rather than start a new topic seeing as this one has similar conent, I'm trying to "pimp my pistol" a bit (a ksc g18c) but have run out of things to pimp. It's got a metal slide and barrel, upgraded recoil spring on metal guide, firefly rocket valve, uprated hammer spring, shooters design reinforced touch breach, and a nineball air seal hop bucking jobby... I was hoping to find a shooters design loading nozzle to go with the touch breach and maybe some other odds and sods but haven't really had any joy! so other than a metal mag catch what's left for me to pimp? Are these glow sights much cop, because i already applied some glow in the dark paint to the sights and it doesn't really work in combat.

cheers for any suggestions guys!

Archived