MARPAT loadout

TheLair

The groin guard is looking a little small, i dont even think its completely over your boys! lookin good though, just too.....clean. There, i said it. No self respecting Marine is gonna be that clean :D

actually, every self respecting marine HAS to look as clean as possible when in CONUS.

we actually spent DAYS scrubbing all of our gear down to look somewhat respectable after ending combat ops in Iraq. a lotta stains wouldn't come out, but we did the best we could to clean up a little.

if you wanna look like a marine, you might as well act like a marine. don't be afraid to get down or dirty, or wet! people will look at you crazy (they look at me crazy) at the end of the day when i'm crusted over in mud and sopping wet. the best cover is down and dirty.

just give it time, and your gear will get that look that says you've been out in the field for a while.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually, every self respecting marine HAS to look as clean as possible when in CONUS.

we actually spent DAYS scrubbing all of our gear down to look somewhat respectable after ending combat ops in Iraq. a lotta stains wouldn't come out, but we did the best we could to clean up a little.

if you wanna look like a marine, you might as well act like a marine. don't be afraid to get down or dirty, or wet! people will look at you crazy (they look at me crazy) at the end of the day when i'm crusted over in mud and sopping wet. the best cover is down and dirty.

just give it time, and your gear will get that look that says you've been out in the field for a while.

Damned straight! It always puzzled me as to why people hate to get their gear a little dirty. It gives it character IMHO. ;)

Edited for sizing.

post-24087-1162425483_thumb.jpg

post-24087-1162425421_thumb.jpg

post-24087-1162425529_thumb.jpg

That's my loadout when I was previously in Iraq.

Standard Issue pouches were unreliable AND woodland (and old as hell, made when molle was replacing ALICE), so most of the pouches were self-purchased.

Actually, all of them were.

It's all a matter of personal preference...there is no "RIGHT" or "WRONG" way to arrange your stuff. what works for one person might not work for another. I had a marine who liked ALL of his mags in drop leg subloads, and didn't have anything attached to his body armor, save his NVG bag and his IFAK.

• 1 month later...

Archived