MARPAT loadout

TheLair

I am wanting to do a Digital Woodland loadout, as this will be my first real loadout, I will need some help and suggestions. Pics are also greatly appreciated so I can see what I do and dont like. Heres the deal:

- I want MARPAT duh. But does anyone know where I can get the real stuff?

- Some kind of LBV or a plate carrier w/ pouches. The issue here is Im not sure what color to get to compliment the camo. OD or CB or what? Cheaper is better, but I want something of quality that will last.

- Head gear (Boonie or MICH?) and again the color issue

- Knee pads, but the same color issue

So my biggest problem seems to be the color contrast. If anyone has pics with OD gear and with CB gear, that would REALLY help clear that part up for me.

I will definately give out +1s to all who are helpful. Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go on ebay for the marpat. I got mine from there and you can get a great deal. Get all gear in CB. You're gonna want to get an IBA as well as pouches in CB. Forget the mich or ach. Get a LWH with marpat cover like me or just get a pasgt and modify it if you don't want to spend the money. In terms of kneepads, you're gonna want to go with CB. Just put CB kneepads or usmc kneepads in ebay and you'll be good to go. :)

Marpat with basically every color available.

Im in the lower right hand corner and my rig is khaki. My best friend anthony is on the lower left hand corner and the base of his rig is CB.

planning2pr2.th.jpg

Again, black and khaki.

walkingdz1.th.jpg

Here's a closer view with great color comparison.

awesomese5.th.jpg

If I were you, I'd look for the real issue MARPAT. It's a tad bit expensive, but is definately better than Tru-Spec. A MARPAT boonie would also be good. It helps break up your figure more out in the woods better than a helmet with cover does.

As for you loadout, I recommend going with an OD plate carrier or vest and mixing up the pouches with some being CB and others being OD. Seems to work for me with my current MARPAT setup.

Unfortuneately I do not have any pics of my gear at the moment...

I have to agree with the statement about the real stuff being worth it.

Here's mine.

allmarinestuff.jpg

Hmm, looks like what I'm trying to build for my Marine Corp. loadout...an M16A4.

Just to clear things up, I do not own a pair of the real MARPAT, but several people I know do have the real thing and it works spectacular for them. Unfortuneately I am still stuck in the Tru-Spec age....but I do hope to purchase a real set of MARPAT for myself soon.

Hmm, looks like what I'm trying to build for my Marine Corps. loadout...an M16A4.

Just to clear things up, I do not own a pair of the real MARPAT, but several people I know do have the real thing and it works spectacular for them. Unfortuneately I am still stuck in the Tru-Spec age....but I do hope to purchase a real set of MARPAT for myself soon.

I fixed your "S" :D

Anyway.. Yup. That's what it is. Go for the real stuff. I went to the surplus store and saw some of the replica stuff. It's garbage.

Well, I just bought the real deal from ebay, and I'm in the UK, so you should be able to source it easy enough in the US. It's just a matter of if your budget stretches that far, as already said, it's not that cheap, but then it's not as common as US Woodland. Here's some pics of me with an OD Eagle Plate Carrier and a MICH with MARPAT cover (that unfortunately doesn't fit very well) to give you some more of an idea.

airsofting052nx8.th.jpg airsofting055sk6.th.jpg

For a USMC Impression Basically you need:

*A new I repeat New ICS M4 or M16 w/ an ACOG style weapons sight Guarder makes a nice one.

*An Interceptor Vest in Coyote Brown w/Desert MARPAT(Thats Marine Digital Camo) BDUs

*OR the Woodland Camo Interceptor w/ Desert Tri-Color Camo BDU's

*Desert Style Boots (The tan ones)

*Flight Gloves

*PASGT style Helmet with Cover

*USMC Style Goggles

*Possibly a 3-day Pack w/ MOLLE Loops

*A 2 qt. Canteen attached to the Side of the MOLLE on the Backpack.

*3 Point Sling

*Knee Pads

*If you're going to carry a Pistol Get a M9 and a drop-leg holster.(I know nothing about this part)

Now I'm sure I've over looked something here but it should be you're basic Marine Corp loadout. This loadout should give you a somewhat basic loadout for a Marine in Iraq right now. It should give you a look of someone thats been in the *beep* for a while too. Its got a good mix of somewhat older style gear and new issue stuff. I tried to keep the list of suppliers low and its more of a rough guide of the basics you need. I'm not saying you absolutely have to stick with those suggestions but as long as you get something close you'll look fine.

Oh and I hope this helps you get what you need. :)

Hmm I posted this a while back for someone that was looking for a Marine Corp Loadout.

One thing to note is that the USMC is working to replace the current IBA. The new one is called "MTV" (Marine Tactical Vest). It looks like a Spartan I with side panels. So probably actually a Spartan II.

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?sectio...67&archive=true

Just like to point out that its called the "modular tactical vest" as stated in the article you posted :P

well i just got my real deal Deser Marpat from hong kong,

for a USMC loadout, you want Marpats then a CB Interceptor, however an FSBE or similar would be fine, all in CB

you could get a WC flack vest and Alice webbing and have MARPAT BDUs, it looks quite kool,

im readin this book on USMC in Iraq in 2003 (yeh i no im sad) and they mostly wear Flack vest and ALICE or MOLLE vests, not many have the interceptor.

Tan boots are actually not USMC approved. You need to get the olive green ones with the EGA (Eagle Globe Anchor) logo.

As for the IBA, get one from www.entrygear.com. Get the SDS (Specialty Defense Systems) one. It's a cover, no ballistic inserts, but it's also used in the field by Marines. But be advised that their CB (coyote brown) is a shade lighter than PB's (Point Blank) CB.

I would also recommend CB AITES molle pouches, used by Marines and the correct shade of CB. Entrygear sells a rifleman pouches set, which consists of 3 double M16 mag pouches and 2 grenade pouches, for US$75.

Tan boots are actually not USMC approved. You need to get the olive green ones with the EGA (Eagle Globe Anchor) logo.

What? I've never ehard that before.

Additionally the Marines now use flesh-out brown suede leather combat boots in the field, as opposed to the "spit-shinable" black leather boots.
What? I've never ehard that before.

Additionally the Marines now use flesh-out brown suede leather combat boots in the field, as opposed to the "spit-shinable" black leather boots.

They're not olive green. The ones in the pic I posted are EGA approved. There is an EGA on the heel because they are the Bellevilles. Poorie, the ones you posted are nice, but they are not like the ones the USMC use. They only use Bellevilles or Bates. ;)

I know they weren't Marine Corp Approved. I had just posted that loadout list for a guy that was looking for a low cost marine corp loadout. It was just a suggestion thats why I said I'm sure it's not perfect buts close to what you need. It was about replicating the look really. Oh and I do suggest getting real Marine Corp approved ones. I love my Belleville's and my old school black leather boots.

Also you should get the Full Interceptor set up and never ever have to take a hit.

interceptor.jpg

Soon they will look like medeival knights in CB armour ;)

EDIT: All the Bates boots that are USMC approved are in tan so you could wear tan boots. I'd rather like a pair myself (in black)

Wrong...All USMC aproved Bates boots are in Coyote (earth brown). If you order "Tan" boots you will get Desert Tan. Only the boots with the Eagle, Globe&Anker on the heel is USMC approved.

If you buy Marpat BDU, just buy something in coyote (tan or brown) in gear to go with it. If you look on hte usmc.mil picture site you will see that a lot of Marines just buy their own stuff so it will fit their needs.

Archived