what BBs to use with an upgraded vsr?

pedrosalas7

what BBs would be better with a g-spec upgraded with an m120 spring and tight bore barrel? either these http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/prod...sp?prodID=20073 or these http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/prod...sp?prodID=17526

by the way i'd love to use.29 SMGs or TM .30s but a tight budget won't let me...

thanks a lot.

-Pedro Salas.

Well, you afforded the spring and the barrel, so anti up and get some nice BB's to make the barrel worth the money!

Considering the type of gun, your not going to be shooting thousands of BB's every skirmish, and the better, heavier BB's would do your barrel and spring a favor. Maruzen APS2 .29's are the standard in sniping where I play, with Marushin MAXBB .30's second.

Anways if you really want to use one of those, I'd pick the KSC .3's.

well thanks for the opinions, well first of all, all have used are KSC and AE bbs so i know that the ksc will be good, so between those i'll go for those but what about the digicon straight .30 bbs, there good right? that's what i've heard at least.

the problem i have with the maruzen SMGs and the marushin bbs is that it's really hard for me to justify paying 16$ on 500 bbs with the money i have, of course if i had a lot of money and wasn't on a budget i'd get those, but not now because i'm just starting in the sniping business.

on more thing, can anyone give me a rough estimate on what kind of range i'll get with that set up?

thanks a lot for all the help.

If you spend a bit more on quality BBs you'll most likely end up using less of them. If you're getting more accuracy and consistency, then you should be getting more of those one-shot-one-hit kills.

No point saving a few pennies on lesser BBs if you need to use twice as many to hit someone, is there? ;):waggle:

A friend of mine with a VSR swears by those Grand Master .29s, I forget the make...

Edit; Maruzen Super Grand Masters .29

From ASCUK topic post... So far the best ammo seems to be the Maruzen Super Grand Masters (0.29) as they are made to a very high standard. The worst seems to be the Digicon Streight ammo. Very inconsistant.

And...

they are the maruzen super grand masters 0.29gram and are considered the best sniper rounds by far!

they have been available from firesupport and they cost quite a bit

Only a couple, read more for yourself...

Go to airsoftcommunity.co.uk and search for Super Grand Master BBs...

yeah i know they are the best... i'll probably end up getting those, even if i'll scar my wallet for some time.

TM .30's. Even better then SGM, I think. I decided not to spend 15 bucks on 500 bbs, I thought that was crazy. I used some Infinity .28's from Jungle Toy. They are good quality and ran great with my 450 FPS VSR-10. I recomend those, unless you really need the best.

DP

Today I picked up some TM .3's, and I must say, they DID have better accuracy than my SGM's. FPS was about the same, although the .01g increase.....stuck at about 470-480 FPS first three shots with a 65-70F mag, AICS + KM TB + PowerBolt......TM's grouped a tad better, and worked more consistently with the hopup, could be because there more concentric....

Pedro you will NOT be dissapointed in any way the AICS, but once again...you were saying you can't justify spending a few $$ more on BB's, well you are now purchasing a super expensive airsoft gun, which you will not be able to justify paying for by any means :)....so I'd stick with the good BB's as well.

Archived