Somthing Painful happend

Woodco

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hum one of the worst for me was when I was dismantling a wooden box and stood on a bit of wood with a nail in it. Saw some wood under my shoe and thought it had just gone into my boot, so pulled the nail out, 10 seconds later I was sure it hadn't! Had to go to A&E to get em to patch up the huge hole....always wear my steel mid sole boots now!

Other things include a holiday in the Western Isles, I tripped in a car park and filled my knee with gravel....then about two days later was jumping of a small pier and slipped and cut up the other knee badly!

One other thing that didn't hurt too much but was very funny was when I was working at the dish washer at work and I slipped on the water on the floor, did the splits (very funny to watch as I am 6'2" and 300lbs) and split my trousers completely in half....needless to say all the waitresses loved the boxer shorts.... :rofl:

McM

Not really had many seriously painful injuries etc, but to list a few of the more painful ones:

- Back at primary school, while running full pelt to be tripped up on purpose. Instant face plant with bruising and cuts to my nose / face and also damage to my front teeth.

- Falling over while sprinting along happily during a PE lesson at secondary school, and fracturing my left wrist - trip to A&E and plaster for 6 weeks.

- Coming off my push bike at about 20mph, doing a foward roll which put a nice big gash in my left shoulder, and also *fruitcage* my right wrist up a treat. Another trip to A&E.

Im just awaiting the eventual car crash that will bring about a whole new world of pain given the poor level of safety my current motor has. (I say this after some stupid *badgeress* pulled out on me whilst I was cruising along at 60 yesterday - cue hefty braking and harsh language)

First off I'm new to the forums

Ow. My toe now hurts in sympathy.

The most painful thing I've ever been through were the injections I had when I had an operation on my big toes to remove the in-growing toenails. I'd left them for way too long, so they'd gotten infected, and become truly bad and disgusting. So, imagine a badly swollen toe having a huge needle poked into the really sensitive part....then having liquid pumped into my toe, which was already full of liquids. Then imagine having that twice on each big toe.  Then imagine having to do it all again because the first time around, the injections didn't take.

The first operation didn't take, so I had to have it again. 18 *fruitcage* injections. And I hate needles. I remember they had to shut the doors in the clinic, I was screaming so loud.

DUDE! I experienced the same thing it hurt SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!

It HURT but if i were watching while the doctor was like shoving a "wooden BBQ stick" into my toe it would have hurt 10000000000x more

I had an ingrowing nail done 3 weeks ago...

It was pretty much the same experience as Kyrian_Zenda had...

only difference was I didn't have enough anaestetic also - but he put the scissors / clamp thing all the way down the side of my nail before I could work up the scream...

I now understand why bamboo shoots under the nails is considered the worst pain imaginable!

Dudes! Call me Kyrian, please, don't be so formal :P

I remember during the surgery (I brought a book with me, since I'm squeamish and didn't want to watch), the surgeon called me, so i looked down the table at her. She then proceeded to bury this pointy thing inside my toe (without me feeling a thing) about an inch in. Of course, upon seeing this, I just went OMG and threw my head back to where it had been before, completely ignoring what she was saying, just agreeing so that she wouldn't do it again.

And, yeh, a wooden BBQ stick sounds about right :P

Misfit: considering the kid had picked the fight with a bunch of his mates, and we'd already seen off three of them, i think the pair of us did really rather well....

Sodium Chloride solution = salt water, for the record.

Most painful experience? Snapping my patella tendon failing at the high-jump (came down with my knee on the bar I think). Sent my kneecap somewhere up under the skin on my thigh. You can imagine what that looked like.

Hurt so much that it didn't really hurt.

Jammy_Stuff and Crandall both claim their most painful experience is bumsex with a horse. I'll leave them to explain.

Ugh, ingrown toenails. My dad has them, and I inherited them. Lucky me. I've had at least one surgery for each side of each of my big toes.

Oh, and I filleted my pinky with a utility blade while trying to cut some tape. I ran up to my teacher, Mr. Payne, and yelled "Mister Payne, I'm in pain!" Of course, he was very amused. :P

Not really as painful as what some are describing, but still it hurt. I learned I have a bad knee when I was about 8. One morning I woke up and about an hour later my knee hurt badly and I couldn't walk. No one believed me because I was watching some cartoon, Rugrats I think, where some one faked falling down the stairs and said their leg was broken to get out of doing stuff. 2 hours later we went to the hospital to find out I had liquid in my kneecap or something of that sort. Had to stay in the ER for 3 hours with an IV. I think that stuff hurt, but I don't really remember.

Now, I still have some trouble with my knees, mainly the right one. A couple of months ago I fell off of a something I was kneeling on when changing a lightbulb. It hurt quite a bit, but not as much as when I was trying to so like a sideways in air kick on this boxing thing I have in my basement, and I did it, but I hadn't quite figured out how I was going to land. Landed on the same damn knee. It hurt like someone had set my bones on fire. For 2 minutes I couldn't move. Probably the worst pain I can remember.

Another time I got sick or something, I got this pain in my gut like I had been kicked in the genitals. It hurt so bad I couldn't move. I was at my father's house, sleeping on the couch and I was going upstairs to wake him up to ask for help or something (What the hell he was going to do, I don't know) when he came out his bedroom with a revolver! I almost got shot he said. He said that I should just throw up and I'd be okay. I was feeling a little better, so I tried to go to the the toilet and after puking and ###### whatever was inside of me, I felt better and went back to sleep. This kind of sickness happened twice after that but I don't know what from.

What does getting kicked in the nuts feel like? It gives me a pain in my stomach and makes me feel like i have to puke. That's normal right?

Okay, about the high heels, well a kid in my school was in a fight, and his opponent knocked him down. The opponents girlfriend, wearing stilletto heels walks over, and well, his lefty is now made of glass. No joke.

Anyway, I broke both bones in my left forearm in a botched bike jump (the bike wound up landing crosswise on my arm, snapping both bones). Anyway, in the process of resetting the bone, I was given much more moryphene (sp?) than the normal dosage, and it still had practically no effect on me. The doctor said I should be out cold, but I wasn't even slurring my words. Needless to say they reset my arm with me feeling pretty much all the pain. God that hurt.

Even after all that, it healed wrong, so they had to rebreak it and do the whole surgical metal rod job. Luckily, whatever they knocked me out with that time worked like a charm.

I guess I'm just pretty resistant to normal anesthetics.

sliced the tip of my finger off with a carving knife, took a quarkscrew through my fingertip, had my palm split in half by a kitchen knife, had a 3mm thick inch long peice of wood stuck in my through my finger, 12yr old kid who pitched for his baseball tean threw a baseball into my nads, got a bb lodged in my arm, got stabed in the wrist ( only went about 5mm deep or so though) had a guy jump on my back so that his knee landed in my spine (have slight back problems cause of that)... and i'v never been to the hospital once. lol

the second and last time I went skiing a snowboarder cut me off, I blackout when I hit the ground and some how this F**king snowboarder runs over my shoulders and neck. The metal edge of the board gave me a nice gash on the back of my neck. When i woke up I was being towed behind a ski patrol snowmoblie and on my way to the ambulance. I guess they though that I had broken my back.

Most of the times when I get injured I am pumped up on adrenaline so don't feel it too much until a few hours after. The most painful one is probably taking a dart in the back of the hand.

Edit: Oh actualy I was hit with a bike chain once, that hurt.Lacerations ftl.

Nothing so spectaclualr for me, but still pretty painful:

-was bounced totally out of a bouncing castle and my left knee landed in the groove between the castle and the inflatable ramp, fractured kneecap and the inability to move my leg from the original injury position for awhile

-tried to jump down the stairs back home, forgetting the lip of the landing was six inches above my head at the time <_<, completeing the journey completely on my *albartroth*, bouncing down each step.

And of course, running into a steel railing groin first

Archived