Tactical Hoodie

xRAZERx

It was within forum limits and still is. The whole signature is within forum limits and still is. It was removed yesterday because, seemingly, a moderator unable to read the forum rules wanted to get one over on me.

Yes, I am (mostly leaving). I'll be browsing, I'll be using the sales area, and if someone really deserves an answer to a question I might bother to answer it. Besides that, I've had it.

EDIT: Sig problem now resolved, at least.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone looking for another soft-shell option should check out www.beyondfleece.com. I noticed a friend of mine sporting one of these in a very tacticool Desert Khaki color the other day and was pretty impressed. The cool part about these is that they are custom made to your specifications, and you get to pick all the options like how it fits, placement of pockets & zippers, hood/no hood, etc.

Like I said, just another option.

Hey

I ordered my TAD Stealth Hoodie in TAN this Sunday and I am really looking forward for it to arrive :) I hope it is as good as everybody says. I think I will take some pictures of it when it arrives. Might be a little off topic, but does anybody know a good side for funny patches to put on the Hoodie?

AxelFoley

Myself at Longmoor this weekend in the SORD Hardface.

meh.JPEG

I would argue that a thicker jacket has narrower temperature range as you can change your base/midlayers when it gets colder, but once you pass the upper temperature comfort zone then you have to ditch it.

Thus, the useful and actually functional pit-zips.

I wore my TAD hoodie for the first time on Sunday at Spectre. The hood was very useful when it ###### down.

I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed when I received it. I didn't think it looked any more tactical or robust than a softshell from the highstreet (apart from the velcro on the arms for insignia and the highly textured fabric - the likes of which I've never seen on a softshell).

However, after diving into and behind cover provided by breeze blocks and sections of rusty metal I had to admit that the thing can take some punishment without marking - let alone abrading. The face of the softshell fabric on the TAD is, as mentioned, noticeably more textured than that on my North Face Apex. The thicker weave also appears to be more rugged.

The SORD jacket has 1000D cordura on the lower arm and elbow. I destroyed my last soft-shell at the elbows. I'm not new to owning one and I can safely say from looking at the TAD offering that the SORD will last longer if used roughly.

I take Chimpy's point about the SORD Hardface's cordura. However, I really think softshell elbow destruction depends on the quality/weave of the softshell in question. Softshells are supposed to be abrasion resistant whilst combining 3D stretch, warmth, breathablility, lightness and other qualities. I really think that using cordura compromises the softshell idea - especially if the softshell in question is a TAD, as it really is a different beast from, say something produced by TNF or Arc'teryx.

Anyway, I haven't taken any pictures of what I like to call my CHAVPAT jacket. It's in ME green and it looks like Havoc's.

Hey guys. My TAD Hoodie finally has arrived and it´s more than worth the money I payed for it. It is the perfect jacket. Lightweight, low profile, high quality, flawless design. Now i am looking for a loadout to match it. I thought about an Eagle CIRAS (I don´t have any idea which pouches I should get), a baseball cap, M Frame, or ESS eyeshield, DCU trousers and a Safariland for my 1911. But I don´t have any idea if that would look cool, since there would be a lot of TAN in the loadout and i don´t have a clue what shoes would match.

Any other suggestions for a loadout with the TAD Stealth Hoodie in TAN?

I am also looking for a flashlight that fits in the small pockets of the high riase hand warmer pockets.

Is it possible to buy a TAD gen 2 anywhere in euorope? or do you have to order it directly from tad?

I couldn't find it anywhere else, plus an EU company would probably have to put a hideous margin on it due to import costs. In the UK, as an individual, you don't always get invoiced for import duty when purchasing from the US.

Is it possible to buy a TAD gen 2 anywhere in euorope? or do you have to order it directly from tad?

I couldn't find it anywhere else, plus an EU company would probably have to put a hideous margin on it due to import costs. In the UK, as an individual, you don't always get invoiced for import duty when purchasing from the US.

TAD is first and foremost an independant retailer, in order to produce their own products they have to outsource materials and manufacture. This is why they only produce in limited quantities and why it is highly unlikely that any other store will have it.

Archived