10.5" BestGun MRP project

SilentScope

I figured I’d share the process of putting this gun together and modifying some of the parts using a lathe, drill press, etc. It should be fun :D

Photoshop rendition:

guncopyrl8.jpg

Here is my shopping list:

BestGun MRP Kit

Zeke Aluminum M4A1 Receiver Kit

King Arms Battle Grip

Magpul Trigger Guard

Magpul Profile Rail Covers

NICE Vortex Flash Suppressor

GBTech M84 Big Latch

KNS Anti-rotation Pins

LMT Battery Tube Caps

Systema 1J Complete Gearbox

Marui EG 1000 Motor

Custom Work:

Chop barrel down to 10.5” (hide gas block under rail)

Fit BestGun hop-up chamber to Zeke lower receiver

Zeke Receiver kit

z3eb8.jpg

The KAC receiver that comes with the BestGun kit looks too out of place for me to consider keeping it. It is possible to use a KAC lower on an LMT MRP upper with the real rifle, but it's not likely you'd see anything like that actually done. Why BestGun didn't include an LMT lower is beyond me, but the second best thing is a Colt lower as Colt lowers are often used with MRP uppers in the real world (ask Mid-South Tactical Network).

This does present some problems, however as the BestGun kit uses its own 2-piece hop-up so that the barrels can be changed quickly as in the real deal (even though they only make 1 barrel and it comes with the kit). The only receiver kit that uses a 2-piece hop-up design is made by Zeke, and they are a pain in the *albatross* to find. That is why this is the first part I went looking for, because I knew if I bought the MRP kit first and I couldn't find a Zeke kit, I would be SOL.

The plus to using a Zeke kit is the quality. The machine work is extremely fine and the finish is great.

z1sx4.jpg

z2de1.jpg

Dude, you wouldn't be SOL... you could sell it to me! ;) I think they went with the KAC lower because they consider anything and everything KAC as tactical, or better yet... Special Ops. I don't mind the KAC lower myself. but until you have to two sets of receivers in hand I'm guessing it'll be pretty hard to see how the two can fit.

-Alex

Edit: btw, I like the Magpul Trigger Guard you're going to put on it. I had one lying around which I purposely bought for my MRP but never got around to installing. Thanks for the reminder. Are you going to stick with the crane stock? To me, the MRP always seems look better with a MOD stock.

IMHO

if you got a bad *albatross* LMT MRP upper like that, you shouldn't really have to worry about your lower's logo.

the more experienced players will be too busy drooling over your upper to care about what trades you have on your lower.

Only n00bs would *badgeress* about KAC or Colt.

Most people don't even know about LMT.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived